Telltale Autumn Sale

400 Days (Season One DLC) review / discussion thread - SO MANY SPOILERS

puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
edited September 2013 in The Walking Dead
Hey guys, thanks for playing The Walking Dead: 400 Days! This thread is dedicated to all your spoilery review / general discussion goodness. Have at!

No need to tag spoilers here, the whole thread will be full of 'em. Looking for the spoiler-free thread? It's here.
«13456

Comments

  • edited July 2013
    I hope Russell is like a brother to Clem in season 2.
  • edited July 2013
    I have a SPOILER question.
    I am playing it via Steam tomorrow. Does the episode explain why the cancer survivors are there?
  • edited July 2013
    I have a SPOILER question.
    I am playing it via Steam tomorrow. Does the episode explain why the cancer survivors are there?

    To be fair, this whole thread is spoiler-y, so I don't think you have to tag it. (As Puzzlebox said.)

    Regardless:
    It sort of does, but not really. During an argument Brie's death is brought up, and Joyce attributes it to trusting strangers, but Boyd says that their group fell apart because Vernon was so keen on stealing the boat and not because they trusted Lee. That's about as far as it goes into it.

    Also, my own experience was fairly pleasant, but I'm not sure I enjoyed it as much as some of the episodes. It was certainly good, I just felt some of the stories were too short, and a lot of the decisions were so confusing and happened so quickly that I didn't even know they were decisions until after.

    I also was a little disappointed with the ending, as Vince and Shel refused to go with Tavia, and they were two of my favorites. (Thankfully Russell did go when I talked to him about Statesboro.)

    Honestly though those were more issues with how it turned out for me personally and not how the game was, except for the confusing decisions.

    The stats don't show for me, either - they just say 50% for everything, which I know definitely isn't right.
  • edited July 2013
    Here's how you get everyone. I tested it.
    Shoot Danny's knees. He's the rapist.
    Let the guy go and drive away.
    Lie about Dee.
    For the Russell and Wyatt you have to say you have to say they might find people they know when you find them at the camp.
  • edited July 2013
    What about Shel? I can't seem to get her to join.

    Also, was Dee's death sick or what? I totally did not expect that. Chiiiiills.

    My favourite character's personally are Vince and Wyatt, but my favourite short stories where Russell's and Shel's.

    Vernon died before anyone could kill him ;_:
  • edited July 2013
    Viner16 wrote: »
    What about Shel? I can't seem to get her to join.

    Also, was Dee's death sick or what? I totally did not expect that. Chiiiiills.

    My favourite character's personally are Vince and Wyatt, but my favourite short stories where Russell's and Shel's.

    Vernon died before anyone could kill him ;_:

    Let the guy go and then drive away.
  • edited July 2013
    Viner16 wrote: »
    Also, was Dee's death sick or what? I totally did not expect that. Chiiiiills.
    I actually thought the silhouette was Dee, but when I didn't act I died. So upon redoing it... I was completely horrified that it was her. Rewound twice trying to find a way around it. Gosh, it was really really sick.
    Viner16 wrote: »
    Vernon died before anyone could kill him ;_:
    Also, are we sure he's dead?
  • edited July 2013
    I didn't lie to Leland about Dee and Bonnie still went. The two people who didn't go were Russell and Vince.
  • edited July 2013
    Ahhh I let him go but executed Steph ;_;

    Can I just start at the halfway of that episode, or do I have to replay the entire thing? Haven't tried replaying.
  • edited July 2013
    I didn't lie to Leland about Dee and Bonnie still went. The two people who didn't go were Russell and Vince.
    Did you talk about finding people in the community? Since it was previously thought that saying so would affect both Russell and Wyatt, that could tell a lot.

    (What choices did you make with Russell?)
  • edited July 2013
    I didn't lie to Leland about Dee and Bonnie still went. The two people who didn't go were Russell and Vince.

    Ah. Well then she is the one that always will go.
  • edited July 2013
    sardines wrote: »
    Did you talk about finding people in the community? Since it was previously thought that saying so would affect both Russell and Wyatt, that could tell a lot.

    (What choices did you make with Russell?)

    It does. They both go because Russell wants to find his family that he was going to in his story and he thinks that they are there, and Wyatt wants to find his friend.
  • edited July 2013
    You can't avoid it? I was gonna do nothing on Playthrough 2 but you just crushed my dreams ;_;

    Ahhh and was it Nate that was chasing Wyatt? The car looked the same.
  • edited July 2013
    It does. They both go because Russell wants to find his family that he was going to in his story and he thinks that they are there, and Wyatt wants to find his friend.

    I know, I talked about it in my game. But I thought Mulder said Wyatt went, while Russell didn't. That would imply that one of them has a way to go without the Statesboro dialogue option.
  • edited July 2013
    I picked the "people of all ages" comment and Russell still didn't go. Wyatt went anyways even after I had already left Eddie behind no questions asked. As for Vince I saved Danny and Vince didn't go.....
  • edited July 2013
    sardines wrote: »
    I know, I talked about it in my game. But I thought Mulder said Wyatt went, while Russell didn't. That would imply that one of them has a way to go without the Statesboro dialogue option.

    Maybe if you stay in the car as Wyatt and kill the old people as Russell? IDK. That's what I did and it worked.
  • edited July 2013
    Maybe if you stay in the car as Wyatt and kill the old people as Russell? IDK. That's what I did and it worked.

    I stayed in the car and as Russell I refused to kill the old people.

    Also as Shel I chose not to kill that guy and then drove away instead of dealing with Stephanie and Shel and Becca went.
  • edited July 2013
    I stayed in the car and as Russell I refused to kill the old people.

    Also as Shel I chose not to kill that guy and then drove away instead of dealing with Stephanie and Shel and Becca went.

    Well then problem solved.
  • edited July 2013
    I picked the "people of all ages" comment and Russell still didn't go. Wyatt went anyways even after I had already left Eddie behind no questions asked. As for Vince I saved Danny and Vince didn't go.....

    That's not the option. It the one where she says they might find people they know there.
  • edited July 2013
    That's not the option. It the one where she says they might find people they know there.

    Yes that is what I figured why Russell didn't go. Still not sure why Vince didn't go.
  • edited July 2013
    I'm guessing that the two shadow figures who spot Clem in season one are two of these characters?
  • edited July 2013
    I'm guessing that the two shadow figures who spot Clem in season one are two of these characters?

    No not at all
  • edited July 2013
    Oh.
    It makes the plot thicken
  • edited July 2013
    i hope i can find a way to save eddy, i didnt know you can take him?

    Wyatt still is my fav and could be comedy type to clem, while shel can be the female lee with making tough choices and such or choose bonnie; for some reason i like her and i was surprised she was a junkie
  • edited July 2013
    Overall, this was good, as expected. There were some genuinely tough decisions out there where neither option could be considered better. I am a bit disappointed that this didn't tie more into the main game since the only thing that seemed to be directly affected by my choices there was who appeared for the "Reunited" trophy. The mention about Vernon's group was good, though, even if it left it fairly open. I suppose my biggest complaint would be that spreading it across five characters meant that there wasn't much time to develop each. I don't know how much any of them will play into Season 2, so we'll have to see where it goes. In total, I'd say it was good, though each portion on its own is a bit lacking since each finishes so quickly.
  • edited July 2013
    No not at all

    how do you know? You dont and i hope shel and wyatt or bonnie save clem
  • edited July 2013
    Wyatt#1 wrote: »
    how do you know? You dont and i hope shel and wyatt or bonnie save clem
    Probably because Clem left Savannah around Day 110 and this is Day 400 LOL
  • edited July 2013
    Probably because Clem left Savannah around Day 110 and this is Day 400 LOL

    you have a point tho. why would clem stay in the same spot for 400 days?
  • edited July 2013
    Greed1914 wrote: »
    Overall, this was good, as expected. There were some genuinely tough decisions out there where neither option could be considered better. I am a bit disappointed that this didn't tie more into the main game since the only thing that seemed to be directly affected by my choices there was who appeared for the "Reunited" trophy. The mention about Vernon's group was good, though, even if it left it fairly open. I suppose my biggest complaint would be that spreading it across five characters meant that there wasn't much time to develop each. I don't know how much any of them will play into Season 2, so we'll have to see where it goes. In total, I'd say it was good, though each portion on its own is a bit lacking since each finishes so quickly.
    I bet the people at the end were the ones who found Clem. The woman and the guy who was talking to her on the radio. And they will appear at the camp.
  • edited July 2013
    My best guess for how 400 Days will affect season 2 is that Clem and the two silhouettes in the distance at the end of the game will end up in Tavia's community towards the latter half of the season.
  • edited July 2013
    My best guess for how 400 Days will affect season 2 is that Clem and the two silhouettes in the distance at the end of the game will end up in Tavia's community towards the latter half of the season.

    ohhhhhhh:eek:
  • edited July 2013
    From my five playthroughs of the game, I found it impossible to have Bonnie decline you. The only thing I didn't do in those playthroughs was act like an ass to them both. I was sure the silent treatment would make her decline me, but she still chose to go with Tavia. Even when I tried acting like an ass to everyone as Tavia, Bonnie went along seemingly with no reason.

    Shel and Becca would go with you no matter what if you drove away. I don't think letting the guy go or not changes that. If you drove away, they say they are in fear of getting caught by Roman, so they will go only if someone else agrees to go first. And because I can't find a way to get Bonnie to refuse, that would mean Bonnie, Shel, and Becca go with you no matter what.

    If you kill Steph, they say they don't trust anyone and won't go.

    If you don't tell Russell about the possibility that people he knows may be there, then he won't go.

    If you beat Eddie at the game of rock paper scissors, then Wyatt would go with you no matter what because he feels guilty about leaving Eddie alone to die. If you lost the game, he won't go because he doesn't trust you. However, he will go if you tell the group about the possibility of his friends being there.

    If you freed the thief instead of the rapist, Vince seems to go because he is upset how the guy just left you. If you freed the rapist, he says he doesn't want to go because the guy was a team player and feels bad that he had to die. I find this stupid, because if you made the whole group go while Vince stays, this would make him a hypocrite. How would he be a team player if everyone in the team left to go with Tavia?

    Anyway, I also found out that some events change depending on what scenario you started off with. I started off with Bonnie on my first playthrough, and after she fell down the hill I woke up to find the walker cop and I had to kill him. On my second playthrough, I started off with Russell and I had the option of killing the walker cop at the gas station or letting him roam. When I chose Bonnie's scenario next, she just runs away after she wakes up. On the first playthrough, Russell didn't see any walker cop at the gas station.
  • edited July 2013
    I did not feel any sorrow for any characters. When Dee died I was like "LOL".......
    I went in this order, Vince,Shel,Wyatt,Bonnie,Russel. The best mission was Russel's.
    I am pretty disappointed with this episode. For 5$ it was good and all but it gets a score of....
    5.8/10 really meh.
  • edited July 2013
    Wait, so it almost doesn't matter what you say as Tavia (besides the you might find ppl you know line) it just matters what you did?

    ...

    >=)
  • edited July 2013
    Thank you George1120 this is very interesting.
  • edited July 2013
    My order was Russell,Vince,Shel,Wyatt,and Bonny.
  • edited July 2013
    My Order was Vince, Wyatt, Russel, Shel and Bonnie.
  • edited July 2013
    Viner16 wrote: »
    Wait, so it almost doesn't matter what you say as Tavia (besides the you might find ppl you know line) it just matters what you did?

    ...

    >=)

    not from the 5 playthrough I did. I REALLY want to find a way to have Bonnie decline your offer though. That way, I can have a playthrough where Tavia leaves with no one. Besides, I find Bonnie to be the most useless of the group, so it would be dumb if she's mandatory.
  • edited July 2013
    Can we conclude that Nate is bat guano crazy?
  • edited July 2013
    They explain that Vernon's dead in Shel's chapter, at least in my playthrough. One of his partners, Boyd, says that he died when they were on Kenny's boat, after they stole it
This discussion has been closed.