User Avatar Image

Walking Dead Crashes

posted by lucavee99 on - last edited - Viewed by 7.6K users
I just bought The Walking Dead on Steam. I immediately downloaded and played it, only to be greeted by "WalkingDead.exe has stopped working", like so many other players. I spent hours trying every fix available, but nothing has worked. My computer specs are fine for playing it. When will a patch be released for this problem that so many are affected by?! If no patch is released, will we get refunds on this broken, unplayable game?
33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator
    I can try to help you get it working.

Please follow the instructions to run the Support Tool and attach the resulting "support_data_pc.zip" to your next reply in this thread.
  • DjNDB;816830 said:

Please follow the instructions to run the Support Tool and attach the resulting "support_data_pc.zip" to your next reply in this thread.
    Where would the "support_data_pc.zip" be after I ran the support tool?
  • Also, its giving me an "invalid XML content" message.
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator
    lucavee99;816847 said:
    Where would the "support_data_pc.zip" be after I ran the support tool?
    In the same folder you unzipped the the create_support_data.bat to.
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator
    lucavee99;816851 said:
    Also, its giving me an "invalid XML content" message.
    That's odd.
    Can you please copy the entire text it shows, or post a screenshot?
  • DjNDB;816830 said:

I'm having a similar problem to lucavee99 but I don't get any "WalkingDead.exe has stopped working" window, it just doesn't start for me. I installed DirectX from the game's folder but that did nothing to help. I hope this is the last problem I have with this game but a look at the forum tells me otherwise.
  • I do not have the file that you said I would. after running the program, I have 3 new things in the folder that I unzipped it too. data.txt, dxdiag64.txt and events.txt. Is that what you need?
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator
    lucavee99;816967 said:
    I do not have the file that you said I would. after running the program, I have 3 new things in the folder that I unzipped it too. data.txt, dxdiag64.txt and events.txt. Is that what you need?
    Yes. These 3 files are zipped automatically. Did you press enter at the end of the support tool run?
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator
    namohcan;816927 said:
    I'm having a similar problem to lucavee99 but I don't get any "WalkingDead.exe has stopped working" window, it just doesn't start for me. I installed DirectX from the game's folder but that did nothing to help. I hope this is the last problem I have with this game but a look at the forum tells me otherwise.
    Your crashes are caused by an incompatibility with Windows 8. Unplugging your Xbox controller should help.

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics
    Dedicated Memory: 32 MB
    It is possible though that the game still won't work, because Intel graphics chips are not recommended and they don't work well with TTG's games.
This discussion has been closed.