What will you do if Telltale kills off Clem?

Like, they kill Clem off in one of the episodes of Season 2? What then?
«1

Comments

  • edited July 2013
    Like, they kill Clem off in one of the episodes of Season 2? What then?

    Do what Steven Yeun did . Write angry letters .
  • edited July 2013
    I would jump up and down yelling "YESYESYES SHE FINALLY DIED" then throw a party with all my friends and family, Bioshock Infinite WD is also invited.
  • edited July 2013
    I would jump up and down yelling "YESYESYES SHE FINALLY DIED" then throw a party with all my friends and family, Bioshock Infinite WD is also invited.

    Bioshock would refuse because i know much better .
  • edited July 2013
    Bioshock would refuse because i know much better .

    Lol I know. But I tried.
  • edited July 2013
    Well, if Clementine died, I'd post a thread with this:
  • edited July 2013
    I'd think to myself "Well, that was a poor business decision." When you have a character that fans care that much about, you don't kill her. You put her into terrible situations and make her feel miserable. You prolong the suffering, you don't end it. That would be too merciful.
  • edited July 2013
    Crucial characters die sometimes. I've seen it happen a lot of times, especially in comics. I'll get pretty sad but eventually I'll get over it.
  • edited July 2013
    I would jump up and down yelling "YESYESYES SHE FINALLY DIED" then throw a party with all my friends and family, Bioshock Infinite WD is also invited.

    Can I join? I don't want to celebrate such a... [is careful not to make pedophilia jokes anymore after getting banned for sexual discussion regarding a nine year old character] anyone's death, but I like parities :(.
  • edited July 2013
    I'd think to myself "Well, that was a poor business decision." When you have a character that fans care that much about, you don't kill her. You put her into terrible situations and make her feel miserable. You prolong the suffering, you don't end it. That would be too merciful.

    I think Clem suffered enough in season 1 . I think it's time that Telltale should give her a break and put the 400 days character and the new characters in season 2 into terrible and suffering situations .
  • edited July 2013
    CaveRave wrote: »
    Can I join? I don't want to celebrate such a... [is careful not to make pedophilia jokes anymore after getting banned for sexual discussion regarding a nine year old character] anyone's death, but I like parities :(.

    Of course you can join. Bros 4 life
  • edited July 2013
    I think Clem suffered enough in season 1 . I think it's time that Telltale should give her a break and put the 400 days character and the new characters in season 2 into terrible and suffering situations .

    There's no such thing as too much suffering. I can think of plenty more new ways for her to suffer (having someone betray her, blaming herself for Lee's death, meeting Nate) I mean sure, they'll give her a break for a little while. Show her smiling, playing, finding a new parental figures. Then they'll take it all away. Slowly.

    Because that's what they do.
  • edited July 2013
    I chose the 3rd option, I'd probably be sadder than when Lee died. But it's inevitable as long as Telltale continues including Clem in their game.
  • edited July 2013
    If they do decide to kill of Clem, they have to make the scene very emotional and powerful.
  • edited July 2013
    There's no such thing as too much suffering. I can think of plenty more new ways for her to suffer (having someone betray her, blaming herself for Lee's death, meeting Nate) I mean sure, they'll give her a break for a little while. Show her smiling, playing, finding a new parental figures. Then they'll take it all away. Slowly.

    Because that's what they do.

    I think she blamed herself for Lee's death in the jewerly store . Are you suggesting that Clem should suffer for eternity and she should become a emotionless vessel and stop caring about Lee , her parents and humanity and forget about them completely ?
  • edited July 2013
    They won't.
  • edited July 2013
    I think she blamed herself for Lee's death in the jewerly store . Are you suggesting that Clem should suffer for eternity and she should become a emotionless vessel and stop caring about Lee , her parents and humanity and forget about them completely ?

    Yes and no. She can't suffer for eternity AND be an emotionless vessel that doesn't care about anyone.

    There are 3 kinds of people in the Walking Dead: people who suffer, emotionless jerkasses, and the dead. As long as she lives in Walking Dead and cares about people (one of the reasons why we love her), Clem has to suffer. It's pretty much the rule of the Walking Dead.

    And she did show hints of blaming herself before but I want a full-on emotional breakdown that someone (perhaps the new player character) needs to talk her out of.
  • edited July 2013
    If Clementine dies? If Clementine dies? If Clementine f*cking dies?! I'm gonna, I'm gonna kill someone! Also Goddammit Ben! Goddammit Telltale don't do dis please!
  • edited July 2013
    If Clementine dies? If Clementine dies? If Clementine f*cking dies?! I'm gonna, I'm gonna kill someone! Also Goddammit Ben! Goddammit Telltale don't do dis please!

    If she dies i'm going to kill someone,
    and that someone will be my feels.
  • edited July 2013
    Yes and no. She can't suffer for eternity AND be an emotionless vessel that doesn't care about anyone.

    There are 3 kinds of people in the Walking Dead: people who suffer, emotionless jerkasses, and the dead. As long as she lives in Walking Dead and cares about people (one of the reasons why we love her), Clem has to suffer. It's pretty much the rule of the Walking Dead.

    That rule only applies so long as the world remains overrun by the dead. For all we know, the zombie apocalypse could stop as suddenly as it began. (I suspect that's exactly how Kirkman will end the series when he gets around to it.) How will all the realist gung-ho survival assholes justify themselves while standing on top of a pile of people they raped/murdered because "they had to?"

    That being said, I'd rather see Clementine meet a merciful end than see her deteriorate into another desensitized monster. But I won't accept either option, not if I can help it. This is supposed to be a video game, after all!
  • edited July 2013
    Cry, and then buy the next episode.

    The Walking Dead is supposed to make you sad. It's supposed to make you think about humanity, and what we are capable of, where our morals lie when society falls apart.

    Clementine is not The Walking Dead. It can continue without her, just as it will continue without Lee.
  • edited July 2013
    07JonesJ wrote: »
    Cry, and then buy the next episode.

    The Walking Dead is supposed to make you sad. It's supposed to make you think about humanity, and what we are capable of, where our morals lie when society falls apart.

    Clementine is not The Walking Dead. It can continue without her, just as it will continue without Lee.

    Couldn't have said it better myself. Very well done!
  • edited July 2013
    07JonesJ wrote: »
    Clementine is not The Walking Dead. It can continue without her, just as it will continue without Lee.

    As soon as Kirkman kills off Rick, you'll probably have a point. But he hasn't yet. Rick represents the comic book incarnation of WD, just as Clementine represents the video game incarnation of WD. As much as shows like GAME OF THRONES love to slaughter beloved characters for emotional shock value, putting Clem or Rick down for good would need considerable care and planning. If it's misery purely for the sake of misery, the player/reader will be able to tell.
  • edited July 2013
    As soon as Kirkman kills off Rick, you'll probably have a point. But he hasn't yet. Rick represents the comic book incarnation of WD, just as Clementine represents the video game incarnation of WD. As much as shows like GAME OF THRONES love to slaughter beloved characters for emotional shock value, putting Clem or Rick down for good would need considerable care and planning. If it's misery purely for the sake of misery, the player/reader will be able to tell.
    That's one reason I like the game more than the series (don't read the comics), actually. Rick is pretty much invincible until the series finale.

    I never felt like there was a character like that in Telltale's game. I would like that feeling to continue.

    That doesn't mean they have to kill Clementine, but it does mean that I wouldn't like her to present in every season if this game goes on for 3-4+.
  • edited July 2013
    Where leave the dump plane? Nobody hurts Clementine.
    IMG_20130211_203154_zpsb737359c.jpg
  • edited July 2013
    07JonesJ wrote: »
    That doesn't mean they have to kill Clementine, but it does mean that I wouldn't like her to present in every season if this game goes on for 3-4+.

    I disagree. Whenever Clementine is not on screen everyone should be asking "Where's Clementine?"

    She should also be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine.
  • edited July 2013
    You might as well be asking "What will you do if Kirkman kills off Carl?"

    Both Clem and Carl are, in a sense, the "future" of TWD. In my opinion, the game resonates from Clem's character, and the comics and TV show resonate from Carl's character. Kirkman is never going to kill off Carl, but he WILL continue to put him into endless horrific situations, which I think Clem will have to go through.
  • edited July 2013
    07JonesJ wrote: »
    That doesn't mean they have to kill Clementine, but it does mean that I wouldn't like her to present in every season if this game goes on for 3-4+.

    Well, I think the pattern Telltale is trying to lay down is for the player to assume the roles of different figures who come in and out of Clem's life, each in their own way influencing the adult she eventually becomes by the end of the series - assuming she lives to see the end of the series, of course.

    But I do agree Clem shouldn't necessarily appear in every episode. 400 DAYS proved it can be done, after all. I've always thought Clem's fate at the hill (and the identities of the silhouettes she sees) could remain a mystery to tug players along season 2, at least until episode 9 or 10.
  • edited July 2013
    I would be even more sad then we Lee died, I would not be happy, but I would not hate Telltale for it, I would get over it after sometime, and I would still buy the next season. PS, I respectfully decline that party invite Cany, I would be to busy throwing the Remember Clementine party, were we would remember all those good happy moments with her.
  • edited July 2013
    I would be even more sad then we Lee died, I would not be happy, but I would not hate Telltale for it, I would get over it after sometime, and I would still buy the next season. PS, I respectfully decline that party invite Cany, I would be to busy throwing the Remember Clementine party, were we would remember all those good happy moments with her.

    It's OK, I have CaveRave.
  • edited July 2013
    07JonesJ wrote: »
    That's one reason I like the game more than the series (don't read the comics), actually. Rick is pretty much invincible until the series finale.

    I never felt like there was a character like that in Telltale's game. I would like that feeling to continue.

    That doesn't mean they have to kill Clementine, but it does mean that I wouldn't like her to present in every season if this game goes on for 3-4+.
    Rick isn't invincible he just has better survival skills than the characters in the game. Have you seen Rick? Louds of stuff have happened to him. He had his hand chopped on during the 3rd or 4th story arc and has been shot a few story arcs later. The reason Rick has survived these ordeals is because he has been in communities and groups that had medical equipment and qualified doctors to take care of him and because of the pacing of the comics he has had ample time to recuperate and rest up. If anyone was invincible I would say it's Clementine the only physical harm she has come to in 3 months was when she cut her finger in Lee's parents office. She doesn't have as much of a scratch or a broken nail. Carl on the other hand has been shot in his shoulder blade, nearly gang raped and shot in his face and he has been in a group. Clementine runs of twice in Savannah on her own when there are zombies around every corner and no harm comes to her. Telltale would never kill of Clementine they won't even allow her to come to physical harm. In that regard the game is pretty tame compared to the comics.
  • edited July 2013
    i would either A. take it to the streets. or B. slowly die in side until i die of depression. or the least likely C. because so depressed my cells mutate into a zombie virus and unintentionally start the zombie apocalypse.
  • edited July 2013
    07JonesJ wrote: »
    Cry, and then buy the next episode.

    The Walking Dead is supposed to make you sad. It's supposed to make you think about humanity, and what we are capable of, where our morals lie when society falls apart.

    Clementine is not The Walking Dead. It can continue without her, just as it will continue without Lee.

    Completely agree with this. Clementine is a well written, believable character and is a nice change from all the other characters in the Walking Dead universe, since Carl has lost all innocence and Sophia and other kids just aren't as well developed as Clementine and Carl.

    However if someone isn't going to play this game because Clementine, one character, is no longer in it then they can't have been big fans in the first place (I remember someone making a similar point here before). Telltale know what they are doing and when the time comes, they will either kill her off (and make it as emotional and sad as possible) or just end her story. But in this universe, she isn't going to get a happy ending. However I think the game can still be as fantastic without her, she is one character and this game had great moments where Clementine wasn't involved just as much as the moments she had a big role in.
  • edited July 2013
    By the way I don't think Telltale will kill her off anytime soon (I'd be surprised), but I imagine that they might if they continue her story into Season 3, etc...

    Like with Daryl and the TV show, Telltale would be too scared of the backlash right now.
  • edited July 2013
    ZacTB wrote: »
    Telltale know what they are doing and when the time comes, they will either kill her off (and make it as emotional and sad as possible) or just end her story. But in this universe, she isn't going to get a happy ending.

    Okay, call me a naive idiot, but...why not? Why should Clem's story end on a terrible note? Because gloom and pessimism is considered stylish now? This is nothing new. 1970's pop culture went through the same phase, and things ultimately turned out for the better. The mood of our world goes through ups and downs, that's just the way it is. As I said, the zombie apocalypse in the WD universe could end just as abruptly and mysteriously as it began. Why can't Clem be allowed to survive beyond that point?
  • edited July 2013
    As soon as Kirkman kills off Rick, you'll probably have a point. But he hasn't yet. Rick represents the comic book incarnation of WD, just as Clementine represents the video game incarnation of WD. As much as shows like GAME OF THRONES love to slaughter beloved characters for emotional shock value, putting Clem or Rick down for good would need considerable care and planning. If it's misery purely for the sake of misery, the player/reader will be able to tell.
    I would say that the walking dead is Rick's story. It is seen from his perspective and we are introduced to that world through Rick when he awakes from his comma but I don't think the comic makes Rick come over invincible like other comic protagonists. I think because of the way it is paced it is believable that he can survive as long as he has. In the game they are threatened every day so they are killed of quick but in the comics they have weeks at a time of peace. Rick lives but we see the effects loosing loved ones has on him and his character development and his physical suffering.

    I loved the game but the people don't seem as real to me as the characters in the comics. Some of the shit Clementine gets away would never fly in the comics like her dragging Lee into the jewellry store with all those walkers around her and her wandering of in the zombie filled streets without any problems when Lee meets Molly and when she goes to the Marsh house. I know a lot of people believe the man picked her up from the manor and took her there but that was never proven and he had been telling her all along to come to him "if Lee wants her to or not" when he spoke on the radio which is why I believe she ran off to meet him at the hotel. Even the mad guy that held Clem captive didn't harm her when she put up resistance and tried to escape. If it were the comics she would have had bruises by the time Lee found her. Not because the guy was a pedo (which would have been a darker and more walking dead esque plot) but because she would have been trying to get away to get back to Lee.
  • edited July 2013
    Okay, call me a naive idiot, but...why not? Why should Clem's story end on a terrible note? Because gloom and pessimism is considered stylish now? This is nothing new. 1970's pop culture went through the same phase, and things ultimately turned out for the better. The mood of our world goes through ups and downs, that's just the way it is. As I said, the zombie apocalypse in the WD universe could end just as abruptly and mysteriously as it began. Why can't Clem be allowed to survive beyond that point?

    As soon as Kirkman decides for the apocalypse to end and things to go back to normal, then sure good point. But right now, things aren't looking too great for the universe and even if Clementine finds a nice group with loads of supplies and good defences, it's not assured that it will stay perfect forever. It's The Walking Dead and it's just how things are, can you really imagine Clementine living a long happy life and eventually dying of old age surrounded by her family?

    It's unfortunate that such a great character was created in a tragic, depressing (but brilliant) universe.
  • edited July 2013
    Okay, call me a naive idiot, but...why not? Why should Clem's story end on a terrible note? Because gloom and pessimism is considered stylish now? This is nothing new. 1970's pop culture went through the same phase, and things ultimately turned out for the better. The mood of our world goes through ups and downs, that's just the way it is. As I said, the zombie apocalypse in the WD universe could end just as abruptly and mysteriously as it began. Why can't Clem be allowed to survive beyond that point?

    The Walking Dead apocalypse isn't written to end. That's why they never make clear what the cause of the infection is. Because it doesn't matter. With almost any other zombie apocalypse, there's a chance that the infected can be wiped out and life can return to normal again. Not so with the Walking Dead. The basic premise of it is: everyone is infected, now what? This includes Clementine, I might add. Even if society rebuilds, they will always have to deal with the threat of death around every corner (title drop!).

    Of course, this does not mean that Clementine's story should end on a complete downer note. But it can't end with gumdrops and rainbows either. They have to stay true to the tone of the source material. The only way it should end is on a hopeful but bittersweet note, tinged with uncertainty because that's the most that you can ask for in this universe.
  • edited July 2013
    loop hole wrote: »
    Rick isn't invincible he just has better survival skills than the characters in the game. Have you seen Rick? Louds of stuff have happened to him. He had his hand chopped on during the 3rd or 4th story arc and has been shot a few story arcs later. The reason Rick has survived these ordeals is because he has been in communities and groups that had medical equipment and qualified doctors to take care of him and because of the pacing of the comics he has had ample time to recuperate and rest up. If anyone was invincible I would say it's Clementine the only physical harm she has come to in 3 months was when she cut her finger in Lee's parents office. She doesn't have as much of a scratch or a broken nail. Carl on the other hand has been shot in his shoulder blade, nearly gang raped and shot in his face and he has been in a group. Clementine runs of twice in Savannah on her own when there are zombies around every corner and no harm comes to her. Telltale would never kill of Clementine they won't even allow her to come to physical harm. In that regard the game is pretty tame compared to the comics.

    Well,that is mainly because we have Kirkman writing the comics,I don't think he gives a rats a** about what happens to most of his characters,and that is clearly evident,though I am sure Telltale could do the same,but I would rather she survives for a lot longer,and I would be pretty sad,I probably wouldn't cry,but I would be pretty depressed for a while.
  • edited July 2013
    Doubtful that's gonna happen. But if it does, my reaction would very much depend on the death. If it's as random and unnecessary as Carley's was, I'd rage. A lot. But that's even more unlikely.
  • edited July 2013
    What if Clem lives or dies based on your decisions in Season 1? If she dies because I told her to stay away from cities, or because I stole the supplies from the station wagon... I think that would be a lot more moving because it was my decisions that caused it.
This discussion has been closed.