User Avatar Image

Season bundle for the wii

posted by matan on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users
I'm really excited about the episodic format you guys are finally getting right with Sam&Max, but I also like to have a box to put on my shelf when the season is over. I thing the deal you made in Sam&Max, with the season subscription, is superb, and it was the thing that finally removed all questions for me on whether to subscribe to the season or buy the whole bundle when it's over.

Now, I'm not really sure how wiiware works, but - will you be offering a similar deal for the wii?
36 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah, will there be a subscription option? I hope there is one, would make the episodic series more appealing.
  • No season subscription on WiiWare, but we will offer a season bundle for the PC version.

To answer your other question about whether there will be a free disc -- it's something we're still talking about. Whatever we decide will be addressed in a future announcement. :)
  • Too bad... now I'm in a real dilemma on which version to play... any help guys? Could you say what the differences would be between the PC and the wiiware versions? Specifically - which one will be better?

It's funny, but I'm almost hoping you would NOT offer the free disc with the PC subscription, just so that I could choose the wii version without second thoughts :)
  • It's funny, but I'm almost hoping you would NOT offer the free disc with the PC subscription, just so that I could choose the wii version without second thoughts
    Hear hear, I need to stop playing these games on my crappy, slow computer and get some incentive to buy a Wii. Otherwise I'll forever feel alienated from my Wii playing friends.
    ...I'm only half serious, though. Free stuff is always a plus! xD
  • User Avatar Image
    Kevin Telltale Staff BANNED
    matan;61862 said:
    which one will be better?
    That's like trying to pick a favorite child!
  • Which costs more- the PC or Wii version? Is buying the individual episodes via Wii Ware more expensive than getting the season on PC?
  • We haven't announced any pricing details yet, sorry.
  • I'm somewhat torn as well over which version to buy. It seems like the Wii version is going to have some cool features, but I love the idea of having the disc. It would be great if those who purchase all the games on the Wii could somehow get a disc for PC or even a Wii disc for free.

Knowing that the Wii purchases are only for the console they're purchased on, if something ever happens to my Wii, I lose all the content I purchase. This is a big reason why I haven't purchased anything from the Wii Channel yet. If TTG can do something to hedge that concern, I wouldn't hesitate on which version to purchase.
  • Quadriflax;62026 said:
    Knowing that the Wii purchases are only for the console they're purchased on, if something ever happens to my Wii, I lose all the content I purchase. This is a big reason why I haven't purchased anything from the Wii Channel yet. If TTG can do something to hedge that concern, I wouldn't hesitate on which version to purchase.
    I agree.

Still, what I hope TellTale do is keep them the same as possible (content, release date, price) and let people have an honest choice about which platform to buy them from.
  • I'm hoping that the PC version will have high res screen modes like season 2 of sam n max (and widescreen)
Add Comment