User Avatar Image

Did you read the Fables comics?

posted by The Law on - last edited - Viewed by 6.2K users
Do you read the Fables Comics?
49 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Started reading volume 1 the other day, it's getting me super pumped for the game. I'm glad they are making it a prequel, that makes it way easier to get into.

• I haven't read the comics and to me it seems that they did succesfully what Grimm and Once Upon a Time are now trying to do on TV, although Fables seems to be directed for more mature audience than those TV-shows. I ended up pre-ordering the game without knowing the series, because I enjoy other TTG adventures and Vertigo comics (I really like Hellblazer, The Books of Magic and The Sandman). Hopefully I end up enjoying Fables (both game and comics) as much as I did enjoy those other titles.

• In reply to Olaus Petrus

I haven't read the comics and to me it seems that they did succesfully what Grimm and Once Upon a Time are now trying to do on TV, although Fables seems to be directed for more mature audience than those TV-shows. link

I should state that there debates about a Fables TV show but that was replaced by Once Upon a Time. This led to a long community issue saying that Once Upon A Time stole their ideas from Fables.

• Except for the basic premise they are not really the same. There was also an old tv show called the Charmings that had fairytale characters living in modern day. Ive always found that concept and fractured fairy tales fascinating. The Disney versions have nothing on the real thing as far as being horrifying.

• I am caught up to them, they're awesome.

If it hadn't been for this game, I'd never found out they existed.

• I am glad more people are discovering this great comic. Shows they are not just for kids or for guys lol

• No but should I? Isn't the game a prequel to the comics? I preordered because I love TTG's adventures and I know that I won't be disappointed.
    Also I love Once upon a time and the premise is the same.

• In reply to Masta23

No but should I? Isn't the game a prequel to the comics? I preordered because I love TTG's adventures and I know that I won't be disappointed. Also I love Once upon a time and the premise is the same. link

Yea it's a prequel.

• In reply to Masta23

No but should I? Isn't the game a prequel to the comics? I preordered because I love TTG's adventures and I know that I won't be disappointed. Also I love Once upon a time and the premise is the same. link

I agree, I never really heard of the Fables Series till I saw this game. I am drawn to it mostly based on the previews that it is a Mature Noirish Story set in a fairy tale universe. There was a game a few years ago called "Emerald City Conidential" which was a "Teen Friendly" Noir Story set in the Land of OZ, which this reminded me of. Last real Noirish Game I played before that was the Tex Murphy Series. Good Story is what i look for, so lets see if a total Newbie to the Universe can understand it. Time will tell

Add Comment