User Avatar Image

Doctor Who and the Forum Invasion

posted by Ribs on - last edited - Viewed by 11.7K users
[center]image[/center]
Here's a new thread to discuss the continuing adventures of Doctor Who (presently played by Peter Capaldi) and his companion Clara (presently played by Jenna Coleman).

Here's a wiki page.
Here's a wiki.
Here's what's canon.

And here's The Kandyman and Alpha Centauri:
[center]image[/center]

Are we good? We're good.
132 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I thought they were still in the time-stream... place, so these could be the "real" versions (or echos of them or whatever). I mean, if the Hurt doctor is interacting with the Eleventh from across time in any manner, there's no reason why the interaction with the Tenth (and Rose) wouldn't be of the same nature. If they can make Tennant and Piper up to pass for their 2006 selves, there'd be no reason why they couldn't just meet them between episodes of that season. They are time travelers, after all.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they do pull Rose and the Meta-doctor out of the alternate universe for this. I'll be a bit disappointed if they do. I'd rather they keep that alternate universe closed off for a while longer... just because that'd be a great plot point to save for a much later iteration of the show, say a decade from now, when they can do some crazy Wrath-of-Khan stuff with the Meta-doctor played by a visibly older Tennant.

• So this forum posts twice when you post a spoiler? WITHOUT THE SPOILER Tag? Wow. Lets make this post different then! Erm...

Ten seems to have become Justin Beiber.

Oh and the spoiler below is pretty common knowledge. I think the beeb even announced the villains.

• In reply to Friar

I think it will be proper ten and rose. Afterall, wasn't tens Tardis in the comicon trailer? I remember reading it was. link

it's looking more likey that the Zygons will be shown briefly and the main story will revolve around 'The Last Great Time War'.

• In reply to the_herbalist

it's looking more likey that the Zygons will be shown briefly and the main story will revolve around 'The Last Great Time War'. link

Well, if you - like me - thought "An Unearthly Child" was a dull choice for a single repeat story, good news - it could be going for a burton

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2013/09/day-of-the-doctor-poster-100914000008.html

Incidentally, David Quantick's "Bluffer's Guide" is usually quite amusing

(Must be about the twentieth attempt at posting, dagnabbit)

• I'm honestly shocked they didn't just "borrow" the title of a classic series story, given that they've been "borrowing" from the classic series through most of the back half of season 7.

• In reply to Gibbeynator

I'm honestly shocked they didn't just "borrow" the title of a classic series story, given that they've been "borrowing" from the classic series through most of the back half of season 7. link

I think they did borrow the name. "The Day of the Daleks" was a Pertwee story.

• For those of you who can watch "Watch"...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a515215/doctor-who-bbc-america-documentary-series-to-air-on-watch-in-the-uk.html

(and if you head any rumours about Tom Baker filming for "Doctor Who" today... apparently it wasn't for "Doctor Who", and it wasn't Tom Baker either)

• This needs to be posted. Now with Animation!

• It appears to have come out who's playing the first three Doctors in Big Finish's anniversary story -

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=211450&page=2

There's also news about a dull-sounding computer game out there, too

Add Comment