18 Comments
  • User Avatar Image
    Blind Sniper Moderator

Great find! That sounds like a pretty valid direction for the story to go.

• Nice theory but unfortunately can't be the case because the same thing happens to snowwhite, who was not wearing a ribbon.

• That's the interesting part, it was Holly's sister a prostitute. And the prostitutes also had the ribbon. So this theory is more than interesting and fitting.

• User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED

If only the ribbon in TWAU was yellow, this could be almost surely confirmed.

Regardless, I don't think that the whole ribbon stuffing into the beheaded girl's mouth was done just for a little easter egg reference.

• Nice! I do recall that story, but I don't believe that Faith is supposed to be both that character and Donkeyskin Girl. It may have been some inspiration to the plot though! I couldn't help but wonder if perhaps the ribbon was just a prized possession or even one from childhood representing lost innocence?

• @dubesor That's true but I still can't help but think that there's something more to the ribbon because the two stories share so many similarities.

@Profanity In the version of the story I read, the ribbon was green but I don't think the color of the ribbon matters much anyway.

@Rip I have never even heard of the Donkeyskin Girl before this game. I guess she can't be both characters but maybe the ribbon story did inspire the plot a little, like you said.

• I am most certain it is. The same girl, although they could be different people but the girl with the ribbon is the head on the floor without doubt IMO. If ou forget about Snow White, also notice I this is the same girl from legend, she's lost her head once and survived if she's a living fable. The other thing I noticed is the ribbon is in her mouth, I'm wondering if she planned on killing herself or faking her own death hence the I'm sorry letter to her husband. Just some hair brained conspiracy theries.

• I am most certain it is. The same girl, although they could be different people but the girl with the ribbon is the head on the floor without doubt IMO. If ou forget about Snow White, also notice I this is the same girl from legend, she's lost her head once and survived if she's a living fable. The other thing I noticed is the ribbon is in her mouth, I'm wondering if she planned on killing herself or faking her own death hence the I'm sorry letter to her husband. Just some hair brained conspiracy theries.

Add Comment