User Avatar Image

Is production for SBCG4AP holding up SB e-mails?

posted by burninator17 on - last edited - Viewed by 819 users
I noticed that there hasn't been a new e-mail in a couple weeks. Do you think SBCG4AP has anything to do with that?
22 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It seems inevitable. What with the interviews and other PR, the regular communication with Telltale on design and writing, and the voice acting, sbcg4ap probably uses up quite a bit of the brothers' time and energy. Matt noted in an interview that the first two episodes add up to as much dialog as two years worth of the site! So it's understandable if they're taking it a bit slower with the site updates.
  • on the other hand...they released some new shorts since production of the game started.
  • I guess they're all Strong Bad'd out, since he's the main character of the game. Well, there will be enough ingame e-mails to make up for all the missed updates.

Also, e-mail 200 is coming up and they always procrastinate on e-mail milestones.
  • Kayube;71859 said:
    procrastinate
    well, that's a nice word...i have to remember that.
    anyway, you may be onto something with the 200th email idea. the current email is 195, right? so there are five more to go to the big 200 and the fact, that they have been doing non-strong-bad shorts, may be a hint that there will be cartoons accompanying every episode of sbcg4ap and sbemail 200 will form the great finale to the season...or something. of course that's just an idea...
  • it seems like that might be the case.
  • burninator17;71730 said:
    Is production for SBCG4AP holding up SB e-mails? Reply to Thread
    More than likely. These games have a lot of dialog. Have you ever just sat around all day talking to everybody and looking at everything you can in Sam and Max or any adventure game? The brother's Chaps are doing the voices and helping with editing the script etc, and there's no way they're saving the recording time for each episode between each episode release. After they've got the script done and spoken, they may have a little more time for they're precious website and it's numerous fans.

And I wouldn't be surprised if the last 5 sbemails would be presented in game, with a dialog tree to decide what to write to this sap who can't spell or use the shift key at the right time. Then later they'd be put on the homestarrunner site as a flash video with TBC's favourite dialog choices. That would be cool, especially if they're planning to keep the sbemails real with the changing locations/flashbacks and little pop ups of candy bars or posters or whatnot, presented in all 3 of the glorious Ds.
  • wisp;71866 said:
    well, that's a nice word...i have to remember that.
    anyway, you may be onto something with the 200th email idea. the current email is 195, right? so there are five more to go to the big 200 and the fact, that they have been doing non-strong-bad shorts, may be a hint that there will be cartoons accompanying every episode of sbcg4ap and sbemail 200 will form the great finale to the season...or something. of course that's just an idea...
    Nope, on the main page of hometarrunner.com says there is a sbemail soon.
    ( also see hrwiki.org for more details)
  • From the wiki it looks like announcements like that usually produced an e-mail within the same, or next day. So hopefully we'll get some kinda Strong Bad goodness today after all.
  • In case you haven't noticed, a DVD is due out about now. Actually it was probably due last month. The Chaps are probably working on the commentary. Things are always slow around the site when a DVD is about to come out.
Add Comment