User Avatar Image

Microsoft announces South Park game for XBLA. Could it be? [Nope :)]

posted by Harald B on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users
At E3, Microsoft announced a South Park game for XBLA - without mentioning the developer. Here's a (somewhat lame) teaser trailer. Could this be the "mystery franchise" we've been speculating about?
With no gameplay images and no additional information it's hard to tell, but it would certainly fit like a glove. It's as huge as implied, it would explain the secrecy and the license would fit Telltale well. Also, XBLA suits episodic (no confirmation yet on this one being episodic, though) and we know Telltale doesn't like to be bound to any single distribution platform.
It's still speculation, but it's easily the most plausible theory so far.
48 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Tester Scott;72833 said:
    I don't think strong colors makes something a kiddy game.
    neither do i, but society does. a lot of games that are considered adult are greyish gears of war, resident evil, the new gta. where games considered childish are often more colourful. its often the same with films and tv.
    Haven't you heard? Real life is brown. At least that's what I've learned from recent video games with "realistic", high-def graphics.
  • Aye. Vibrancy does not mean childish. There are some games that benefit from muted colors, (Survival Horror titles, games set in a dystopia, etc.) but most recent titles could definitely use an injection of hues.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    eg: lol
  • ^ Heh, that came to my mind too. People are never satisfied.
  • Now if they ever make a bright, colorful Shadowrun game I'll eat my hat!

Actually, no I won't. I don't have a hat, and I'd just be thrilled that they made another Shadowrun game. No, I don't count that multiplayer train wreck, either.
    Team Fortress 2

>.>
  • I love the Diablo III art. Some of the screenshots almost look like paintings.
  • I never played the Diablo games, but I thought I check out what the fuss was about and the screenshots look great. I don't see what they'd want done to them.
  • don't you see all the bright colours, the kittens and bunnies? damn, it's just so childish. i bet if you defeat enemies they don't die but just vanish in a fountain of red...kiddy stuff. also the name...diablo...that sounds like directly from a lame saturday morning cartoon.:rolleyes:

:D
Add Comment