User Avatar Image

Mac: 400 Days and Season 2 saving problem?

posted by Uhhhhlayna on - Viewed by 901 users

Hello, I'm trying to play 400 Days and then start Season 2, however, the game says that I haven't played past episode 2, even though I've already finished all 5 episodes of the first season. I'm running the same system I was for the first season and haven't changed anything on my computer. Is there anything I can do besides play through the entire game again?

17 Comments
  • Annnnnd then Season One crashed and when I reopened it, it told me all episodes past episode one are "coming soon." What the heck.

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

Please follow the instructions to run the TWD Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWD_support_data_pc.zip" or "TWD_support_data_mac.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

• Thank you so much! I ended up having to search my mac because the data.zip didn't appear in the support_tool folder!

https://www.mediafire.com/?916gar1oqtm07xn

• User Avatar Image
        DjNDB Moderator

Please rename the prefs.prop in
        ~/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/TheWalkingDead/
        to prefs.prop.bak to deactivate it.

Then move the prefs.prop from
        /Applications/TheWalkingDead.app/Contents/Resources/Pack/default
        to

You can navigate to each folder by starting Finder, and selecting "Go/Go to Folder..." from the menu or pressing CMD-SHIFT-G, and pasting the path into it.

• When I get to application support there is no Telltale games folder. I'm confused as to why though, as you've helped me before and I used the support tool and uploaded the results before with no trouble. I haven't made any system wide changes to my computer, so I don't understand why it isn't working this time. Thanks again for helping!

Edited to add a link to screenshot: https://www.mediafire.com/?aokn7rxs1afvvqu

• User Avatar Image
            DjNDB Moderator

That's the wrong folder. You left out the ~/ at the beginning.

• Whew! I did it. I looked at the files for Walking Dead 2 and the prefs.prop there are executable files, but the ones for Walking Dead are documents. Does that matter?
              Screen shot of prefs.prop document: https://www.mediafire.com/?n2m9yuoy8gtdahf

New support data: https://www.mediafire.com/?916gar1oqtm07xn

• User Avatar Image
                DjNDB Moderator

Looks alright. You should test what the game shows.

• The same. That' I haven't played past Episode One. Additionally, it also doesn't show that I've finished 400 Days which I played the night of my original post. :(

• User Avatar Image
                    DjNDB Moderator

I am sorry to hear that. The crash must have corrupted the original prefs.prop in the savegame folder, and without that there is no way of reconstructing a consistent set of savegames. I was hoping the one you copied would be far enough, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

EDIT
                    Oh wait, I just saw something....

-rw-r--r--@ 1 alaynakirk staff 144K Jan 4 17:49 /Users/alaynakirk/.Trash/prefs.prop

There's a very big prefs.prop in the trash, that could work, among others. You can try putting that into
                    /Users/alaynakirk/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/TheWalkingDead
                    but you have to rename the one that's already there first of course.

• Oh. That's the same one that's in there. I wasn't sure I copied it correctly, so I cut that one and re-copied it to the new location again.

• What if I uninstalled and re-downloaded it? Could that fix everything once I started the game over?

• User Avatar Image
                        DjNDB Moderator

If you want to start over properly, all you need to do is delete the contents of the savegame folder. I would keep the SyncFS folder though, because it contains the installed episodes.

• How would I do that? Do you think that would fix the saving problem?

• User Avatar Image
                            DjNDB Moderator

The save files are lost either way.

You can navigate to the savegame folder by starting Finder, and selecting "Go/Go to Folder..." from the menu or pressing CMD-SHIFT-G, and pasting the path below into it.

Then delete all files in that folder except the syncfs folder and it's contents.

This discussion has been closed.