User Avatar Image

False Error Message

posted by supergamequeen on - Viewed by 378 users

I downloaded the first season of The Walking Dead for Windows PC and I get the following message.

Could not initialize Direct3D.
Make sure you have current video drivers and
close any other applications that might be running.
You will need a video card that supports at least pixel shader version 1.2.

I more than meet the minimum requirements with my PC. My video card supports pixel shader version 5 and it's up-to-date. No other programs are running when I start the game. I shouldn't be getting this error under any circumstances. If you guys can't fix thi,s I'll have to demand that I get a free copy of the season pass for the PS3 or the XBOX 360. I don't care which. I checked to make sure I could play this on my PC before buying it. To have this error is absolutely ridiculous.

1 Comment
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

The first part of the error message is the actual error. The rest is just generic info that helps in some cases.

There are things on modern PCs that can also cause this error message to show up.
    First make sure your display color depth is set to 32 bit, and the refresh rate is set to 60Hz. Also disable multiple displays if applicable.

If that's not what causes it, please follow the instructions to run the TWD Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWD_support_data_pc.zip" or "TWD_support_data_mac.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

This discussion has been closed.