30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I hated the first film, and I've hated all the subsequent ones increasingly as the series went on. Why would I like this one?
  • Rather Dashing;76350 said:
    I hated the first film, and I've hated all the subsequent ones increasingly as the series went on. Why would I like this one?
    Does it matter? You seem to be watching them regardless.

Anyways, I cannot wait. The last film was amazing.
  • xChri5x;76351 said:
    Does it matter? You seem to be watching them regardless.

Anyways, I cannot wait. The last film was amazing.
    Haha, sorry about that bitterness. It wasn't supposed to come out that bad.

But yeah, I'm kind of forced to see the films. Not on my tab, gladly, but I end up seeing them at some point. Despite my virulent protests. Which could attribute to my unnaturally high disdain for the films.

I'm a purist at heart, too. So, I tend to dislike the films more the more they deviate from the good but overly-hyped books they're based on.
  • "You're the doctor aren't you?"
    "No."
    "Who are you?"

Oh-ho-ho! Amusing, amusing.
  • Guybrush Threepwood;76360 said:
    "You're the doctor aren't you?"
    "No."
    "Who are you?"

Oh-ho-ho! Amusing, amusing.
    Sneaking Doctor Who refrences, are they?!

*Pulls out Buckshot*
  • November? Aww, that's so long to wait. :(
  • They screwed the last movie up royally... I hope that this one makes up for it.
  • Rather Dashing;76353 said:
    I'm a purist at heart, too. So, I tend to dislike the films more the more they deviate from the good but overly-hyped books they're based on.
    I'll always prefer books over movies, and I'm definitely a purist too. But the two mediums are so different in the way they tell a story that it would be ineffective to try and stick too close to the source material. Though for every movie like Hogfather that does it well, we get movies like Starship Troopers that completely miss the point.

As far as Harry Potter goes, I enjoy the movies because I've never read the books. :D
  • ShaggE;76403 said:
    They screwed the last movie up royally... I hope that this one makes up for it.

Wha-- the fifth film was the best so far, and the sixth is directed by the same guy, David Yates.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    Guybrush Threepwood;76410 said:
    Wha-- the fifth film was the best so far, and the sixth is directed by the same guy, David Yates.
    But the script was adapted by the dude who did the first four screenplays.
Add Comment