User Avatar Image

E2 Release Discussion:PC/Mac/PSN/XBLA/iOS/Kindle/Android out now;Vita/PS4/XOne:Nov 4 NA/Nov 7 EU

posted by Kevin Telltale Staff on - last edited by Jennifer - Viewed by 203.6K users

[puzzlebox edit]

Official release dates are here!

• Feb 4th - PC/Mac, PlayStation 3 North America
  • Feb 5th - Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 Europe
  • Feb 7th - iOS
  • June 2nd - Kindle Fire and Amazon Fire TV
  • Oct 30th - Android
  • Nov 4th PlayStation Vita/PlayStation 4/Xbox One North America
  • Nov 7th PlayStation Vita/PlayStation 4/Xbox One Europe

Only a few days to go now!

Hey everyone!

We were planning the announcement of the ep2 release date just today, and I really wanted to respond to the reddit thread, since the info was imminent anyways. But, we also wanted to make sure that everyone here was the first to know, so here it is!

First week of Feburary!

It's been a struggle to get this episode out, for a variety of reasons, but it's finally ready to go, and you heard it here first!

Here's what I'll be posting to reddit in a few minutes...

“Hey guys,

Kevin from Telltale here! Funny that this came up today, as we were planning the announcement of Ep 2, but… no time like the present!

Ep 2 should be available the first week of February. We are working hard with all of our partners (Xbox, PlayStation, Steam, Apple) to coordinate everything, but we’re confident enough to announce that here. The episode is looking really good (as is the rest of the season!). We are very concerned about the long delay for this episode, but this is one of those occasions where several things conspired against us (not to mention the additional delays due to the holidays). I won't dive into the details, but it’s been an unusual and specific set of circumstances and we do not anticipate it happening again as we go forward with the rest of the season.

So there you have it. First week of February! “

1.1K Comments
  • Hmm.I think its going to release in 4th Feb or 7th Feb. Latter is more likely though

• Thank God... I was crazy about the release date. Also, there's only one day in the first week of feburary... So the episode 2 is coming day one of feburary :D
    I wish lol

• i want to know if walking dead ep2 is coming this month or not

• It's great that the silence has been broken, but I would be happier if two words were in there. "We're/I'm sorry." No ass-licking, just two words.

• I am not sure how old some of the gamers here are, but seriously people some of you act like children, even worse than that. Yes there was a long delay, but if you are forgetting work/job are not the only most important things in life. Game developers are humans as much as you are, they don't just go work, work, work etc. They are not your Drones and you certainly are not their Overmind. It is quite obvious that something happened, either on technical or personal level.

So stop with that altitude! I am sick of it! Not only from people here attacking TTG, but for all those people constantly complaining about some shit, and attacking gaming companies . It is true you have to and have the right to complain especially when they messed up something, but gamers today cry like little babies for every small thing. This is a friendly advice to some of you. You can't complain about everything in life! There is a borderline of good taste people! Grow up!

• "the altitude"? There. I had to complain about something i guess.

• picking up on someones spelling error is bad form..

• I took him as saying we all "cry like little babies" because we complain about a delayed game that we paid for. so I complained about something.

• Brabble! Yes brabble! Couldn't remember the damn word in English. That's the problem with people today they brabble about small things in their lives instead of having fun and joking about it, making their life easier. But when it comes to big shit like numerous issues of modern world: social, economical, ecological in nature no one is ready to complain they all just... let it go... pass by.. until it's too late.. And of course some very serious things in life as well. Ah, trying to make people understand these things... But, I... Nah you can't change people it is the nature of things. Just... Value what you have and don't complain about it, you never know when you are going to lose it

Edit: Ah yes "cry like little babies"". Believe me I can use much harsher words, but I like keeping it civilised when I am on the Internet..

• People are just voicing their opinions, whether wrong or right. To tell someone they are cry babies and how we should be focused on these other issues (in a telltale forum?) is "bad form".

• At any point in your self congratulatory posturing, did you realize that you were doing exactly what you are accusing others of? Insulting others over criticism of a game company, for their behavior? I mean what are you crying about? Criticism not even leveled at yourself?

• I am not self congratulating anything, mate I don't have the reason to congratulate myself, hardly ever will. So, yeah I complain that other's are complaining over small things. I also bitch about small things from time to time, happens to everyone, it's normal. Maybe I have gone over the line mentioning numerous world concerning issues, But some people just go too far.Also don't worry about "Criticism not even leveled at yourself'', I criticize myself a lot, sometimes more often than I should. The question is : Are you ready to criticize yourself or accept criticism?

• Yeah you are. You're congratulating yourself over your supposed maturity (which you have proven quite imaginary).

You're a hypocrite.
                  You say there are bigger things in the world to worry and complain about, but HERE YOU ARE, complaining about critical posts on a message board.

Why? Because criticism of a game company hurts your feelings, and so you need to yell at and insult the people posting such.

No one here has gone too far, except you. You decided to insult everyone complaining, and feign maturity. YOU are the one going too far. As for criticizing yourself? Utterly irrelevant to this conversation. The point is, you are taking criticism personally, and acting every bit as childish as you accuse others.

• Just as I said I may have gone over the line, I see my error. Yeah I have self-awareness, maybe the only good thing I have, hardly can say that for other things. Yes there are bigger things to worry about, and this didn't hurt my feelings at all, why would it I am not in love with TTG. I just respect them more so than many other gaming companies. I just had to say it that's it. I am not talking only about people complaining over a gaming company that's nothing, I meant numerous senseless complains of people in general. And yeah I gave a friendly advice : Value what you have and don't complain about it, you never know when you are going to lose it. So giving a friendly advice is self-congratulating? When did that happen?

So you found the things I said so insulting? There are people who would use much harder words than I did. How would you act in that case? Overall I don't want to bore moderators with arguing here with you.

All in all have a nice day, bye.

• Yeah, calling them idiots and pathetic is much better....

• I was just glancing over the post on Reddit, and could not believe the amount of people who just brushed off the announcement, and kept bitching as though nothing was said today from TT. Very few people said "Thank you" to Kevin. *You got the info you wanted from TT people! *But, no. Let's dissect the announcement to death... smh

Those guys would make lousy Half-Life fans. I've been patiently waiting for HL3 for years, and I don't have any animosity towards Valve. At all.

TWAU chapter two was delayed for a reason that THEY ARE NOT GOING TO TELL YOU, and – zoom! – that goes right over their heads because it didn't include "I'm sorry".

Look, if you paid for a season pass for TWAU – like I did – I don't blame you for being angry and frustrated. But to still complain after you get good news ( or worse, immediately start complaining about Walking Dead's second chapter ), is just ridiculous.

• Please answer me. Is walking dead ep2 is going to release this month or is it going to release in february like twau?

• No apology? No acknowledgement about the lack of communication except some vague allusions to unusual circumstances?

Whatever... I barely even remember the name's of the characters at his point. You'd better be very concerned, because many of us won't buy from you ever again after this lack of communication (and no apology)... =/

I guess partying it up at trade shows and doing shots of tequila to seal deals for new IPs is all that matters to TTG now.

• Glad there is a date in sight. However, anyone else upset that after buying the first episode and the season pass, that it was free and 33% off on Xbox live? So I paid $20, got to play the first episode, and if I had just waited, I would have gotten the entire season for $10.

• Don't worry, they're very concerned....

• it is common practise for ttg to be on offer a few months after release (not because of a delay).

i don't think ttg actually have a say in these sales it is the formats choice to do so, in a bid to boost sales of the game if say the initial interest has died down..

fact is if you want games on day 1 you pay for the 'exclusive access so to speak' months go buy and would you believe it people don't buy as much it's like magic !

So to make it appeal to others who may not of thought it was worth it before at full price, these sales give them another option.

• P.S. It's b.s. the other thread was closed. First you don't acknowledge people's questions and complaints, then you reframe the argument by closing the thread full of their angst so you can make a new one (where plenty of people will fall all over themselves thanking you b/c they are so desperate to play the game).

• easy one:

New members to the forums or just the generally lazy ignorant people, won't bother to read through all those comments to get an answer to the release date question, a certain member and i got in to a little heated debate about it, true story !

So this new 'sticky thread' in an attempt to make the news clear to see..

• I will not be buying nothing else from this company after such a poor management on this game!

Add Comment