User Avatar Image

E2 Release Discussion:PC/Mac/PSN/XBLA/iOS/Kindle/Android out now;Vita/PS4/XOne:Nov 4 NA/Nov 7 EU

posted by Kevin Telltale Staff on - last edited by Jennifer - Viewed by 203.4K users

[puzzlebox edit]

Official release dates are here!

• Feb 4th - PC/Mac, PlayStation 3 North America
  • Feb 5th - Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 Europe
  • Feb 7th - iOS
  • June 2nd - Kindle Fire and Amazon Fire TV
  • Oct 30th - Android
  • Nov 4th PlayStation Vita/PlayStation 4/Xbox One North America
  • Nov 7th PlayStation Vita/PlayStation 4/Xbox One Europe

Only a few days to go now!

Hey everyone!

We were planning the announcement of the ep2 release date just today, and I really wanted to respond to the reddit thread, since the info was imminent anyways. But, we also wanted to make sure that everyone here was the first to know, so here it is!

First week of Feburary!

It's been a struggle to get this episode out, for a variety of reasons, but it's finally ready to go, and you heard it here first!

Here's what I'll be posting to reddit in a few minutes...

“Hey guys,

Kevin from Telltale here! Funny that this came up today, as we were planning the announcement of Ep 2, but… no time like the present!

Ep 2 should be available the first week of February. We are working hard with all of our partners (Xbox, PlayStation, Steam, Apple) to coordinate everything, but we’re confident enough to announce that here. The episode is looking really good (as is the rest of the season!). We are very concerned about the long delay for this episode, but this is one of those occasions where several things conspired against us (not to mention the additional delays due to the holidays). I won't dive into the details, but it’s been an unusual and specific set of circumstances and we do not anticipate it happening again as we go forward with the rest of the season.

So there you have it. First week of February! “

1.1K Comments
  • I guess its better than nothing, but I have this bad feeling that first week of February might turn into second week of February!

• Great news but i'm just going to point out the "should" in that statement. Hopefully it DOES come out in the first week of Feb but i'm still skeptical.

• Please do go into details. I would love some details.

• He said "should be available"

Uh, oh. You know what that means, right?

• Sorry, too little too late. Not waiting 4 months to continue a story for 2 hrs. Especially when you guys refuse to interact with the community. I was holding out on TWD2 when this episode was taking so long, no way in hell I buy it now. Again sorry, I'm not going to kiss ass now because we finally got a release date when this is unacceptable IMO. I don't know what you think this debacle cost you but I can say, at least one customer won't buy anything from telltale again.

• F-ing Aholes... What (WHAT!) takes you so long!?

• Finally a Sign of Life. That's all what i wanted.

• Srsly guys?

they give us a release date and your still whining?

Jesus screw this community

• So you think 3 and 1/2 months is an acceptable amount of time to wait between episodes? Is that what you are saying? Or are you saying that you don't care to know why it took so long and don't care if it is something that could happen again? So you are saying them doing this exact same thing again so long as they eventually give us a release date is ok? If you are in fact saying all of that, fine, whatever, but don't bitch about people being upset unless you want this exact thing to happen again every time. Now, I'm not saying that it will happen, but if you are complacent with it now, you should be consistent and complacent with it happening again and again. And if you are complacent what's to stop it from occurring again?

• Its obviously stated that there was an issue with eh development that they couldn't talk about

(Possibly a Death, Contractual obligation, ect) and that it won't happen again

If It does I will definately be pissed

But are you saying that if im complacent once Ill always be complacent with it?

Wat

Thats like saying because Im a liberal I support Obama 100%.......

Im not even sure if Obama's Cabinet supports him 100% anymore........

• I don't see an apology in there.

• that was a pretty soft update...left me with very little confidence they will actually meet the deadline...really no explanation as to why Ep2 will have taken almost 4 months to produce...and I didn't hear anything to acknowledge the disappointment and frustration of their customers.

• Im not playing the game again until all the episodes are available, anyway. But that was a sort of a vague non answer by the telltale staffer. I doubt the episode is released "the first week of february"

• ttg have a rule they don't admit what went wrong, because SOME PEOPLE MIGHT complain about it oh wait..

for example why give information out that could either hurt future sales/revenue or their image ?

a big studio can afford to do it a smaller studio like ttg can't.

that is why news is so rare, they know the customers will froth at the mouth with anything they give, so best to be 200% sure before spilling, this update is proof of that,

but i guess there is alot of over entitlement going on..

Add Comment