99 Comments
  • If Clem dies, then the series is essentially over, because practically no-one will want to continue playing it.

Telltale aren't THAT stupid (I hope).

• If Clem died you'd still play the game, stop with these false threats because The Walking Dead is gonna be good game wheather Lee is the Main character Clem or someone who becomes it along the way.

• Playing the game without her is meaningless.she is the reason that this game is the BEST.

• Thats like saying TWD TV show is meaningless because it doesn't have clem or The last of us game is meaningless because it doesn't have clem but instead Ellie. These Apocalypse Scenarios are about telling a story from the billions of good zombie movies like Night of the living dead or Shaun of the dead. World War Z another good movie is just about telling a story. Games like The Last of Us and Dead Rising to Resident Evil are all based on a story the developers are trying to tell. These are successful even though they don't have Clem she isn't the end all be all in TWD.

• Clem is basically the heart of the Telltale's The Walking Dead. Her story is what people have become attached to, it's what fans of this series expect to experience when they play the game.

All those examples you listed wouldn't be what they were the if their main characters had been replaced by Clementine just like how Telltale's The Walking Dead wouldn't be what it has become without Clementine. She is at least in my mind essential to the story Telltale has crafted and killing her off and replacing her with someone else would be the equivalent of making Shaun of the Dead have Clementine as it's protagonist, it just wouldn't work.

If Clementine dies I would prefer Telltale's series ends instead of them just wheeling out another protagonist to replace her.

• This statement in no way reflects the logic of needing Clem in the Telltale's The Walking Dead.
            In fact, none of your statement makes any sense of real connection, X3Holy3.

• If killed Clem feel go to far the ending was bad enough but that happened would hated the game as know want shock factor instead of quality story telling and with Clem still alive finish the game with hope and mystery factor about what happens to clem gets your mind racing when game finished also spent the game protecting Clem and teaching her morals if she died all hard work was for nothing and whole game was failure to me as Clem living was mission completed to me and made the game a classic in my eye for redemption, sacrifice and small wins.

• The series was a waste of my time if she dies.
    Which would be all the more angering the later it happens, if so.
    Near everyone has said this.
    And I agree.
    If she dies in the middle, then everything before that was a waste of my time.
    I'm not going to care about anyone in this series the same as Clem.
    I would feel towards Telltale's Walking Dead the same stigma most players tell me they feel for Mass Effect after finishing ITS series.
    I am in no interest for spin offs by a company whom is simply incapable of a good ending.
    The series can be as depressing as they like-- I love that it is-- but the grand finale of the whole series should not be so.
    I hope Telltale also has this belief, and enough care for their fans to think so as well.
    I have explained this in my comments on my 'About Clementine...' discussion.

• User Avatar Image
    Antero BANNED

The series ends and Telltale stops printing money and goes bankrupt

• Actually, scratch what I wrote below(Although I'm leaving it there for people to read). All I really want to say is if they do kill her off, I hope she dies achieving something and knowing it, dieing as happy as possible within the circumstances. That would be the happiest ending I could think of, as the world she lives in is awful, but if she can die knowing she achieved something I think it would be a great way to end her arc, and although the same ending as S1 I think it would still be affective as the circumstances are completely different. If they do kill her I will continue to play though, as I have no trouble with starting fresh with a completely new cast, and as long as its the same quality writing and interesting characters I will "Enjoy(Cry alot)" it :)

MY previous post:

What I hope is that if they do kill her off, its from something more than a random walker bite. What would be a happy ending(in my opinion at least), would be clementine doing something heroic with a bunch of other people, something that benefits a huge group of people(Maybe saving Tavias camp from a giant zombie group or something), but at the end being killed, and as she slowly dies everyone is celebrating around her out of focus in the background(Not noticing her as she blends in with the walkers). That would sort of be a happy ending, the best we could hope for in the walking dead. I don't think that would be wasting her character either, and it isn't a sad ending(ish). I hope they don't kill her, but how else could a series end. I haven't played many games but I don't believe you could have an outstanding ending without ending the characters arc, and after ending an arc of a character you either create a new one(Which is kinda hard in a zombie apocalypse), or remove them from the story.

• I will just have to trust Telltale to know what to do.
      I am against her death.
      But again, I have explained my opinion on this in my comments on my 'About Clementine...' discussion.

• I want the ending tone to be, 'Never give up. There is always hope. Even in the darkest times.' Or at least something along those lines, unless they can come up with better.
      I want her to be strong and content in the end, if not happy.
      But, honestly, I want her to be happy and live on.
      I will just trust Telltale's writers to know what to do.

• User Avatar Image
    FreddeN93 BANNED

I wouldn't worry. The amount of fans for Clementine is too big to do such a stunt. And Telltale, AND Melissa know this. I heard Melissa say in a interview: "I know the players love for Clementine". If they want to do this they pretty much have to end the game-series right there because no one would play the rest lol.

• Maybe telltale kill her the way we just like it.maybe they kill her and in result we see her as a saint.they just have to find the right leverage.
    Telltale might kill her as they kill lee.in result of killing lee most of us love lee for what he did.why telltale don’t use it again?

• We don't love Lee because he was bitten. We love Lee because of how much he cared for Clem.
      Clem has always been more important to us than Lee.
      We don't love him because he died.
      We love him, because he did all that he could to keep Clem alive.
      This is why many of us have this discomfort for Telltale.
      Unlike Lee, we don't know if we can trust them to keep her alive.
      I, like many, hated the ending of Season 1.
      It is not something to aspire to repeat.
      It is only accepted to me now, because I heard Clem was in Season 2.
      Before that, I gave up on the series.
      Sold the game, stopped coming to the forum, etc..
      Only when I heard online she was in Season 2 did I get back to it.
      I did not like Season 1s ending.
      I would not like the series if something equivelent to that was the grand finale, like I had thought it was for the longest time.

• I mean lee died because he tried to protect clementine and what is better than to die in the way of protecting your loved ones.if lee wouldn't die we might not love him as we are now.

• If you recall the ending.
          With the thought in mind that there wouldn't be any more Clementine.
          The grand finale Lee died for, was for Clem to be terrified and alone.
          Only because of Season 2 did Lee's death finally feel like it had some meaning.

• For the first time in my experience with zombie entertainment, I don't wan't somebody to develop into too much of a bad-ass.

• User Avatar Image
      Antero BANNED

I don't get why people are saying that Clem is becoming bad-ass, she only pushed someone into a walker, killed some walkers and called a bitch out. Bad-ass would be if she just gets a katana and becomes a ninja like Michonne, now THAT is a Clem i would dislike.

• Consider how simple it is to come up with a death.
    Consider how difficult it is to have an ending with life.

It is easy to kill someone.
    It is truly creative to figure out how they will live.

I will just have to trust the writers with the finale.

This discussion has been closed.