User Avatar Image

I did it but I don't know how.

posted by Daniel on - last edited - Viewed by 282 users
What exactly do I have to do to make the King of Town step into my trap? The first time I tried he saw and avoided it, the second time (after randomly fiddling around with all kind of other stuff) he fell right right into it. What did I do wrong/right?

Do I have to wear the Homestar Runner costume?
Or maybe put twigs on all the holes?
Or simply try it twice?

Nothing of this seems to make sense. I must've done something else right the second time without realizing it.
8 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • To trap the King of Town into the hole, you got to dig it up with the Shovel from his castle, place Hedge Clippings on top so it's like a pit trap and then put the chocolates from Bub's onto Marzipan's doorstop.

Then watch the fireworks
  • heavybassX;81361 said:
    To trap the King of Town into the hole, you got to dig it up with the Shovel from his castle, place Hedge Clippings on top so it's like a pit trap and then put the chocolates from Bub's onto Marzipan's doorstop.

Then watch the fireworks
    I did that. But the first time he just saw the trap and walked around it. Or... maybe I forgot to put the twigs on it? I thought I did, but maybe... *shrug*
  • You need 2 sets of chocolate.

Dig the hole and put chocolates into it. The KOT will immediately come out (smelling the chocolate), but will see the hole and not fall in.

Now place the clippings over the hole with the chocolate in it.

Then go back to Bubs' and get more chocolate.

Go back to Marzipan's and place the chocolate on the mat. The KOT will come out again, but now he'll fall in your cleverly laid trap, and Marzipan will get the chocolates on the mat.
  • You don't have to put any chocolate in the hole at all. You just need to dig, put clippings on it, put chocolate on Marzipan's doorstep and ring the bell. Bye bye KOT.
  • What leez says is right. I solved the "trap the King of Town" puzzle without even realizing there WAS a puzzle. Because I saw "loose soil" and thought "DIGDIGDIG", and saw a whole and thought "traptime!".
  • You mean you saw a hole, not a whole. Really, people, learn to spell!
  • Daniel;81352 said:
    What exactly do I have to do to make the King of Town step into my trap? The first time I tried he saw and avoided it, the second time (after randomly fiddling around with all kind of other stuff) he fell right right into it. What did I do wrong/right?

Do I have to wear the Homestar Runner costume?
    Or maybe put twigs on all the holes?
    Or simply try it twice?

Nothing of this seems to make sense. I must've done something else right the second time without realizing it.
    The same thing happened to me, and I have a theory why. Did you put hedge clippings (or do other stuff) on other holes after the trap hole? I'm thinking it might be that if you put the clippings down and then do something to another hole, the game "forgets" that the clippings are on the trap hole. For my second try, I put the clippings down and went straight to get chocolate and put in on the doorstep, and that's when it worked.

Of course, that's just a theory, I have no clue what you did, so I could be completely wrong.
Add Comment