User Avatar Image

How do you change user name?

posted by Funkboy on - last edited - Viewed by 14.5K users
I ment to sign up as funkboy as in the type of music + the word boy and I got funboy. Please help
139 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • telltale please look at this thread. we need our names changed
  • thank you very much
  • Thanks a bunch user-name fairy!
    though, I'd really like it better if you coyld change it to "Jon N/A"
    I know it's possible in vBulletin, I've signed up in a vBulletin powered one with NA and a / in the middle ... so could you please change it to "Jon N/A"?
  • Jon NA;483899 said:
    I know it's possible in vBulletin, I've signed up in a vBulletin powered one with NA and a / in the middle ... so could you please change it to "Jon N/A"?
    It's not just vBulletin though, since your forum account is integrated with your Telltale user account. I'm not saying it's impossible to store a slash in any sane database, it's just not that uncommon to untaint database input by disallowing anything other than alphanumeric characters and space (which is reasonable if you're not using prepared statements). I'm not saying that's definitely the reason why they left out the slash though, as I have no idea how their back end systems work.
  • There are some users who have underlines and dots in their usernames, like "whte_rbt.obj" ... so I think slashes are allowed.
    I think them not changing my username to Jon N/A was a misunderstanding ... Unless they come and say it was a database issue.
  • Woohoo! Thanks for the change, Telltale!
  • Yup, thank you very much!
  • Bump ... Turn mine into "Jon N/A"
  • Bumping again.
    Please! Help me out of this slash-less pit!
    I wanna be a Jon N/A!
  • Can you change my name to Mr. DNA please?
This discussion has been closed.