Just bought the game this afternoon and I'm very frustrated to discover that I'm blocked at the login stage. I receive the message "cannot communicate with Telltale servers".
My specs are high enough, my OS is Windows 7.
I tried the following things (as stated in the many posts of this support forum) :
- Regedit (by deleting some key in the registry)
- Loging in with either my username or my email adress. This method sometimes brings a different error message which allows me to chose between "sign out" and "exit", which gives me a little bit of hope ...
- De-activating my firewall & my antivirus which in turn makes the game "freeze" once I get the "cannot communicate with telltale servers" (this must be a clue !).
- Re-starting my computer
- All of the above simultaneously ...
... To no avail
My next attempts will involve :
- Ask you if I need to send a "log" file of some sort to further investigate my issue (and also, where to get it)
- Trying some voodoo spells, like painting my computer with blood of a three-headed monkey
- Reading the comic books while holding my mouse and my keyboard and pretend very hard that I'm interacting with the story
Thanks for taking this issue more seriously than I am !