This discussion may contain spoilers!
I decided to write a story that I think would play out after what happened to Omid (we miss you).
This is right after Christa guns down Michelle and cradles Omid's body. Clementine just stares in tears, guilt-ridden. Christa looks over to her, sad but still showing a bit of anger.
- Christa: Give it to me.
(This grabs Clementine's attention. She looks back. Christa gestures her head at Clem's gun. Clementine hesitates before picking it up. She walks over to Christa and hands her gun over to her.)
- Christa: Grab your bag and go wait outside.
(Clementine walks to her bag. After she put's it on, she takes one last look at Michelle's body.)
- Christa: Clementine. I said leave. Now.
(Clementine walks to the door with her head down. She stands outside near the door. A gunshot is heard from the bathroom, making Clementine flinch. Christa walks out of the bathroom with her rifle and Clem's gun in each hand. She continues walking to the other side of the building without even looking at Clementine. Clementine quickly catches up to her.)
- Clem: What are we gonna do now? Where are we going?
- Christa: ...I don't know. Somewhere el--
(The sound of a car engine is heard. Christa looks around the corner of the building and notices three more people stepping out of the car, but they don't see her. She quickly turns back)
- Christa: Oh, shit! Get back!
(With no proper place to hide they run back to the woods. Clementine makes it first. Christa struggles due to her condition but makes it without being noticed. They hide behind a log and observe the intruders, two male and one female. The two men are carrying weapons, one with a bat and the other with a tire iron)
- Man 1: She's not on this side either. Fuck, where'd she go?
- Man 2: I'm sure she's fine.
- Man 1: Well she better be. I ain't saving her ass again if some biter tries to get her.
- Woman: And that's what you're gonna Jordan if we do find her all chewed up?
- Man 1: Hey! It's not my fuckin' problem if she keeps taking off. I keep telling you guys, "Stay the fuck together!" and she never listens!
- Man 2: Oh shit! Guys, come look at this!
(The three scavengers look into the bathroom)
- Man 1: Who's this fucking guy?
- Man 2: Don't know, don't care. See if he has anything on him.
(The woman searches Omid's body)
- Woman: Nothin'. Looks like he took two. One in the chest and one in the head.
- Man 2: Hmm. Looks like someone got 'im not too long ago.
- Man 1: Haha! Oh, what a fuckin' idiot! Bet he got what he deserved!
(Man 1 starts kick Omid's body. Christa becomes enraged and loads her rifle. Clementine looks at the group, horrified)
- Clem: No! What are they doing?
- Christa: Here. (She hands Clem her gun back.) And this time, do NOT fuck up.
- Clem: (She takes her gun) ...I...I'm sorry.
- Christa: Just get ready if anything happens. I'm not letting those bastards do that to him.
- Clem: Let's just go. We don't have to do this.
- Christa: Yes, we do. I do.
(The woman looks to Michelle's body and screams. This get's the others' attention)
- Woman: Oh God! (She walks to the door to throw up)
- Man 1: ...Goddamnit. GOD FUCKIN' DAMNIT!
- Man 2: We're too late.
- Man 1: This asshole did this to her! You're lucky you're dead or I'd fuckin' beat--
- Man 2: Stop. I don't think it was him. He's got no weapon's on him.
- Man 1: What are you saying?
- Man 2: I'm saying maybe someone else did this. Hell, maybe he's here right no--
(The woman is suddenly shot in the head. The two men look to her and as her body falls, it reveals Christa)
- Man 1: SHIT!
(Christa shoots Man 2 two in the thigh. He falls down screaming in pain, holding his leg. Man 1 has his hands in the air.)
- Man 1: OK! OK OK just take it easy! Please don't kill me! Jesus Christ!
(Christa aims her gun at Man 1 and is about to pull the trigger. Suddenly, she screams in pain holding her stomach. Man 1 sees this as an opportunity to incapacitate Christa, hitting her shoulder with the tire iron. Christa falls and lands on her stomach. Man 1 just looks at her and laughs.)
- Man 1: Damn, baby look at you! Carrying a little bun in the oven! Picked a hell of a time to start shackin' it, didn't ya?
- Christa: O...Om...Omid.
- Man 1: Hmm, what's that darlin' I can't hear you. Omid, you say?
- Christa: Stay...the fuck...away...from him.
(Man 1 looks confused. He looks to Omid's body. Then back to Christa. He gestures his finger back and forth between the 2 before he starts laughing)
- Man 1: Oh my fuckin' goodness! You two?! Ain't that cute! Well, if I had to guess I say you wasted Michelle. Right?
- Christa: ...
- Man 2: Hey! You just gonna stand there and chat with that bitch?! Help me!!
- Man 1: In a minute, bud. Got some business to take care of. (turns to Christa) That's two of my friends you killed. Now how about I return the favour and stab ya twice?
(Man 1 raises his tire iron ready to puncture Christa's gut, but is suddenly shot in the stomach. He falls to the ground. Clementine runs up to Christa)
- Clem: Christa! Are you okay?!
- Man 1: (holding his stomach, pointing at Clementine) You...y-you shot me?
(Clem points her gun at Man 1)
- Man 1: No! Come on! You're just a kid! You wouldn't--
(Clem cocks the gun)
- Man 1: You little cun--
(BANG! Clem shoots him in the head. She turns back to Christa who's gasping in pain)
- Christa: Clementine...it's coming.
- Clem: ...but I saw you fall.
- Christa: I...know.
- Man 2: I swear. He'll find you...and when he does...you...yourrrr...(passes out from blood loss)
- Christa: Clem. Search their pockets. Find...find the keys to their car.
(Clem looks through Man 1's pocket and find nothing but a bag of Skittles. She put's them in her backpack. She looks through the Woman's pockets and finds a lighter. She looks through Man 2's pockets and finds the keys. Christa tries to get up. Clem quickly runs to her)
- Clem: I got you. Just lean on me.
- Christa: Okay...
(Clem pulls Christa up. She nearly falls back down, but Clem is there to catch her. They slowly walk to scavengers' car)
- Christa: Clementine?
- Clem: ...yes?
- Christa: Thank you...
- Clem: I'm so sorry for what I--
- Christa: We'll talk about that...later. Right now here's what's gonna happen. You're gonna lie me down in the back seat. After that, you're gonna put the keys in the ignition...and you're gonna drive us out of here...
- Clem: What?! But I-I can't--
- Christa: Yes you can. There's not much on the road. You can do it. You're a smart girl. I NEED you to be strong.
- Clem: O-okay. I...I can try.
- Christa: Good...once we're out of here...you're gonna help me deliver this baby.
Clementine opens the back seat door and gently lies Christa down. She closes the door. She opens the driver's seat and starts the car
- Christa: ...just...don't press down too hard.
(Clementine manages to get the car out of the parking lot and into the road)
It's now dusk. Clementine is still driving on the road. Christa is lying in the back seat in labour.
- Christa: AAAAAAUUUUUGHHHH!! CLEMENTINE, STOP THE CAR!!
(Clementine eases down on the breaks and pulls over to the right side of the road. She gets out of the car and rushes to open the back door away from Christa's head)
- Clem: What do I do?!
- Christa: My pants. Take them off!
(Clementine does so. She is disturbed by the amount of blood that resulted from her fall at the Gil's Pitstop)
- Clem: Okay just...just keep breathing!
- Christa: How is it?! (Breathing heavily) Is it okay?!
- Clem: I don't know! I don't see anything!! Just keep pushing!!
(Christa screams in agony. Clementine can see something)
- Clem: I-I see the head!! Keep going!!
(Christa continues screaming. Clementine reaches her hand out to her for comfort. Christa grabs and holds Clementine's hand firmly)
- Christa: Find something to wrap it in!
(Clementine looks around the car and finds a hoddie on the floor)
- Clem: I found a sweater!
- Christa: Good. Get ready.
Christa gives one last agonizing push and at last, the baby is out. Clementine cuts the cord with a pocket knife and carefully wraps the baby in the hoodie. But something's wrong. The baby isn't crying and Christa has passed out.
- Clem: No. No no no no no. NO!! Please wake up!! (Rubbing the baby's back) Christa!! Wake up!! Please!!!
Clementine gets out of the car with the baby in her arms. She desperately tries everything she can to wake up the baby, but nothing is happening. She assumes the baby did not survive Christa's fall. She walks to the other side of the road and gently puts the baby down.
She turns back to the car, but stops at the realization that the baby will turn. She rushes to the car and grabs her gun. She slowly walks to the baby and raises her gun at it, shaking. She's holding the baby at gunpoint, but she can't bring herself to do it. She drops the gun, falls to her knees and starts sobbing.
- Clem: Please...please don't make me do this. I can't. I can't do it again....Lee? Where are you? I need you! I can't keep going on without you!!
Clem is suddenly startled by the baby's crying. She picks up her gun and puts it away. She rushes to the baby and carefully picks it up. She walks back to the car. Christa is still unconscious.
- Clem: Christa? It's okay. He's gonna be okay.
Clementine is worried that the baby's crying will attract walkers. She gets into the drivers seat and seals up all of the windows, save her's by leaving a little bit of an opening in order to breathe. Clementine gently bounces the baby up and down to calm it down. After a few minutes, the baby falls asleep. Clementine rests the baby on the passengers seat. Relieved that the worst is supposedly over, she closes her eyes and leans back on the seat.
- Clem: I did it, Lee... I did it.
Minutes have passed. Clementine is startled by the sound of driver's seat window getting shattered. Her vision is distorted by the blinding light from what appears to be van. Her vision slowly returns to normal, revealing the silhouette of a man holding a mallet.
- Unknown Man: Oh shit! I'm sorry, kid. Didn't mean to disturb you. I just thought I--( he notices the baby behind Clementine) I knew I heard something crying out here.
Click here for Part 2