This discussion may contain spoilers!
Here's a link to part one if you haven't seen it yet.
- ???: Hey, kid. Get up.
Clementine wakes up and and recognizes the man's voice. He's kneeling over her. She get's a much better look. He's aged between late 40's to early 50's, stands 6 feet tall, average build and brown hair with a large beard. Instinctively, she searches her pockets for her gun but she can't seem to find it.
- ???: Hey! Relax! It's okay. You're safe now.
Despite the man's hospitality, Clementine still feels scared. She observes her surroundings. She's inside a tent, lying on a sleeping bag. She looks through the opening and notices the bright sunlight beaming through.
- Clem: Where am I?! Who are you?!
- ???: I'm Donald. After I found you in your car, you fainted. (chuckles) Thought I had just scared you shitless, but coulda been you were just hungry.
- Clem: Christa...My friend. Where is she?
- Donald: Don't worry about her. She's safe. So's the young one. (Reaches his hand out) Come. I'll show ya around.
Clementine looks at him for a bit before taking his hand. Donald pulls her up on her feet. They walk out of the tent and Clementine is stunned by what she sees.
Donald has taken her and Christa to a large settlement as big as a football field. The plain's a nice lush green. There are countless tents. Most of them big enough for more than 4 people. Clementine looks and sees that they are next to a lake with some kids around her age playing there. Donald gestures to her to start walking. They walk away from the lake, much to Clem's dismay.
- Donald: So as you can see, we got it pretty good here. We aren't too far from the water so fishin's not such a hassle. We got fishers, cooks, hunters, medics; basically everyone we need to make this work. I myself am a scout. I look for any folks tryna find a new home and take 'em here.
Clementine looks around and sees a group intimidating looking men, smoking and playing cards. She slows down. One of the men looks at her emotionlessly. She quickly catches up with Donald.
- Donald: Those are the hunters. Not friendliest bunch, I can tell you that. Best you stay away from them. We had an issue with the last group that went out but I'll tell you later. Actually, you didn't tell me your name.
- Clem: ...Clementine.
- Donald: Pleased to meet ya, Clementine. Ah, we're here.
Clementine looks and in front of her is a big, white tent.
- Donald: Your friend's in here.
- Clem: And the baby?
- Donald: Him too. Excuse me for takin' off on ya, but there's somethin' I gotta do. Go check in on your friend. I'll meet ya in there.
Donald walks away. Clementine walks into the tent. She sees Christa lying on a bed and another woman with hair slightly resembling Christa's sitting next to her feeding the baby a bottle filled with formula. Clementine walks up to Christa. The woman looks at her and smiles.
- ???: You must be the girl Donald was talking about. Hey there. I'm Anna.
- Clem: Hi. I'm Clementine.
- Anna: Pleased to meet you. You know, I can't imagine what you must've been through. A little girl like you delivering this little guy. Tells me a lot about you.
- Clem: Thanks.
- Anna: You know, I have a daughter about half your age. Maybe you can make some new friends?
- Clem: It's...it's been too long since I've been around people my age.
- Anna: Oh. I'm sorry to here that. Well, at least you got a new baby brother.
- Clem: Oh. Umm, she's not my mom.
- Anna: Well, where are your parents?
- Clem: ......they're gone.
- Anna: Ah, I'm sorry. I shouldn't asked.
- Clem: It's okay. Things happen. Now it's just me and her.
- Anna: Well, hopefully my daughter will grow up to be as brave as you.
Clementine smiles. Anna takes the bottle out of the baby's mouth and puts it down. She get's up and walks to Clementine.
- Anna: Sorry, I gotta go check on my girl. Can you just...?
- Clem: Yeah. (Clem gently takes the baby out of Anna's arms)
- Anna: Thank you, Clementine. I'll see you in a bit. Make sure you burp him, he's had a lot.
Anna walks out of the tent. Seconds later, Christa finally begins to wake up.
- Christa: (disoriented)...Clementine?
- Clem: (holding her hand) I'm here, Christa.
- Christa: What happened? Where are w--(Christa sees her Clementine holding her baby. She smiles before holding her hand to her mouth) Oh my God...
Clementine hands the baby to Christa. She takes a good long look at her newborn son. She embraces him. Clementine looks and begins to cry tears of joy. She wipes them off her face.
- Clem: What are you gonna name him?
- Christa: (Looking to Clem) You decide.
- Clem: Really?
- Christa: Go ahead.
- Clem: I was thinking about what....he suggested...
Christa's smile turns to a frown. She looks at the baby, then back to Clementine.
- Christa: Well, I can't think of anything better. (smiling) Omid Junior it is.
Clementine smiles. Donald walks in with two plates of fried fish.
- Donald: Oh good! You're awake!
- Christa: Wait...who are you? Clementine, where are we?
- Donald: No need to panic, ma'am. I'm Donald. I found y'all restin' up in a car and decided to take you to my settlement. I brought some food.
- Clem: (to Christa) You passed out after you had Junior. Then he found us. (to Donald) I'm sorry, but may I please eat? I'm very hungry.
- Donald: (grinning) Hmm. Nice to see that even with everything gone to shit, you still manage to mind your manners. The other kids can learn from ya. Here ya go.
Donald hands her the fish. She starts eating. He turns to Christa and hands her the second plate.
- Christa: Where are our guns?
- Donald: They're in the armory tent. Just for precaution purposes. Don't worry I won't let anyone touch 'em. Maybe when you're good and rested, we can take you on one of our hunts. We can always use an extra hand.
- Christa: ....thanks.
Donald puts the fish near the bedside table and exits the tent.
- Clem: Just wait'll you see outside, Christa! It's beautiful! There are kids my age! We're near a lake so I can go swi--
- Christa: Clementine.
- Clem: ....yes?
- Christa: Don't get too comfortable, here.
The story continues in Nowhere To Run.