User Avatar Image

The 'Freezing' Dead

posted by TheSteelWalker on - Viewed by 581 users

I purchased the walking dead season 1 around Christmas time, I played it first time round and everything was fine, I loved the game. No problems with it at all, but now as I'm preparing for TWDS2E2 I'm attempting to replay the game from the beginning.
*Notice I say attempting
Whenever I reach a certain point, in every episode (except the first one) I get a message saying, this game can no longer be played you will now be returned to the title screen (something along those lines) I was just wondering if there is anything being done about this, or is there something that I can do to prevent this, as I am a huge fan of TWD game, and I don't wish to be bothered by this glitch any longer. Any feedback is appreciated...

5 Comments
  • User Avatar Image
    FreddeN93 BANNED

Do you think you can provide the exact error message you receive?

• I can remember it exactly, it is definitely something along the lines of 'storage lost, this game can no longer be place you will now be return to the main menu'... I also forgot to add as when I try and continue after this has happened, I get a black screen which then freezes my xbox.

• User Avatar Image
    TelltaleMike Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. At this time, the only way to stop the storage device error is to delete your save data. Below are a couple different ways to do this:

1) Delete the save data in save slots 2 & 3 from within The Walking Dead. (You may wish to back-up the data)

2) If deleting the save data in the save slots does not resolve the issue, you will want to delete the save data from your storage device. (Go to your Settings on the dashboard, and click on Storage, then choose your storage device that you are saving on, select “games and apps”, then select “The Walking Dead.” In The Walking Dead scroll down and delete the Save Data. You may want to back-up this data)

• I tried both of these, it worked at first. Until episode three and then it happened again, any more advice or is this just a broken game which thousands of people have wasted there money on because they can't even play it? Such a shame for such a brilliant game...

• User Avatar Image
      TelltaleMike Telltale Staff

I apologize for any difficulties this has caused you. It sounds like your save is corrupted. I recommend deleting your saves, and deleting the game from your console, along with any files associated with The Walking Dead. Then download the game again from the Xbox Marketplace, and make sure you are connected to the internet the first time you start it to make sure you download any Title Updates you need to allow the game to run successfully. After completing these steps, the issue will no longer occur.

This discussion has been closed.