Telltale Autumn Sale

Common Downloading Problem on Kindle Fire HDX (Moved to Support)

Many people (I among them) have been experiencing strange issues when trying to download The Walking Dead Season 1 Episode 1 game from the Amazon appstore. The app downloads all the way to 100 percent, but then claims that it requires a manual update. No matter how many times you try to update/download it, the same error occurs. But the worst part is that the bug spreads throughout the entire Appstore, so that I am now unable to download any apps from Amazon, even though I deleted The Walking Dead. My brand new Kindle Fire HDX is now seriously impaired in its usefulness. I would like a solution or at least an explanation.

Comments

• Bump.

Templarien posted: »

Bump.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike ModeratorTelltale Staff

It sounds like you may need to update your device. I recommend making sure you have the latest software update for your device, and re-download the game, and you should then be able to play the game.

Templarien posted: »

Bump.

• The continuous cycle of manual update notifications happened to me also (after a "sync all content" update). I ended up deleting from device AND cloud and re-downloading from Amazon, and that seemed to fix the problem. Of course, I had to start the game over from the beginning, but that beats not being able to play it at all.

This discussion has been closed.