User Avatar Image

The official WHO WOULD YOU SAVE... thread - *Pizza or Ice Cream Decision?!* *WONDERFUL NEW IMAGE*

posted by GoldFish27 on - last edited - Viewed by 26.4K users

Alt text

Look at this image.

Now take a look at this tweet from Job Stauffer! WTH is Pizza and Ice Cream? Could it be Kenny or Luke decision?

Alt text

As you could possibly imagine, this thread isn't about the game itself. It's about everyone's feelings and perceptions, attitude and reflexive abilities.

Take a moment to put yourself in Clementine's shoes.
Remember her past... her present...

Well, now think about something like that:

Episode 5, riski situation, it's time for a crucial decision. You can save only one of them. Just one. It's no longer a matter of sitting next to someone. It's all about life and death.

You have to choose the person who's going to be your travel companion for - maybe - the next 16 months.

The "new" Kenny.
You've been knowing him since day one. He's a tough guy, with a lot of experience; he's smart and can become really dangerous if he wants to protect you. And you are sure he will. BUT his personality changed... a lot. Will he stay mentally stable?

• Luke, a guy you've known recently. He's nice and careful (maybe too much?), young, energic, open-minded. But you don't know if he will always remain by your side.

And don't forget these brilliant opinions

Michael7123 said: If you think about it, its a choice between a good uncle and a good brother.
Potato-sama said:The pizza is tastier and lasts longer.

Alt text

• Kenny! No wait, Luke! I changed my mind again, Kenny! No it has to be Luke!.........argh! I can't decide! This is worse than picking which table to sit at. :(

• Kenny all the way.

Sorry, but I don't trust Luke enough right now to say anything else. Something ain't right with that guy.

• Kenny ofcourse...what a question!

I have a funny idea how this choice could work out. Lets say Carver is letting you decide who of those 2 he is gonna kill. We all know Carver is an evil and manipulating man and he would do anything to reach his goals. What if he would kill the person you were trying to save? For example you decide to save Kenny, so Carver decides to kill him instead of Luke. That would be a unexpected and shoking experience!

• I've talked to a couple people about this and it kind of depends of the circumstances and what happens up to episode five, but I would save Luke. Sure I know Kenny and we have history, but he is a very controlling and unstable person. Sure, he lost his family, and I know that's something that you never truly get over, but so has everyone else in the apocalypse. He represses rather than deals with his problem. And in season one, too, you were either with or against him and if you were against him, he hated your guts. Luke has already done more for Clementine in one week than Kenny did in 4 months(ish). He seems like someone who will actually value Clementine as part of the group, where as Kenny will underestimate her for his own agenda.

• This is pretty much why I would want to pick Luke myself. Although I like Kenny, I think Luke would be much better for her (in terms of emotional welfare and general survival).
      When I try to think of how Clementine would pick though, I keep coming back to Kenny. A lot of Clem's dialogue options make it sound like she's got survivor's guilt, so I think she'd struggle with letting someone die who - as far as she's aware - already 'died' once coming to find her when she was kidnapped. And there's the fact he just lost an eye. And if Sarita dies, she's the only one he has left. Then there's also the fact that he's the only one left who knew Lee so it might be giving up her last connection to him. I feel like on the outside picking Luke is the better choice for Clem, but that she could easily feel that she should be picking Kenny.

• Uncle Kenny FTW as of now.

• Not a doubt in my mind, Luke 100%! Telltale, pleasepleaseplease don't do anything bad to him... You don't want me to cry, do you!?

• Kenny. He may be unstable, but Clem has known him from day one, and if anyone can help him through this, help him to let go of the past once and for all, it would be Clem. I've said this before, as much as I like Luke, I'd choose Kenny. Survival be damned, I'm not one to leave a good friend behind, and sorry to say, I simply care more about Kenny. In Season One, he considered Lee and Clem the only family he had left, I won't leave his side, no matter what.

• Luke. I feel bad for Kenny but I just don't think he's a good long-term match for a maturing Clementine. Luke treats her like an equal, Kenny would always see her as a little kid or even a surrogate for Duck and that's not fair to her. She would have to be the stable one in a partnership with Kenny and help him keep his shit together and again, that's just a sad spot to put her in.

• I agree with the second part but not the first part. Kenny looks to Clementine for her opinion on things and trusts her to do things most members of the group are iffy letting a little girl do. He and Luke are the only ones who really trust her like that.

• Yeah, reading this comment now, I don't think the first part is quite right. I agree Kenny and Luke similarly trust her to accomplish things, but I still think there's a disparity in how much Luke and Kenny allow her to have her own mind. Kenny respects her opinion and listens to her more than he will others true, but that's still only so far, and he can still respond fairly harshly when someone doesn't want to go along with him, even Clem. Luke doesn't seem as likely to read her the riot act for not agreeing with him.

• I don't think Kenny actually rages at Clementine at all so far in season 2. Surprising since he does it to everyone else. Nonetheless, I agree that he does have a bad side there. Though Kenny still deserves some credit in my eyes. He's done his best so far to protect Clementine, even taken a pretty severe beating for her then got right back up. Not to say Luke doesn't deserve credit too, but I choose Kenny over Luke. :D

• "The "new" Kenny. You've been knowing him since day one. He's a tough guy, with a lot of experience; he's smart and can become really dangerous if he wants to protect you. And you are sure he will. BUT his personality changed... a lot. Will he stay mentally stable?"

Uhh, what Kenny are we talking about, Kenny has never been shown to be smart and has only really been shown to be dangerous to himself and his allies. What person has he ever been a danger to? Well, looking through the people he confronted, Larry (an ally), Andy St-John (he got shot and lay on the ground while Lee fought Andy), Vernon's group (Kenny got beat up) and finally Carver's group, where actually managed to kill an enemy.

And really, the only personality change hes gained is that he now tries to laugh and joke during lighter moments, otherwise hes the same

• Kenny's plans are nearly always good ones, but they are rarely completely thought out. Basically, he just says "Okay this is a good idea so instead of thinking some more on it first lets just do this then wing it". He's not stupid, he just rushes his plans.

He has anger issues, if you disagree with him he will gladly get into an argument with you and he doesn't like seeing the other side of things. But if you show him respect and side with him, he is a pretty damn good teammate, possibly the best. That's just with Lee. He protects Clementine no matter what in season 2.

Larry isn't much of an ally considering he tried to kill Lee then threatened his life. Lee is the main character and Larry is most certainly not HIS ally.

Lets say in season 1 you side with Kenny as Lee a lot. At the st john farm Kenny helps you fight Danny. In episode 3 Kenny helps lift the door off you when zombies push it over onto you. He had the idea to even get the RV ready which is literally the only reason anyone in the group lived, and no one even wanted to come with him until there were zombies all around. If that isn't him being smart, I guess he got lucky. Real lucky. Those are just some of the good ones and that's a lot more than you can say for a lot of other characters.

Now he seems like he might be a little bit mentally unstable but he has been completely protective of Clementine so far, willing to do anything for her and trusting her like an equal. I think he deserves at least a little bit of credit. He's a dick to EVERYONE else still but not Clementine.

• I can only say... I would pick Kenny if the choice comes to it. I don't really get why Luke seemed so pissed when I choose to sit with Kenny. I mean, like "I" have known Kenny for years, and only know Luke for maybe a week or two. I'm still kind of amazed to actually see him alive. Yea, I always had hope that he was still alive, but actually seeing him, and knowing that he's still up to taking care of Clementine. It really means something. I don't think Kenny has changed much, other than he seem to be more stable an settled down now. Of course, knowing that Kenny is still not much of a talker about his past, maybe he will open up more again with Clem around. Still, I can imagine not wanting to talk about the past when it hurts so much. Still, he seems ready. I mean, since he first started talking to Clem about Lee, then it seems like his quite ready to talk about the past.

I like Luke, but I don't really know him well enough. He has stuck up for me when the others was arguing against me being bitten. Still, choosing Luke is like choosing Nick. I don't distrust him, and he seems like a nice guy. Still, I'm actually even surprised that he actually shot a guy. I mean, seriously. Nick is a terrible shooter, and he shot the guy standing next to us? Even if he meant or didn't mean to shoot him. The fact that he even took a chance like that... knowing he could likely miss and hit either me or Luke... and the fact he shot first without asking. It's quite dangerous. Nick became actually quite mad at me for not sticking with him when he shot that guy, then when I told him that the guy seemed nice... then he seemed to understand why I didn't support his action. Tough I made Walter forgive him for what he did.

Still... I don't know what choices would be next time... due to the fact how the game ended...

Add Comment