User Avatar Image

Season 3: The Same Old?

posted by Guybrush Threepwood on - last edited - Viewed by 804 users
[CENTER]image[/CENTER]

We've been to the street, the office, Bosco's and Sybil's for two seasons now, so how do you think these locations should be changed for the third season? Should Bosco's and Sybil's be changed completely, or would you be happy with minor changes? Would more items added to the office satisfy your need for change?

I personally think that all the locations I've suggested need a big revamp. If you think about it, when buying a sequel to a non-episodic retail game, you never expect to visit places you did in the first game. Take Monkey Island for example - you didn't visit the same place again in each game (except places such as the SCUMM Bar, but they had been fully redesigned to fit the graphical requirements of the game).

I'd probably be okay with the office changing to the same level as it did from season one to season two, because you hardly ever need to go in there, but for places that Sam & Max are often visiting I'd be pretty let-down if there wasn't something majorly different about them.

What about you?
61 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah...lets not forget that they might abandon sybil or bosco's: thres a new inhabitant: maimtron 9000!
  • I don't know. Maybe Bosco will build a bigger store/building with all his money?
  • I think they should remodel the entire neighborhood, and allow us to explore the outside of Sam & Max's office, like in HtR. Also there should be a new neighbor, and like a lot of stuff should be changed such as Sybil's office, Bosco's store, Stinky's Diner and more! Sam & Max should be better then ever in Season 3!
  • Guybrush Threepwood;86443 said:
    If you think about it, when buying a sequel to a non-episodic retail game, you never expect to visit places you did in the first game.
    That's not necessarily true. The Ace Attorney games all had the office/detention center/police department that you always went to every single game. Banjo-Tooie started in the same place as Banjo-Kazooie. If I recall correctly, Pikmin 2 had a couple of the same places as Pikmin 1, but redesigned to reflect changes over time to the terrain. Those are just a few examples off the top of my head.
  • TrogLlama;86460 said:
    The Ace Attorney games all had the office/detention center/police department that you always went to every single game.

True, but they got criticised for it. The other games you listed are much bigger in scale though, and have more locations for you to visit and don't have you constantly going back there.
  • Stinky's should be taken over by Starbucks! Nah, that's too realistic.
  • Harley Quinn;86469 said:
    Stinky's should be taken over by Starbucks! Nah, that's too realistic.
    Stinky should overtake Starbucks! The first step in her inevitable world domination in the future.
  • I want a 2d hand-painted cel-style season 3!! (LOVED the first two seasons visually.. not complaining!) But it would be amazing to see a more "Curse of Monkey Island" style for a third game. Or possibly a full non-episodic self-contained adventure.
  • I can't imagine such an enterprise would be in any way possible given the adventure game market these days.
  • How about we save the major explorations for a new genre of Sam & Max game! Like some kind of wonky rpg or first person shooter! I mean, Sam & Max doesn't always have to just be a click-and-point type game right?
Add Comment