Most shocking death so far? (SEASON 1 SPOILERS)

edited March 2014 in The Walking Dead

For you what came as the biggest shock and unexpected death so far?

For me it was when Lily shot Carley. I remember the first time playing it, my brother was sat next to me watching i was letting the scene play out, choosing the options etc whilst me and him were talking and then BAM she gets shot dead. Me and my brother just went silent like the characters on the game did. It was at this point i truly loved this game, as bad as her death was, the shock factor hit me the way it should. Utterly brilliant writing.

What are your shock death moments?

Comments

• Lee getting bit.

• Ben getting stabbed.

• Omid getting shot

• Walter's death ... happens pretty fast ... and i was just ... What the fuck

• edited March 2014

Larry.

One

Two

Three

Kenny: "Your going to get us all killed!"

Four

Five

Alt text

Lee:Kenny WHAT THE FU**!!!

I was just speechless. God you can see... brains? Beside his body...

• "You're fucking worthless, Lee!"

Larry. One Two Three Kenny: "Your going to get us all killed!" Four Five ......... Lee:Kenny WHAT THE FU**!!! I was just speechless. God you can see... brains? Beside his body...

• So did you and you brother leave lilly on the road or? Just curious.

• Carley/Doug's death and Omid's death.

• Carley. Didn't see it coming at all.

• Omid's death felt the most... sudden also with Carley's, but Omid's was totally... useless and yet realistic.
    I dont know but in season 1 almost all deaths felt like there is a justification or they are being build up to them by... things and stuff. Omid's was.. not.

• For me it'd have to be when lily shot carley aswell, and also katjaa's suicide. That was pretty shocking seeing as we'd already lost 2 characters before hand in that same episode.

• walter and omid. i hope christas not dead though...

• Ouch. Harsh.

Rafoli posted: »

"You're fucking worthless, Lee!"

• What made that even MORE frustrating was that if you give him 4-5 chest pumps before Kenny smashes his head in, you see Larry breathe...

Larry. One Two Three Kenny: "Your going to get us all killed!" Four Five ......... Lee:Kenny WHAT THE FU**!!! I was just speechless. God you can see... brains? Beside his body...

• Definitely Carley/Doug, Omid, Katjaa and well...Lee :'(

Also maybe Brie but who cares really. (Sorry Brie fans? if any?)

• Maybe.

But maybe it wasn't 'alive' breathing.

I don't know if zombies breathe (being dead and all), but they kinda have to, because they couldn't make noises otherwise.

I think Larry was about to turn and not to live.

Deceptio posted: »

What made that even MORE frustrating was that if you give him 4-5 chest pumps before Kenny smashes his head in, you see Larry breathe...

• yea :( it was a sudden reaction by a girl trying to live in the apocalypse. She heard the door which immediately made her react by shooting the gun at Omid. (It's even worse when you know that Omid's name means 'hope' in Persian.)

Omid's death felt the most... sudden also with Carley's, but Omid's was totally... useless and yet realistic. I dont know but in

• I was angry at the time so i left her on the side of the road

Kartal5 posted: »

So did you and you brother leave lilly on the road or? Just curious.

• Yes Katjaa's death was shocking and unexpected too

Arvalis posted: »

For me it'd have to be when lily shot carley aswell, and also katjaa's suicide. That was pretty shocking seeing as we'd already lost 2 characters before hand in that same episode.

• And now for some reason when I see salt lick on dead Larry I hear Kenny in my mind saying "Its just a scratch! Hes not like the others!"

• Carley/Doug for sure. Really didn't expect that.

• katjaa's death, ben's death - impaled on metal rods, Biers and Doug's death

• edited March 2014

Larry only breathes like that if you pump his chest enough times. If you don't, he stays still.

The same amount of time passes in each situation, ergo we can assume that, unless pumping his chest speeds up the turning process for no apparent reason, Larry was in fact breathing alive.

I mean, Kenny was still protecting the group and arguably doing the right, safe thing, but Larry would have lived.

Maybe. But maybe it wasn't 'alive' breathing. I don't know if zombies breathe (being dead and all), but they kinda have to, because they couldn't make noises otherwise. I think Larry was about to turn and not to live.

• I know I know, everyone will say "Yeah that's obvious!". It had to be Lee's death. He was this bad ass dude who I thought was indestructable. It was just a shock to watch as my hero got bit before my eyes. It was so tragic that at his death I cried and for a couple weeks I was sad... He was truly a hero.

• You're probably right, but maybe the chestpumping made him 'active'.

But no, he didn't feel anymore if he was a zombie.

I'm still sticking with zombie Larry, even if your points are better :P

;)

Flog61 posted: »

Larry only breathes like that if you pump his chest enough times. If you don't, he stays still. The same amount of time passes

• Are you sure your love of Kenny is not interefering with your sense of reason here? :p

But seriously, there's no reason to think that chestpumping makes someone turn fast. At least, this hasn't ever been mentioned before in the comics.

You're probably right, but maybe the chestpumping made him 'active'. But no, he didn't feel anymore if he was a zombie. I'm still sticking with zombie Larry, even if your points are better :P

• No, I think what Kenny did was wrong.

He should have waited until Larry was either breathing or attacking them.

Larry was probably alive, but maybe he really already had turned.

Flog61 posted: »

Are you sure your love of Kenny is not interefering with your sense of reason here? But seriously, there's no reason to think that chestpumping makes someone turn fast. At least, this hasn't ever been mentioned before in the comics.

• Carley definitely

Sign in to comment in this discussion.