Your ideal survivors for the end of season 2

We have very few ways of guessing who Telltale will spare, and who Telltale will put down, in the next three episodes. (Worst case scenario: Everyone dies).

All the same, it's kind of morbidly fun to speculate who will pull through, and where their relationships with Clementine will be by the end. Personally, I'd love to see something a little more ambiguous than last season's conclusion, with Clementine's survival ultimately left for the player to interpret. After a long, gruelling battle in some harsh, snowy environment, Clem could faint out of sheer exhaustion. But then the scene would cut to Clem in a brighter, happier place: She could be building a snowman with Sarita's help, while somewhere close by, Kenny (or Luke, depending on a determinant choice in an earlier episode) shovels a fresh path from a house not dissimilar from the one where Lee first came across Clementine. Is it reality, or Clem's final, wishful "death dream?" It depends on whether you're in an optimistic or pessimistic mood at the time.

...and yes, this idea came to me after I watched Romero's DAY OF THE DEAD yet again. But come on, who wouldn't want this song playing over episode 5's end credits?

Comments

• I'd rather have a clear ending that clem survived, than a maybe its just a dream or she's dead thing. If the ending is just her continuing her journey then that is okay with me, however I really hope someone else lives too maybe even determinant.

To answer your question the group I want clem to be with at the end. (that I see actually being possible and I am open to it just being a one of many endings thing)

Clem, Luke,Nick,Christa and Sarah. Maybe even Christa is taking care of Rebbeca's baby.

• edited March 2014

I don't know that might be cool to see where Clem is alone and collapses due to exhaustion and the cold and maybe in a dream-like sequence she comes across everyone she ever loved? I don't know maybe but it doesn't seem like TT's style. It would be great to have Clem continuing her journey and I would prefer that but I think whatever ending TT gives us, I'll love (I hope).
    And yes, with the group we have now, that being: Clem, Luke, Kenny, Sarita, Carlos, Sarah, Rebecca, Alvin (determinant) and Nick (determinant) and if you want, Carver, Bonnie and Troy; I think the following will survive:
    -Clem and Luke/Kenny (determinant)
    (I swear the rest, I feel, will die some horrible way or another which is going to be awful.) Maybe Carlos will survive but I think he or Sarah will die and that will greatly affect the other person who may or may not die themselves. Alvin and Nick are a determinant deaths so they'll be dead later on if not dead already. Rebecca may or may not die from childbirth, I have no idea. It feels like Sarita will be killed off just to hurt Kenny even more. Carver (at least for now) is an antagonist and we know what happened to the last antagonist who threatened us...(the stranger and Lee incident). Lastly, Troy is so minor, he's probably going to die and Bonnie...I'm sorry Bonnie but I feel like her death will be a shock.
    I'm most likely wrong and a few of the characters (which are pretty much all...) who I think are going to die will live in the end.

• I'm not sure any of the current group will survive except for Clem to be honest :/

• Wait? You're not a troll? No Boombox Cheetos???

Alt text

• I think that Clems gonna have to go through the Lee thing again, only this time its Luke or Kenny

• edited March 2014

I can't really say for sure, but I think Clem is going to survive, and probably Rebecca's unborn child. TT already got rid of a baby, I doubt they'll pull the same card again. If they do, I'm sure it'll be pretty depressing, and we'll be there to see it this time instead of it happening off-screen like with Christa's.

I'm hoping that Christa, Nick, and Sarah will survive. Pretty sure that Carlos, Alvin, Sarita, and Troy will be offed somehow. I'm really certain that either Sarah or Carlos is going to die, and one of them will be completely broken by the death of the other.
    The rest... I dunno. Carver will likely die since he's the antagonist, but I doubt he'll be going anywhere for a few episodes, he was only just introduced. I have a feeling that TT is gonna go a different route with his character than just the typical tyrannical dictator, that would be way too similar to the Governor anyways..

• edited March 2014

That's an interesting ending scenario, though I fail to see how the dreamlike scene could be taken as reality. Optimism has nothing to do with it, it just wouldn't make sense.

Keeping in line with your idea of her blacking out from exhaustion I personally think a better idea from an ambiguous perspective would be:

She hears a familiar voice calling her name even in her vegetative, lethargic state. It's morphed and muffled slightly so we can't make out exactly who it is. We see her eye lids start to peel open (from a first person view point) and they reveal a bright blue sky with soft clouds rolling in from one direction pushing small white snow flakes across the screen. The trees around her loom over like they're about to fall and bury her beneath their mass. The depressing nature of their shadows are only overcome by the bright backdrop of yellows and reds from the setting sun. We hear her name called again, stronger, closer, clearer. It's Luke/Christa/Kenny/etc. We hear the footsteps in the hardened snow ice. The shadow of an arm crosses the ground. And as her eye lids completely open... they snap shut again.

Fade to black.

Long, noticeable, deep exhale

In the blackness and silence. "Hey, Sweet Pea."

• Clem, Sarah, Luke,Nick,Bonnie and Carver. I do not like anyone else. I would like to see Lily and Molly show up at some point.

• Ha, that happened to my forum!

Sarangholic posted: »

Wait? You're not a troll? No Boombox Cheetos???

• Clementine and Luke.

• Clem, Kenny, Molly, Lilly, Christa, Luke, Nick, Sarah, Sarita, you know what.... Everyone!

• I don't think they'd pull the same trick again but if they did, it'd be awful.

I think that Clems gonna have to go through the Lee thing again, only this time its Luke or Kenny

• Clementine, Sarita, Kenny, and Sarah. I don't care about the rest of the cast in this season

• [removed]

• edited March 2014

Clem and Kenny...

(and maybe Christa, if she is still alive!)

• that sounds perfect to me. I think everyone else that you did not name will either disappear and return next season, or die

I'd rather have a clear ending that clem survived, than a maybe its just a dream or she's dead thing. If the ending is just her co

• clem, chirsta, carlos and sarah, luke and of course my boi kenny

• Ideally, Clem, Christa, Luke, and Rebecca's baby would be the "final party," so to speak. This would give back to Clementine what she had at the very beginning of this season with Christa and Omid before everything went to hell. A family.

• I'm predicting right now that at some point, probably in the finale, we're going to have to pick between saving Kenny or Luke. Whoever we pick will survive the season at the end. As for Nick / Alvin - I'm thinking Alvin will die either way (perhaps in episode 3) and Nick is possible to keep alive until the finale.

• [removed]

• I think since Nick can die, i don't see him surviving to the end.. Just sayin'..

I'd rather have a clear ending that clem survived, than a maybe its just a dream or she's dead thing. If the ending is just her co

• Nick can die.. I don't see him surviving to the end....

• Christa, Luke & Clementine

• Wishfull thinking!

But we both know Telltale gonna kill of Sarah and/or Carlos sooner or later!

Green613 posted: »

clem, chirsta, carlos and sarah, luke and of course my boi kenny

• Clem, Kenny, Luke and Sarah.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.