User Avatar Image

Help me please (save file import stuff ps3)

posted by bbmalcolm on - Viewed by 1.5K users

Hi, i have recently finished season 1 of the walking dead including 400 days on disc and then downloaded season 2 episodes 1&2 on the playstation store and tried to play but said that it couldnt locate my season one save files what can I do about this? I'm in Australia if that helps...

9 Comments
  • User Avatar Image
    TelltaleMike Telltale Staff

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this. Please note that we are currently looking into the issue, and hope to have a fix released in the near future. As of now, there is a workaround to allow players to use their saves and play Season Two with their Season One saves. If you are still experiencing the issue:

1. Please delete Season Two and any game data/save data that is associated with it from the Game Data Utility menu, and the Save Data Utility menu on the Playstation's XMB.
    2. Download and install Season Two Episode 1, as well as the Unlock Key again from the Playstation Store, and start the game.
    3. Then choose to import your saves from Season One.
    4. After importing your saves into Season Two, you will be able to play through Episode 1.
    5. Then after completing Episode 1, you will be able to download and install Episode 2, and continue your save from there.

Please note that we are currently looking further into the issue, and hope to have it resolved in the near future. I apologize for any difficulties this may cause you, while we are still looking into the issue.

• Instead of opening a new thread, I'll use this as it's along the same lines.

There appears to be 2 bugs related to save files that I found last night.

1. Firstly, the game can no longer find my Season 1 save files when I start Season 2. I loaded up Season 1, no apparent problem, Season 2 just can't recognise them.

2. Having played through Season 2, I wanted to do so again, so I attempted to copy my existing Season 2 file. The option to copy has disappeared and under my original save it now says "Game not installed" or words to that effect.

The end result of all this is that I'm now unable to play the game again, unless I want to copy over and ruin the integrity of my original play through.

• User Avatar Image

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you have played through both Episode 1 and Episode 2 of Season Two already, the only current way to start a new play through is to follow my above steps of deleting your save data, as well as your game data of Season Two from your console, and then re-download and install the game from the Playstation Store, import your Season One saves, and play through Episode 1 before downloading and installing Episode 2 again. Please note this is an issue we are currently looking into, and hope to have a fix out for it in the near future. I apologize for any difficulties this may cause you while we look further into why this is occurring.

• Thx for this dude. I ran into this problem on my kids PS3 too.

No problems with the PC version for me though, I just checked..

I'll try this PS3 fix now. :)

• User Avatar Image

Yes, this issue is isolated to the PS3 in the EU region. It will not occur on PC, Xbox, or NA region PS3. I apologize for any difficulties caused by this as we look further into the issue.

• I've bought season 2 today, and finished season 1 and 400 days today. But I when I want to start episode 1 and try to import the save of season 1, it's somehow unable to find it. I've bought for both seasons a season pass on the playstation store, so that shouldn't be a problem. I'm from the EU region, I've read that more people from this region has the same problem. I hope the problem get fixed soon. But aside from this, they're really good games!

• User Avatar Image

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this. Please note that we are currently looking into the issue, and hope to have a fix released in the near future. As of now, there is a workaround that will allow players to use their saves and play Season 2/Episode 2. For those of you still experiencing the issue:

1. Please delete Season Two and any game data/save data that is associated with it from the Game Data Utility menu, and the Save Data Utility menu on the Playstation's XMB.
      2. Make sure you are connected to the internet, and download and install Season Two Episode 1, as well as the Unlock Key again from the Playstation Store, and start the game. (Make sure to download and install the latest update for the game when it pops up)
      3. Then choose to import your saves from Season One.
      4. After importing your saves into Season Two, you will be able to play through Episode 1.
      5. Then after completing Episode 1, you will be able to download and install Episode 2, and continue your save from there.

Please note that we are currently looking further into the issue, and hope to have it resolved in the near future. I apologize for any difficulties this may cause you, while we are still looking into the issue.

This discussion has been closed.