Am I the only one,who is disappointed in TV series?

edited March 2014 in The Walking Dead

So, after watching Season Finale with my dad, we thought. Huh, after every episode the same feeling: wow, people talking shit, 1 action scene, and cliffhanger. I mean this is only mine and my dad's opinion about Tv series. To us, its gettin' really monotonous. But what about you guys? I know there is going to be a lot of opinion's, Respect everyone's opinion people!

Comments

• You are not the only one disappointed, TRUST ME. But I am not one of the disappointed.

• I think it was pretty good.

• same, but if you read the comics you know everyting that will happen, so much of the episdoe wasnt shocking to me. like rick bitting the neck,i knew that was gana happen. carl getting almost raped, i knew that was gana happen.

I think it was pretty good.

• What did you think of the ending? Felt empty to me :l

I think it was pretty good.

• edited March 2014

I knew dat was gaaaaaannnaaaaaa happen

Best word ever.

same, but if you read the comics you know everyting that will happen, so much of the episdoe wasnt shocking to me. like rick bitting the neck,i knew that was gana happen. carl getting almost raped, i knew that was gana happen.

• I quite liked it. The first(and only, I guess) fighting scene was super intense. The rest of it was pretty ok. It wasn't the best season finale ever, but it was ok. The finale "They're messing with the wrong people!" thing was super cheesy though.
    It kind of didn't feel like a finale though, at least to me. Finales typically have... At least SOME kind of resolve to them, but this one didn't. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is also the first season finale that no one died in?

• I quite liked it. The first(and only, I guess) fighting scene was super intense. The rest of it was pretty ok. It wasn't the best season finale ever, but it was ok. The finale "They're messing with the wrong people!" thing was super cheesy though.
    It kind of didn't feel like a finale though, at least to me. Finales typically have... At least SOME kind of resolve to them, but this one didn't. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is also the first season finale that no one died in?

• One action scene? You didn't even count them. Character development sucks though I agree, more zombie killing right?

• I think the issue was the ending. It was bad so people see the whole episode and season as bad.

Season 2 was the slowest thing ever but both mid and final episode had great endings so people loved it. Overall this is my favourite season so far the development has been great.

• Not really, they actually change lots. They can't win with fans, people whine if they do and whine whine if they don't

same, but if you read the comics you know everyting that will happen, so much of the episdoe wasnt shocking to me. like rick bitting the neck,i knew that was gana happen. carl getting almost raped, i knew that was gana happen.

• edited March 2014

Well I enjoy all the episodes. Some more then others. I love everything about it, from the conversations, to the zombie killing. Its actually probably my favorite show because its just awesome! Even now the people that Rick talked to are with him like we saw in the finale with Hershel. I like it mainly because I just love zombies and I enjoy seeing people's stories unfold, how they survive, and how long they live.

Why do you say talking shit? The Walking Dead Game is full of dialogue and "talking shit."

• I like the episode. There are touching moments between the characters and I like the scene where RIck talks to Daryl after they reunite. He acknowledge him as a brother and it was heartwarming for Daryl, since he finally found his family again.

Overall, I like Season 4, it was certainly better than the other seasons when it comes to character development. My main issue with it are the pacing can be frustrating at times.

I can't wait for Season 5, but at least we have the Telltale game to keep us occupied and on the edge of our chairs. :)

• The scene where Rick tore that guy's jugular out was pretty awesome. But yeah, I know what you mean when you say, "Monotonous." I feel like they've used up all their ideas. I was expecting someone major to die, but that'll probably be in the next episode. I think Beth might be eaten for breakfast in the next season.(Which sucks because I love her) And it'll be a situation like the St. John's where someone finds her all torn up and half alive. Or maybe it'll be a random person, but still. Gross.

• I guess it's that you can decide your story that gets me thinking, well this is just wasting time, but like I said its just a opinion! You have right to have your own :)

Well I enjoy all the episodes. Some more then others. I love everything about it, from the conversations, to the zombie killing. I

• Yeah, exactly! Something little more than a cheesy quote to me would do it. But yeah some people get pumped up some don't.

I quite liked it. The first(and only, I guess) fighting scene was super intense. The rest of it was pretty ok. It wasn't the best

• Well, technically Joe and his group died.

Although they weren't any sort of major characters, they were in an episode or two.

I quite liked it. The first(and only, I guess) fighting scene was super intense. The rest of it was pretty ok. It wasn't the best

• That was the comic quote, for the comic fans

jansai posted: »

Yeah, exactly! Something little more than a cheesy quote to me would do it. But yeah some people get pumped up some don't.

• Yes but its T.V show. You can't really decide what happens in it.

I guess it's that you can decide your story that gets me thinking, well this is just wasting time, but like I said its just a opinion! You have right to have your own

• There are lots of ideas, it follows the comic. People don't need to be killed in the finale ep, they already killed Hershel, The Gov, Lizzie and Mika which is four major characters, same as the previous Seasons. It's better than the shock value of S3 where characters were just killed before their arc was even developed much

EMMYPESS posted: »

The scene where Rick tore that guy's jugular out was pretty awesome. But yeah, I know what you mean when you say, "Monotonous." I

• Well yeah for me the fight were rick goes and bites who-ever-he-was, was the action. Trying to escape from Terminus didn't work for me.
    Nice point from Rick btw.. ''They're aiming for our legs'' not on those words but you get it.

Kryik posted: »

One action scene? You didn't even count them. Character development sucks though I agree, more zombie killing right?

• edited March 2014

when joe grabs rick i was like, rick is about to bit his neck. when the fat guy taped on carls window, i was like: hes gana try to rape carl but rick is going to stab him 37 times for trying to rape him.

Not really, they actually change lots. They can't win with fans, people whine if they do and whine whine if they don't

• mr to, they said they were gana have a huge cliff hanger but wasnt much of a cliff hanger to me.

What did you think of the ending? Felt empty to me :l

• edited March 2014

Good point, to each their own. I was really into the escape, only I saw that there were like a few mins of the ep left and was like "Oh right :o " Kind of made it less intense when I realised it'd be a full cliffhanger

Well yeah for me the fight were rick goes and bites who-ever-he-was, was the action. Trying to escape from Terminus didn't work for me. Nice point from Rick btw.. ''They're aiming for our legs'' not on those words but you get it.

• But that kills people :/

when joe grabs rick i was like, rick is about to bit his neck. when the fat guy taped on carls window, i was like: hes gana try to rape carl but rick is going to stab him 37 times for trying to rape him.

• in the comic he said "there f***** with the wrong people"

Well, technically Joe and his group died. Although they weren't any sort of major characters, they were in an episode or two.

• he said "there not trying to kill us ,there trying to shoot our feet"

Well yeah for me the fight were rick goes and bites who-ever-he-was, was the action. Trying to escape from Terminus didn't work for me. Nice point from Rick btw.. ''They're aiming for our legs'' not on those words but you get it.

• edited March 2014

The finale was pretty underwhelming in my opinion. The only good part was the action scene with Joe's group. Other than that it didn't even feel like a season finale. Honestly I liked the mid-season finale better.

• Well maybe they think it differently? So many opinions D:

mr to, they said they were gana have a huge cliff hanger but wasnt much of a cliff hanger to me.

• Thanks for the correct :)

he said "there not trying to kill us ,there trying to shoot our feet"

• edited March 2014

Alt text

But that kills people

• Now when you think of it.. I was excited when Carl were standing there all by himself. Thought they were gonna shoot him anyway of take as a hostage, that would have been interesting to see how it would have affected Rick.

Good point, to each their own. I was really into the escape, only I saw that there were like a few mins of the ep left and was like "Oh right " Kind of made it less intense when I realised it'd be a full cliffhanger

• You should have seen my dad's reaction.. ''Over 6 months?!'' D':

• np

Thanks for the correct

• edited March 2014

I know. I was replying to the last part of his post, the part that said this is the only season finale in which no one died.

in the comic he said "there f***** with the wrong people"

• I thought the season finale was typical, but the last line was pretty stupid. When Rick freaked out after finding the watch, seeing the riot gear and poncho, is it much of a stretch to think that one of the "Termites" put two and two together and thought that maybe this "Ringleader" knows the people they took that stuff from?

They're not going to feel stupid, Rick. They know.

• True, but I'm speaking about people from Rick's group. I'd hardly consider Joe and his group to be anywhere near main characters. :p

Well, technically Joe and his group died. Although they weren't any sort of major characters, they were in an episode or two.

• I guess the gun fight would count as half an action scene. Minus Rick shooting the first guy, it was fairly obvious the gun shots after that were just trying to herd the group into a corner.

One action scene? You didn't even count them. Character development sucks though I agree, more zombie killing right?

• i think the second half of season 4 was good but they definitely were my least favorite episodes of the tv series, and that finale didn't help either lol

• The show's far from perfect, but it's getting better. Season 4 was a vast improvement on season 3 (which i hated).

Sign in to comment in this discussion.