What games do you think is overrated?

GOUSTTTTGOUSTTTT Banned
edited April 2014 in General Chat

The title says it all, Please don't hate on me, It's just my opinion.

Resident Evil 4, I just don't see what is so special about RE4, It's not a bad game at all, It's pretty good but it's not Resident Evil.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, I love this game but is it the best game ever made? No XD

COD, Need I say more?

BioShock Infinite, I think Infinite is just some generic FPS with a story filled with plotholes, Not to mention it doesn't feel like Bioshock.

The Last of Us, I like the TLOU but the A.I is just laughable.

What games do all of you think is overrated?

Comments

• edited April 2014

I'll admit, I really don't care for Borderlands.

• I haven't really got an opinion on Borderlands, I never played it :P

I'll admit, I really don't care for Borderlands.

• Mario Kart.

• Pokemon, Mari Kart, Halo, Final Fantasy, Battlefield and Call Of Duty, Metal Gear (anything, Fifa, Killzone, Half Life, Team Fortress, Dota and LOL.

• What one? There is a lot of them XD

flesk posted: »

Mario Kart.

• GTA V is overrated, its alright but i found the story boring (not enough heists) and the online didn't include heists.

• It's kind of like Diablo with future-tech and wacky, offbeat humor. It's best played with friends or not at all. Being slightly drunk doesn't hurt either.

GOUSTTTT posted: »

I haven't really got an opinion on Borderlands, I never played it :P

• Two or three years ago, I would have said Call of Duty. But the series gets so much hate nowadays that it doesn't really count.

Battlefield, Final Fantasy, Gears of War all come to mind.

• I think it's a good game but it could have been so much better.

JonGon posted: »

GTA V is overrated, its alright but i found the story boring (not enough heists) and the online didn't include heists.

• GOUSTTTTGOUSTTTT Banned
    edited April 2014

As I think of it, I did try to play it by myself once & I got bored pretty fast :P

BigBlindMax posted: »

It's kind of like Diablo with future-tech and wacky, offbeat humor. It's best played with friends or not at all. Being slightly drunk doesn't hurt either.

• Borderlands, Assassin's Creed, Final Fantasy games after 9.

• The online heists will come out sometime in spring, apparently, whenever that is.

JonGon posted: »

GTA V is overrated, its alright but i found the story boring (not enough heists) and the online didn't include heists.

• edited April 2014

Assassin's Creed all the way, they should've stopped after AC3 or 4. I even recall hearing that Ubisoft themselves said that they were going stop the franchise, but of course, they're just gonna continue milking the games for more moolah. There's L.A. Noire too. Really overrated actually, though I played the hell out of that game.

• GOUSTTTTGOUSTTTT Banned
    edited April 2014

I agree, Assassin's Creed should have stopped with AC4, I would have said it should have stopped with AC3 but that game is just too bad to end a series with.

Assassin's Creed all the way, they should've stopped after AC3 or 4. I even recall hearing that Ubisoft themselves said that they

• I never played Final Fantasy, I hear 6&7 is the best ones.

Borderlands, Assassin's Creed, Final Fantasy games after 9.

• edited April 2014

That's why I'm super excited for Watch Dogs! It's fresh, it's new, and more importantly, it isn't another Assassin's Creed. Plus, it takes place in a near future Chicago! You know, since a lot of games overuse the New York setting a lot. :P

I agree, Assassin's Creed should have stopped with AC4, I would have said it should have stopped with AC3 but that game is just too bad to end a series with.

• I can't wait for Watch Dogs! It looks so cool :D

since a lot of games overuse the New York setting a lot

Tell me about it, I want a Game based in Japan for once :D

That's why I'm super excited for Watch Dogs! It's fresh, it's new, and more importantly, it isn't another Assassin's Creed. Plus, it takes place in a near future Chicago! You know, since a lot of games overuse the New York setting a lot. :P

• Dat hype train, dude, dat hype train...

Japan would be cool for a setting, no scary ghost games in my opinion, because I'm sure that a lot of Japanese developers made a lot of those already haha.

I can't wait for Watch Dogs! It looks so cool since a lot of games overuse the New York setting a lot Tell me about it, I want a Game based in Japan for once

• The Yakuza series takes place in Japan. It's....well, pretty bizarre to be honest.

I can't wait for Watch Dogs! It looks so cool since a lot of games overuse the New York setting a lot Tell me about it, I want a Game based in Japan for once

• Essentially every Call of Duty after World at War, Last of Us, Borderlands, every Resident Evil.

• edited April 2014

Best games are TLOU and Bioshock Infinite lol but respect your opinion can understand why

Walking Dead Survival Instinct didn't play but videos are just hilarious so bad

Arkham Origins really let me down first time batman bored me the bosses were class everything else copy and pasted BORING

Assasin Creed Black Flag I'm an Assasin not pirate hated playing battleships ruined one of my favorite franchises with this installment

Bonderlands Colourful just hated the shooting everything jumping around just keep shooting and hope for the best no precision

GTA V Shooting mechanism just ruined the game for me couldn't see the dot just didn't enjoy it boring traded it in without completing

COD was massive fanboy as kid till played something else realised it was worst shooter out there

Deus Ex Couldn't shoot anything even when aimed straight at the target hated it

Syphon filter or something

Jak and Dexter just couldn't get into them Crash way better

Expand more

Love this thread thumb for you

• LOL at your reasoning for hating Deus Ex.(Greatest game ever)

My friend had survival instinct. I played for probably an hour, just pushing zombies into a combine at a saw mill until I died.

Markd4547 posted: »

Best games are TLOU and Bioshock Infinite lol but respect your opinion can understand why Walking Dead Survival Instinct didn't

• Know lol played it so long ago for about 25 minutes couldn't kill a thing and all headshots but hardly remember it just that hated it.

LOL at your reasoning for hating Deus Ex.(Greatest game ever) My friend had survival instinct. I played for probably an hour, just pushing zombies into a combine at a saw mill until I died.

• Best games are TLOU and Bioshock Infinite lol but respect your opinion can understand why

I think TLOU is good but they really need to work on the A.I...

Best games are TLOU and Bioshock Infinite lol but respect your opinion can understand why Walking Dead Survival Instinct didn't

• edited April 2014

lol Agree was lots of bugs even if went backwards in a level to just see so many glitches like seeing through the roof and not sure if it's a glitch but every time faced lots of enemies just got there attention ran behind a door then minute they walked through blew there heads off couldn't see me. Still my favorite thought thanks for the share

Best games are TLOU and Bioshock Infinite lol but respect your opinion can understand why I think TLOU is good but they really need to work on the A.I...

• edited April 2014

Mark, you do realize that you could change the aiming crosshair in the options for GTA V, right?

Meaning that you could change the way it looked instead of having it being a little white dot all the time, besides, if you had trouble aiming in that game, there is an option for you to turn on auto-aim. (soft-lock or hard-lock aiming)

And how dare you diss my precious Borderlands? I shall destroy you with my dragon powers! XD But seriously, it's a good game, amazing art style and all that, it's pretty much the only game series that's keeping Gearbox alive right now.

• edited April 2014

AUTO AIM!!! DO YOU THINK IM A CHILD lol but seriously getting borderlands on the vita so giving it another chance as for gta still meh to much effort in that open world all about Red dead redemption, Max Payne 3,Bully and The warriors are best rockstar games rest are fillers lol

Mark, you do realize that you could change the aiming crosshair in the options for GTA V, right? Meaning that you could change

• I thought everyone hated Arkham Origins and WD: Survival Instinct.
    I did a charity run where we auctioned off a signed copy of WD:SI and a couple other signed games. Thought with the WD fan base SI would be a slam dunk for fundraising, it only got some $50 donated to it's raffle.

• Since I mentioned Gearbox above, there is a game that everyone hated, a lot, so much that they wished it probably never even existed in the first place. Should I dare say it? Or shouldn't I? I think I shall, as I'll be risking everything by destroying the entire space/time continuum.

It is...

Aliens: Colonial Marines.

(looks around nervously)

Phew, the universe didn't destroy itself when I mentioned that monstrous creation. It is that bad, you all know what I'm talking about.

• Hey, what about Manhunt, eh? Those were good games too! :D And yes, Red Dead is still pretty rad, I should play it again someday, Max Payne 3 however, I played the campaign dozens of times, at least it felt like it. As for Bully... Mark, I need your Bully copy now!

AUTO AIM!!! DO YOU THINK IM A CHILD lol but seriously getting borderlands on the vita so giving it another chance as for gta still

• edited April 2014

Even playing as Daryl himself in the game couldn't bring in that much cash for your fundraiser, that game was laughable, heh.

shaggyrand posted: »

I thought everyone hated Arkham Origins and WD: Survival Instinct. I did a charity run where we auctioned off a signed copy of W

• edited April 2014

Alt text

I don't have any of them anymore lost them as for manhunt was banned in my country(Ireland)

Hey, what about Manhunt, eh? Those were good games too! And yes, Red Dead is still pretty rad, I should play it again someday, Ma

• edited April 2014

I'm sure you could get still Manhunt or any other game that you can't get from a online retail site, like Amazon for example. But I never had any experience from ordering stuff online, so I have no idea how that'll turn out for you. :P

I don't have any of them anymore lost them as for manhunt was banned in my country(Ireland)

• edited April 2014

Overrated(Enjoyed this game but ok mention it but still loved it)

Beyond Two Souls

After Heavy Rain expected more in this game in terms of decision changing story's also anytime failed a QTE event or scene was no second chance and affects story loved this and when saw Ellen Page though one thing once see big celeb who never was in a game before means take shortcuts and thats how turned out

• Big decisions have no affect on story next chapter will still be exact same
    • 70% cutscenes hardly any gameplay
    • Story was class but so random didn't make sense and not in good way like bioshock infinite
    • Can't fail QTE even press wrong buttons still win JUST STUPID takes all the intensity out of the edge of your seat heavy rain QTE's
    • Absolutely no challenge like interactive movie couldn't fail
    • No puzzles like heavy rain
    • Shorter then heavy rain
    • Sometimes so clique and cheesy

Underrated Games(think anyway)

1. Call Of Juarez Gunslinger arcade game only 5 euro recommend get this just class

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHh2RHuswqA

• edited April 2014

Oh. So bad. I'm really hard pressed to think of a worse game. This was a copy signed by Reedus & Rooker also. I figured that SOMEONE would at least want that. I was so very very wrong.

Even playing as Daryl himself in the game couldn't bring in that much cash for your fundraiser, that game was laughable, heh.

• edited April 2014

Madden. Even as the solo NFL game. I did not like the boss fights in Arkham Asylum (even the Scarecrow encounters were interesting and cool, but there was it any fighting.). They were too repetitive. Maybe I'm biased because I did play AC GOTY first.

• 7 is the most overrated one. I stopped liking the series after 10.

I never played Final Fantasy, I hear 6&7 is the best ones.

• Lol, Jak and Daxter is the shit, man. Better than any Jump 'n Run games combined. Yes, even Crash. I said it. Would take a Jak 4 over TLOU, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Sly or Crash Bandicoot every day.

• edited April 2014

Alt text

Damn that is hardcore Jak 4 over all them games thumb for you for honesty

Lol, Jak and Daxter is the shit, man. Better than any Jump 'n Run games combined. Yes, even Crash. I said it. Would take a Jak 4 over TLOU, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Sly or Crash Bandicoot every day.

• "70% cutscenes hardly any gameplay" Maybe not the right forum to post that on as Beyond Two Souls has way more gameplay than any telltale game after the walking dead.

Overrated(Enjoyed this game but ok mention it but still loved it) Beyond Two Souls After Heavy Rain expected more in this ga

Sign in to comment in this discussion.