What made you change your opinion on Carlos in Episode 2 ?

ImSnowWhiteImSnowWhite Banned
edited April 2014 in The Walking Dead

The Title

Comments

• Nothing. He still locked Clem in a shed knowing she faced death head on. I hope Carver breaks a few more fingers on the walk home.

Crack

Was that a twig? No, Carlos' last remaining useful finger.

• Honestly, I didn't.

• PS: I don't honestly hope Carver punishes him further. Carlos just hasn't redeemed himself for jeopardizing Clementine's life.

Viva-La-Lee posted: »

Nothing. He still locked Clem in a shed knowing she faced death head on. I hope Carver breaks a few more fingers on the walk home. Crack Was that a twig? No, Carlos' last remaining useful finger.

• Hated his shirt in Ep1 , now i love it!

• Episode 2 changed alot of my opinions on the characters. So job well done.
    As for Carlos, I liked him a little better. The bar was set a little low in the first episode.

• I still feel the same way about him. He isnt a great character, but also not a bad one. He's okay, just needs to work on his doctoring skills.

• He SPIT in Carver's face!

• How are his physician skills lacking might I ask?

Rylee posted: »

I still feel the same way about him. He isnt a great character, but also not a bad one. He's okay, just needs to work on his doctoring skills.

• edited April 2014

He cant tell a dogs bite from a humans.

How are his physician skills lacking might I ask?

• I saw the word in red...... Exaculy what i was thinking.

Nothing, he is still a genius! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWzWMWeCUn4

• him all a suddenly trusting and caring about clem. also him standing up to carver

• With the amount of tearing and blood mushing out, flailing flesh and other uniditifyables I doubt many could specifically identify what kind of animal bite it was.

He cant tell a dogs bite from a humans.

• His shirt?

Hated his shirt in Ep1 , now i love it!

• My opinion didn't really change for him I'm still not very fond of him but I went downstairs when he was being tortured b/c I wasn't letting Carver do that any longer and because I didn't want Sarah to watch that anymore

• I second this.

He SPIT in Carver's face!

• He took Carver's torture like a boss, and saved my life during the fight with the walkers.

He's still dumb, though.

• edited April 2014

He's still dumb, though.

That line caught me off guard lol

Rock114 posted: »

He took Carver's torture like a boss, and saved my life during the fight with the walkers. He's still dumb, though.

• edited April 2014

I HATED him all the way from the beginning because of the bite incident (best doctor ever!), and then that hatred got two people killed in the final scene. Still don't like him, but i guess i'll have to learn to be nice to him. Or else something bad might happen.

• edited April 2014

Carlos saved Clem's life by shooting those two or three walkers that were about to attack her when she ran out of bullets, didn't he? That makes it kind of a wash to me.

PS: I don't honestly hope Carver punishes him further. Carlos just hasn't redeemed himself for jeopardizing Clementine's life.

• YOU GOT ALVIN KILLED!?

HailTWD posted: »

I HATED him all the way from the beginning because of the bite incident (best doctor ever!), and then that hatred got two people k

• I like Carlos now, simply because now we know he isn't always a prick like he was in episode 1. He isn't gonna be on my top ten favorite characters anytime soon, but...

• edited April 2014

Well him saving her life in that situation is debatable. Even if it were not I still don't consider it a wash. He put her in a dark, secluded, unprotected shed, which by itself isn't nice, in which he knew she could die a painful death from infection or at very least be put in a situation where she would be 'put down' for having a fever they could easily have prevented with a small dab of disinfectant. Two trigger pulls and two bullets doesn't make up for such a dark, uncaring, terrible, disrespectful, degrading, and simply mean action and thought process. I'll consider it a wash when he thinks of himself in the same light, or at least does more to prove that those actions don't show his true colors.

When the going gets tough, Carlos better get going :p

EDIT: I guess to me saving someone with no threat to the self carries much less weight than the negative of directly putting them in danger in the first place (especially in such a manner as he did).

DomeWing333 posted: »

Carlos saved Clem's life by shooting those two or three walkers that were about to attack her when she ran out of bullets, didn't he? That makes it kind of a wash to me.

• Hahahha I loled so hard

Nothing, he is still a genius! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWzWMWeCUn4

• He wasn't just jeproadizing her life, he was basically trying to kill her. Any doctor too stupid or uncompromising to follow basic first-aid practices deserves to get his/her fingers broken.

PS: I don't honestly hope Carver punishes him further. Carlos just hasn't redeemed himself for jeopardizing Clementine's life.

• edited April 2014

I've grown to admire his dispropportionately huge balls.

• When he said "Clem get inside!" Showing that he cares for her.

• Right after saving her life

When he said "Clem get inside!" Showing that he cares for her.

• edited April 2014

The same exact thing that made me change my opinion on the group as whole. At first they treated me badly because I was a stranger and there was a chance that I was walker bitten and/or a member of carver's group.

But as soon as they concluded that I was neither of those they completely turned a 180 and offered company. Me, a total stranger who they had no obligation to keep with them. I just couldn't find it in me to throw that kindness back at their faces.

As for Carlos specifically. It turned out he wasn't really a jerk.(just an overprotective father) his good fighting during the walker attack and his standing up to Carver were big pluses too. The only negative thing about him is his common sense dumbness. But that's never been much of a bother since I liked Ben. And I like Nick. Why wouldn't Carlos get a free pass too?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.