The Season 3 Protagonist...

edited April 2014 in The Walking Dead

Could it be Rebecca's baby? Just a thought that crossed my mind.

What if we start season 3 with an unknown kid just to find out it's Rebecca's son/daughter at the end of the game?

Comments

• Clementine

• telltale are not allowed to do a timeskip that big so it won't happen but it would be interesting

• That would require a really big time skip, and it would mean, that Clem died in the end, so personally, I find it a bad idea

• edited April 2014

It's not Rebecca's baby. Some hacker already found a file say Rebeccasitsontoiletbloodytowel. Ruining the story for us :(. So we now know Rebecca will have a Lori Grimes situation

• Um ... thats no confirmation. .... You do know birth's not pretty you know?

Also there was no way the baby would be protagonist.

• Y'know, for someone who just started a thread asking people not to discuss hacked files, you seem to have forgotten your own advice :p

Remember to put spoiler tags on things like this in future, if you would.

• I meant like posting pics of the files lol

Y'know, for someone who just started a thread asking people not to discuss hacked files, you seem to have forgotten your own advice Remember to put spoiler tags on things like this in future, if you would.

• Yeah, I know. I'm just teasing. :)

I meant like posting pics of the files lol

• Clem for ever!

• I'll let you guys do the work :). Can you guys close the thread I made for the community? I just thought I was doing something nice lol. I was but i dont wants to be a suck up

Yeah, I know. I'm just teasing.

• edited April 2014

If you really, REALLY want me to. But first you have to give me a cookie.

...I'm hungry. Sue me. :p

I'll let you guys do the work . Can you guys close the thread I made for the community? I just thought I was doing something nice lol. I was but i dont wants to be a suck up

• OMG Lol gives Darth a cookie :D and yes please

If you really, REALLY want me to. But first you have to give me a cookie. ...I'm hungry. Sue me.

• Pic or it didn't happen!

OMG Lol gives Darth a cookie and yes please

• If there is a season 3, I think it would be strange if we suddenly shift protagonist. Unless the absolute worst has happened, I think we would still be playing Clementine in Season 3. But I don't mind a new protagonist.

• I know i'm a fan boy saying this but, if season 3 doesn't have Clem in it or Clem isn't the playable character i don't think I will be as interested in it. I am a huge Clem fan boy, just saying :P

• Kenny with a beard that continually grows in girth and length.

By Episode 5 of Season 3 a stealth section would have him just stay still to pretend to be a bush.

• edited April 2014

Alt text

Lemoncakes posted: »

Kenny with a beard that continually grows in girth and length. By Episode 5 of Season 3 a stealth section would have him just stay still to pretend to be a bush.

• At this point, I really don't see the protagonist for season 3 being anyone besides Clem or Kenny. I simply haven't warmed up to any of the new characters the same way I did with S1's cast. I know Luke's been steadily developing his own fanbase, but there's just something about the guy that rubs me the wrong way.

We'll see where we stand after episode 3 has come and gone.

• Honestly,I don't know if a season 3 is needed.I love TWD and all,but everything needs an ending

• That sounds kinda interesting but I don't wanna it happpeing....

• It wouldn't mean Clem had to die. But I don't think it's a very good idea still.

MesterF posted: »

That would require a really big time skip, and it would mean, that Clem died in the end, so personally, I find it a bad idea

• Clem wouldn't have to die, but it wouldn't make any sense if she appeared, but we don't play as her. If season 3 then focused on totally different people, and we wouldn't see anyone from the old group ever again, then CLem could as well be dead.

Viva-La-Lee posted: »

It wouldn't mean Clem had to die. But I don't think it's a very good idea still.

• Even if that WERE true that wouldn't mean it's not Rebecca's baby that'd just mean she'd have a bloody towel and the baby is most likely dead.

• Personally I would rather Clem be an npc (would have preferred that for s2, and would prefer that for s3 or any continuing seasons including Clem). That's completely personal desire, though, because I find it hard to connect to her for a few different reasons. So I would be fine if she appeared and we didn't play as her.

If season 3 focused on an entire new group with no reference to the old group (depending on how s2 ends) then it's up to the player to decide if she made it. My default would be she is alive, out there surviving. Yours, as it appears, is she is as well dead.

I was just pointing out that the preset rules didn't definitely mean Clem was dead if we played as Rebecca's baby (which again, I don't believe is a good idea)

MesterF posted: »

Clem wouldn't have to die, but it wouldn't make any sense if she appeared, but we don't play as her. If season 3 then focused on totally different people, and we wouldn't see anyone from the old group ever again, then CLem could as well be dead.

• The Undertaker just loss at Wrestlemania yesterday so I can attest to that. The feels are real.

Honestly,I don't know if a season 3 is needed.I love TWD and all,but everything needs an ending

• If it's not Clementine, I could care less who's going to be the new protagonist seeing as I won't be playing the game anymore. Clem or GTFO.

• Yeah, but to Brock Lesnar. Not a legend or anything. The MMA reject, Brock Lesnar.

NamelessAce posted: »

The Undertaker just loss at Wrestlemania yesterday so I can attest to that. The feels are real.

• I agree

iHeartTWD posted: »

That sounds kinda interesting but I don't wanna it happpeing....

• I've got mad respect for you!

Clementine

• <3

I've got mad respect for you!

• Unless they have a REALLY GOOD set up for a new protagonist, I wouldn't want to play as anyone besides Clem. It would be really weird to play as Sarah or Luke or whoever if Clem is still around as an NPC.

If this season has a really solid ending to Clem's story that brings us closure for both S1 and S2, I could see a new protagonist for S3. But it would have to have completely new characters, settings, etc. Maybe it would have a few shout outs to S1 and S2, but it wouldn't have the same plot connection that those two season have. It would be another survivor's story in TWD universe.

I say that because when 400 Days came out, I was skeptical about playing as anyone besides Lee and playing as characters that barely had anything to do with S1's story line. But in the 20-30 minutes it takes to play each individual story, I grew to love each of those characters. So I could definitely see a new protagonist in S3 being successful in this sense. HOWEVER, like I mentioned before, we need some kind of closure to Clem's survivor story before a new protagonist is introduced.

Anyways, I am still hoping that Clem will remain our protagonist for S3 and onward. TWDG IS Clementine. Even in S1, it was still her story.

• The baby? Heck no. Clementine will likely take the mantle again if she survives. Which I hope she does.

• Same here.

AusZombie posted: »

I know i'm a fan boy saying this but, if season 3 doesn't have Clem in it or Clem isn't the playable character i don't think I will be as interested in it. I am a huge Clem fan boy, just saying :P

• Sarah would make a much better protagonist in twd s3, and we need Clem dead for this

sarcasm

• I dont think it would be a good idea, what i would really like is to see a stronger and wiser clem taking care of Rebecca's child, she could be her big sister, imagine clem teaching a little boy/girl how to survive, that would be a really nice tribute to Lee

• fo shizz dawg eats chuck's candy we need a nizzle that we never heard or a new new localsation fo real dawg maybe europe or some rizzle like dat we be seeing same old redneck mountain dew drinkers for too long dawg

• Same here

At this point, I really don't see the protagonist for season 3 being anyone besides Clem or Kenny. I simply haven't warmed up to a

• Are you high when you type these or low?

fo shizz dawg eats chuck's candy we need a nizzle that we never heard or a new new localsation fo real dawg maybe europe or some rizzle like dat we be seeing same old redneck mountain dew drinkers for too long dawg

• Yeah, that has to be the dumbest thing ever. I want Clementine.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.