The Return of Hubs?

edited April 2014 in The Walking Dead

Maybe they will bring hubs back since Episode 3 is 1.83 gigs. Idk how much space hubs would take up though. What do you think?

Comments

• I think the extra data of Ep3 is because it's uncompressed or it has a seriously large cast of characters, as is rumoured.

• I'm guessing it's a lot of new characters. Carver's community probably has a good number of people, so that's a lot of data in itself.

• Nice

Viva-La-Lee posted: »

I'm guessing it's a lot of new characters. Carver's community probably has a good number of people, so that's a lot of data in itself.

• Definitely, hoping to see some really cool character development next episode with all of the interaction that's bound to happen.

Tyranitar posted: »

Nice

• Well, I think y'all can tell just how happy that would make me...

Whatever it is, let it be for the best of the game. If it's hubs, great; if it's branches, awesome; if it's a shit ton of cutscenes that show how Carlos lost his medical license, ok! Hopefully Telltale's been mixing all the ingredients to make an awesome new chapter.

• One thing's for sure - we're gonna be real busy having fun with episode 3.

Well, I think y'all can tell just how happy that would make me... Whatever it is, let it be for the best of the game. If it's h

• I sure hope so, one of the reasons that I personally haven't been able to connect with the new cabin group is the lack of optional conversations that S1 had in hub areas. There's no doubt in my mind that Carver's camp is going to be a large hub with lots of room to explore, and hopefully we'll get to interact with other characters too.

• GOUSTTTTGOUSTTTT Banned
    edited April 2014

if it's a shit ton of cutscenes that show how Carlos lost his medical license

I really want to see this!

Well, I think y'all can tell just how happy that would make me... Whatever it is, let it be for the best of the game. If it's h

• Still waiting for someone to explain why he is a bad doctor.

GOUSTTTT posted: »

if it's a shit ton of cutscenes that show how Carlos lost his medical license I really want to see this!

• More of an inside joke around here than anything else, really, but in my mind he really f'd up back in All That Remains. The size of the bite marks that were obviously larger than that of a human jaw has been mentioned by some people, but for me the worst was his moronic negligence of Clem's bite.

A dog bite is one of the most infectious wounds there are, and Clem would have got a fever regardless because that's how bites work. His logic is as follows: "If she get a fever by morning, she's definitely been bitten by a lurker, even though she would show similar symptoms because of a dog bite left untreated. Nah, fever=lurker."

I had an aunt bitten by a dog in a similar situation as when Sam bit Clem; she was taking care of the animal while the owners were on vacation and took away his plate because she had forgotten to add water. It wasn't pretty, and the doctor gave us a hell of an explanation on why it wasn't pretty.

Still waiting for someone to explain why he is a bad doctor.

• Dog bites are vicious. Human bites, when not held back, are just as vicious and destructive. I have absolutely no doubt that the two would be hard to distinguish. Especially without wanting to waste supplies on her Wound (thinking it was a walker) and without taking proper time to inspect it (he looked for a few seconds). It is very hard to tell the difference between two open wounds so similar with all the tearing, flailing flesh, blood gushing out, and whatever else accompanies the wound.

Onto your other point about his reaction to the situation. I agree that it was a bad choice to throw her in the shed (he even admits she could have a fever by morning from a dog bite (or something similar)) but that doesn't speak about his skills as a physician, only his lack of skills at being a good, moral person.

More of an inside joke around here than anything else, really, but in my mind he really f'd up back in All That Remains. The size

• I have a theory he might've actually been trying to make sure Clem died by putting her in the shed, and knew it was a dog bite all along. If he didn't tend to her bite, she'd easily get an infection and die, thus having her out of the cabin group's hair. And they wouldn't need to expend any of their medical supplies on her either.

It's the only explanation I've been able to come up with for how a trained doctor could think a bite mark as wide as the one Clem had could've possibly been made by a human jaw.

More of an inside joke around here than anything else, really, but in my mind he really f'd up back in All That Remains. The size

• Oh, but a joke that only makes fun of Carlos' moral standards isn't as effective.

Dog bites are vicious. Human bites, when not held back, are just as vicious and destructive. I have absolutely no doubt that the

• Have you personally seen a fullfledged, purposefully executed, vicious bite from a human? I doubt it. They are hard to differentiate from a dogs, even if the dog it bigger.

sayakamiki posted: »

I have a theory he might've actually been trying to make sure Clem died by putting her in the shed, and knew it was a dog bite all

• Perhaps. I guess I just enjoy when comedy is based on reality (or this case, realism in fiction) rather than based on false advertising.

Oh, but a joke that only makes fun of Carlos' moral standards isn't as effective.

• I think he was just being a selfish prick that didn't give two shit whether if Clem would die or not. It wasn't so much that he's 'immoral' IMO (at least not on a sociopathic level), but that he's just really selfish, such that he would disregard the safety of a stranger. Yes, it was a child, but nonetheless, Clem was a stranger and a potential danger. Considering the death of Nick's mother due to their previous rescue of another stranger, I could at least see the inclination for selfish actions being taken at that moment of time.

Could they have taken the proper precautions while keeping their guard up against this fellow stranger? Yes, that would be the unselfish thing to do. But would they? After what they went through? Human's selfish instincts say no, "Consequences be damned what happens to the little girl, for she's not even our problem." That's selfish, but not necessarily "immoral."

I have a theory he might've actually been trying to make sure Clem died by putting her in the shed, and knew it was a dog bite all

• While I agree for the most part I don't agree on the questionably of "moral" as an applicable term. By all of my known accounts of the word (Oxford, Merriam - Webster, etc) the word basic breaks down to a (at least under one set definitin in each) concern for principals of right and wrong. By not caring for a child, even if a stranger, it's easy to classify that act as wrong, and therefore immoral.

This conversation of discussing moral and right and wrong seems very familiar..... lol

I think he was just being a selfish prick that didn't give two shit whether if Clem would die or not. It wasn't so much that he's

• Not in real life, no. Aren't human jaws more crescent-shaped than a dog's jaw? I guess it depends on the dog, if it was a smaller breed with a short snout then I could easily see how someone could mistake a dog bite for a human one. But the one Clem had was pretty wide.

Have you personally seen a fullfledged, purposefully executed, vicious bite from a human? I doubt it. They are hard to differentiate from a dogs, even if the dog it bigger.

• PS- I exited our private discussion and lost the thread with the link to it. You mind tossing me another link? :)

I think he was just being a selfish prick that didn't give two shit whether if Clem would die or not. It wasn't so much that he's

• just for clarification can someone tell me what hubs are? I am assuming this means like kind of a rest area where you can just go around and talk to people?

• Watch out Viva-La-Lee! Someone is downvoting your comments D:

PS- I exited our private discussion and lost the thread with the link to it. You mind tossing me another link?

• If it's over 2 hours and hubs have returned I think I might faint with excitement.

• That's true, but it isn't so much about the size and shape, it's about the volatile jerking, snapping, twisting, pulling, rotating, and other movements that happen when you are bit. It doesn't just come straight down and leave an imprint in the skin, it's much more gruesome and.... explosive than that. Take small monkeys and apes as examples, they often have small mouths, but they can do major damage, so much so that it would be a hilarious waste of time trying to identify that animals bite vs a dogs (I use these animals because they have similar structured jaws and teeth and bite force).

Not in real life, no. Aren't human jaws more crescent-shaped than a dog's jaw? I guess it depends on the dog, if it was a smaller

• GOUSTTTTGOUSTTTT Banned
    edited April 2014

I am assuming this means like kind of a rest area where you can just go around and talk to people?

Yeah that's it, Like the drug store in S1.

aperose posted: »

just for clarification can someone tell me what hubs are? I am assuming this means like kind of a rest area where you can just go around and talk to people?

• edited April 2014

Heh, sure. Here you go:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/community/messages/1311

And yeah, this discussion seems very familiar indeed... :) Morality is especially flexible for myself personally, so I don't really consider something 'selfish' as necessarily something 'immoral,' probably because I consider the definition of 'moral' as 'right' and the definition of 'immoral' as 'wrong.' And being selfish can never be dictated as always wrong, because the contradiction here is that humans are always selfish. Thus, if being selfish is wrong, it equates to being human is wrong. There are often grey areas with this kind of things, and sometimes, people just have to what they have to do in order to protect what is important to them, even if it's selfish, even (as Pete says) "people hate you for it."

PS- I exited our private discussion and lost the thread with the link to it. You mind tossing me another link?

• Which is weird because you're kind of a prisoner. xD

I sure hope so, one of the reasons that I personally haven't been able to connect with the new cabin group is the lack of optional

• They are :o I hadn't noticed, haha. Oh well :)

GOUSTTTT posted: »

Watch out Viva-La-Lee! Someone is downvoting your comments

• Your description trumps my description.

just for clarification can someone tell me what hubs are? I am assuming this means like kind of a rest area where you can just go around and talk to people?

• Alt text

They are I hadn't noticed, haha. Oh well

• Alt text

If it's over 2 hours and hubs have returned I think I might faint with excitement.

• edited April 2014

Essentially. It's typically an explorative area that interconnects parts of the plot, like the St. John's Dairy and Motor Inn during season one.

Always made for a nice bit of downtime to catch up with the characters, and learn a bit more about them outside of the main story.

• Yeah, I hate that. Downvotes. Even Facebook doesn't have a 'dislike' button.

• But there is a personal decisive line which separates wrong and selfish. One must draw that line for themselves, but I have no quarrels with establishing the assumption the vast majority of people would consider purposeful endangerment to the life of a young girl as definitely bad, not selfish, though selfish is the cause of it being wrong/bad/immoral. In the end there can be no definitive answer if anything is immoral or moral, but by evaluative the masses it's easily identifiable what most view as immoral and moral. If one views it as moral to kill another for winking at his girl, then it's undeniably immoral to wink at his girl, while still completely moral to take the life of the imposer. But that doesn't mean that to most, and then in truth it is, the opposite is true.

Heh, sure. Here you go: http://www.telltalegames.com/community/messages/1311 And yeah, this discussion seems very familiar ind

• And Facebook has everything!

Yeah, I hate that. Downvotes. Even Facebook doesn't have a 'dislike' button.

• edited April 2014

Because he couldn't tell an obvious dog bite from a human walker one and after a few seconds of examination thought the best way to find out which it was was to throw a girl in a shed and wait to see if she'd have a fever from an infection or have a fever from an infection.

That's like 4 counts of being a bad doctor Carlos established in maybe two minutes of screentime.

Still waiting for someone to explain why he is a bad doctor.

• edited April 2014

True. But if that had happened to Clem, I would've expected the wound to be a lot less uniform, her bite was one simple curved line going across her forearm, whereas if it had been a walker/human bite with lots of jerking and tearing I would expect the bite to appear more messy and inconsistent. I can't see how a human jaw could make a bite that wide without multiple open wounds and a bigger mess. It could be possible with just the right motion, but to the naked eye with no knowledge of how it happened, I'd say it was a dog bite.

While I realize it's better to be safe than sorry in the ZA, I think Carlos should've at least given Clem the benefit of the doubt and not tossed her out in the shed to get an infection and die. Even if it wasn't a walker bite, she'd still get a fever, so what would be the point?

That's true, but it isn't so much about the size and shape, it's about the volatile jerking, snapping, twisting, pulling, rotating

• edited April 2014

but by evaluative the masses it's easily identifiable what most view as immoral and moral.

Erm, that's not exactly a very safe (much less effective) way of determining what is immoral and what isn't... by evaluating the masses, that is. The 'masses' used to think that putting women on stakes was okay. And going by your logic of the masses, I have to say that if we're going by 'majority wins', Carlos is on the righteous side, because more people in the cabin agreed that Clementine was a threat to the family than those who disagreed.

Or maybe I misinterpreted your meaning. :S

But there is a personal decisive line which separates wrong and selfish. One must draw that line for themselves, but I have no qua

• edited April 2014

EDIT: This did not belong here...

Well, I better get to making "Scumbag Carlos" viral.

Perhaps. I guess I just enjoy when comedy is based on reality (or this case, realism in fiction) rather than based on false advertising.

• The identification was covered with other posts above. It's hard to identify bites especially when the range of difference is marginal at best (dog to walker comparatively).

The later examples you gave are not examples of bad doctoring, only bad ethics/morals/etc.

Lemoncakes posted: »

Because he couldn't tell an obvious dog bite from a human walker one and after a few seconds of examination thought the best way t

Sign in to comment in this discussion.