User Avatar Image

(Android) Additional episodes being downloaded to internal storage

posted by Adam_Lopatowski on - Viewed by 4.9K users
I have downloaded Episode I and it was great so I've bought the rest. The first episode was automatically installed on external SD. I moved the remaining app date also to SD. When I press GET in the Episodes menu the download starts, but the episode data is downloaded directly to internal storage and soon I get the message that I'm running low on free space. After freeing some space, I somehow managed to download the whole data but after re-running the WD S1 I still have the GET option. I've checked with the DiskUsage and the data is present on internal storage, but, from what I can tell, there is now way of moving it to the external SD, deleting it from within the app and it's not detected by the app. Is there a way to redirect the download to external SD? Even if I manage to download Episode 2 I sure don't have enough free space to download the rest
14 Comments
  • User Avatar Image
    TelltaleMike Telltale Staff
    I apologize for the inconvenience. At this time, the app is only configured to download and store the in-app data on your internal storage. You can save space, however, by playing through the second episode, and then deleting that episode, and downloading Episode 3. (Your save data is stored in the base application along with Episode 1) Then you can repeat this process with the rest of the episodes, that way saving the most space possible.
    • Is it possible to update the app so that it is configured only to download the in-app data into SD storage because for me that seems to be the number one issues for android devices which are not rooted.
      • User Avatar Image
        We have not announced any plans to update the app to include the option to save to an external SD storage device. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
  • Ok, I was able to download the whole episode to my internal storage and it was fine - I could play the second episode. But after closing and running the app I have the GET button again.
    • User Avatar Image
      I recommend closing the application again, and turning off your device to allow its cache to clear. After a few minutes, turn the device back on, and start the game, and the episode should be available. Please make sure to be connected to a WiFi network when starting the game to make sure you are receiving all of the necessary updates to make the game run successfully.

If you are still seeing the 'Get' button, please try tapping the Restore button from within the Episodes Menu in the application, and see if that restores the episode as available on your device.
  • It didn't work. I've tried to download the second episode again and noticed, that I can't exit the app aferwards. When I complete the download and try to close the app it just hangs and I have to kill it. Then after running it again I see the 'Get' button.
  • I use HTC Desire 500 with Android 4.1.2
    • User Avatar Image
      I apologize for any difficulties caused by this. Unfortunately if none of my suggestions above were able to resolve the issue, I am out of potential solutions for you to try. I recommend contacting the Store in which you purchased it from, and see if they are able to assist you further, or requesting a refund from them. Again, my apologies I could not assist you further.
  • OK, I've managed to free some space on internal storage, downloaded and installed the frist episode all over again, this time WITHOUT moving the additional data to external. I've downloaded the second episode. Although while exiting the app it still didn't want to close and I had to kill it, when I ran it again I didn't get the GET button any more and could play the second episode and then episodes 3-5 (each time deleting data from the previous episode). Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.