(Android) Additional episodes being downloaded to internal storage

I have downloaded Episode I and it was great so I've bought the rest. The first episode was automatically installed on external SD. I moved the remaining app date also to SD. When I press GET in the Episodes menu the download starts, but the episode data is downloaded directly to internal storage and soon I get the message that I'm running low on free space. After freeing some space, I somehow managed to download the whole data but after re-running the WD S1 I still have the GET option. I've checked with the DiskUsage and the data is present on internal storage, but, from what I can tell, there is now way of moving it to the external SD, deleting it from within the app and it's not detected by the app. Is there a way to redirect the download to external SD? Even if I manage to download Episode 2 I sure don't have enough free space to download the rest

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike ModeratorTelltale Staff
    I apologize for the inconvenience. At this time, the app is only configured to download and store the in-app data on your internal storage. You can save space, however, by playing through the second episode, and then deleting that episode, and downloading Episode 3. (Your save data is stored in the base application along with Episode 1) Then you can repeat this process with the rest of the episodes, that way saving the most space possible.
  • Ok, I was able to download the whole episode to my internal storage and it was fine - I could play the second episode. But after closing and running the app I have the GET button again.
    I recommend closing the application again, and turning off your device to allow its cache to clear. After a few minutes, turn the device back on, and start the game, and the episode should be available. Please make sure to be connected to a WiFi network when starting the game to make sure you are receiving all of the necessary updates to make the game run successfully.

If you are still seeing the 'Get' button, please try tapping the Restore button from within the Episodes Menu in the application, and see if that restores the episode as available on your device.

Ok, I was able to download the whole episode to my internal storage and it was fine - I could play the second episode. But after closing and running the app I have the GET button again.

• It didn't work. I've tried to download the second episode again and noticed, that I can't exit the app aferwards. When I complete the download and try to close the app it just hangs and I have to kill it. Then after running it again I see the 'Get' button.
    My apologies. Can you please clarify what device you are playing on, and what OS version your device is currently running on?

It didn't work. I've tried to download the second episode again and noticed, that I can't exit the app aferwards. When I complete

• I use HTC Desire 500 with Android 4.1.2
    I apologize for any difficulties caused by this. Unfortunately if none of my suggestions above were able to resolve the issue, I am out of potential solutions for you to try. I recommend contacting the Store in which you purchased it from, and see if they are able to assist you further, or requesting a refund from them. Again, my apologies I could not assist you further.

I use HTC Desire 500 with Android 4.1.2

• Is it possible to update the app so that it is configured only to download the in-app data into SD storage because for me that seems to be the number one issues for android devices which are not rooted.

I apologize for the inconvenience. At this time, the app is only configured to download and store the in-app data on your internal

• Try downloading the next episode until it gives you the error just after you finish downloading the episode you want

It didn't work. I've tried to download the second episode again and noticed, that I can't exit the app aferwards. When I complete

We have not announced any plans to update the app to include the option to save to an external SD storage device. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
    omegaxis64 posted: »

Is it possible to update the app so that it is configured only to download the in-app data into SD storage because for me that seems to be the number one issues for android devices which are not rooted.

• Ok but in the future for Telltale games like The wolf among us or season 2 of the walking dead for android is it possible to reconfigure the in-app data to external Storage?

We have not announced any plans to update the app to include the option to save to an external SD storage device. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

I will make sure to pass your feedback along to the team!
    omegaxis64 posted: »

Ok but in the future for Telltale games like The wolf among us or season 2 of the walking dead for android is it possible to reconfigure the in-app data to external Storage?

• OK, I've managed to free some space on internal storage, downloaded and installed the frist episode all over again, this time WITHOUT moving the additional data to external. I've downloaded the second episode. Although while exiting the app it still didn't want to close and I had to kill it, when I ran it again I didn't get the GET button any more and could play the second episode and then episodes 3-5 (each time deleting data from the previous episode). Thanks!

You're welcome. My apologies for the difficulties, and I hope you are now able to enjoy the game!

OK, I've managed to free some space on internal storage, downloaded and installed the frist episode all over again, this time WITH

This discussion has been closed.