How Can I Prove That..

...The walking dead, and zombies, general, aren't Satanic? My best friend doesn't like when I do even simple things like looking at a picture of Clem because she thinks it has 'subliminal messages". She told me to search up "The Walking Dead Game Subliminal messages" and there would be so many of them. so I did, and there were just some random pictures that appear when what you search doesn't really have anything related to it much. She saw a picture of some star thing from the TV show and told me that that star is a tattoo people get and chant satanic stuff (At the time I couldn't tell what it was since I was on my small phone, but later found out it was Rick's badge). If you search the exact keywords that I did, you'll probably find it.
Do you guys no anything I can say/show her to prove that it isnkt satanic?

Comments

• If I was in your shoes, I just wouldn't bother at that point to be completely honest. :S
  • This is why we can't have nice things....
  • Hershel mentions in the comics about the bible saying that the dead will rise for seven years or something, maybe google that passage from the bible and show it to her? I really dont know XD
  • Lmao I wouldn't even try reasoning with a person like that to be honest.
  • I think u have to give a high five...on her face
  • Tell her that she is being brainwashed by her religion. Not to start some religion war here, but religion does often tend to do that. And these so called subliminal messages most of the time aren't even there. People just like to take things out of context.
  • Heh, seriously? Don't even bother trying to convince them. Just enjoy the game, they're the ones that will be missing out! B]
  • I saw this "star" and it is Rick's badge.......you know because he is a sheriff.....
  • edited May 2014
    Why did u want to prove this on teh first place. Your friend have to proof this shit xD
  • edited May 2014
    Satan uses *fear* more than anything to drive people away. Try telling her that it would make sense for Satan to use her fear of subliminal messages to keep her from enjoying anything.

A subliminal message, even if it was intentional, means nothing if you make it nothing. It only creates meaning when you give it it's meaning and attention. Pay any sort of stuff like that no mind, and everything would be fine.

I believe a lot of people put subliminal messages in things all the time, but I pay no mind to them because I don't let it create fear. Satan can't touch me if God is on my side; why should I fear, then?

Except for Weegie boards... I don't touch that sh*t, they scare me.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    With our release schedule, we don't have TIME to add crazy subliminal messages!
  • I honestly don't understand believing in religion this much. I'm fine with believing in it kind of casually, even though I'm not religious, but not playing something because it is "Satanic" is honestly pretty stupid. Maybe try to ask them why exactly they think that and explain to them that they are imagining the subliminal messages as no one else has seen them.
  • Zombies aren't evil by default, because they are as stupid as maximum autistic children (speaking of experience).
  • This is why i'm agnostic it's fine to believe in something and put faith into something but taking it to extremes is neither good or healthy for anyone or anybody involved.
    Spooch posted: »

I honestly don't understand believing in religion this much. I'm fine with believing in it kind of casually, even though I'm not r

• I hope this includes every kind of modern agenda.
    puzzlebox posted: »

• 'Not to start a religious war here, but I'm going to go ahead and try to start a religious war here.'

Kidding. Most people here seem to be pretty cool when it comes to religion.

Tell her that she is being brainwashed by her religion. Not to start some religion war here, but religion does often tend to do th

• edited May 2014
    I know, I kind of want to prove it to her though.

If I was in your shoes, I just wouldn't bother at that point to be completely honest. :S

• Agreed.

Tell her that she is being brainwashed by her religion. Not to start some religion war here, but religion does often tend to do th

• Yeah, but I just want her to stop thinking of it that way.
    Mr_Eeuss posted: »

Lmao I wouldn't even try reasoning with a person like that to be honest.

• Haha, yeah. xD

Heh, seriously? Don't even bother trying to convince them. Just enjoy the game, they're the ones that will be missing out! B]

• Yeah, I couldn't really tell since I was on my tiny phone, but I see it now and I'll tell her that xD

I saw this "star" and it is Rick's badge.......you know because he is a sheriff.....

• The burden of proof lies squarely on the shoulders of your friend. After all, one would think that Satan probably has more important things to do than plant subliminal thoughts in her empty head.
  • I need to show her this. Thanks for replying! XP
    puzzlebox posted: »

• LOL
    MeMeLord posted: »

Zombies aren't evil by default, because they are as stupid as maximum autistic children (speaking of experience).

• kill her
  • Nah i'm good
    goodcop2 posted: »

kill her

• Haha i got 6 likes for that message xD
    Xemnes posted: »

I think u have to give a high five...on her face

• Just saltlick her.
  • I would if I could xD
    BenUseful posted: »

Just saltlick her.

• Just tell her she is right and play the game without telling her and act like you agree. If she finds out then tell her you didnt want to ruin your guys' friendship. Gosh I hate religion fights. Those are serious fights and can lead to hurting. My sister and her boyfriend broke up for a religion problem
  • edited May 2014
    Walkers are satanic/demonic/supernatural in the sense that magic is the only way to justify their most important traits, if not their very existance. To answer your question, I doubt there were any pagan rituals or pathways to hell involved, though it's impossible for walkers to exist by just science. But I don't think we'll ever know what the hell they really are. To me, that's part of the fun and part of what makes walkers scary.
  • this is how I got my sister to play the game:

me: hey sis, you should play the walking dead.

sis: no, its just another stupid game.

me: ok fine, you play the whole season 1, and if you don't cry at the ending, I will give you 50$.
    if you do cry you don't have to give me anything. all you have to do is play it in front of me, not alone to make sure you actually play it and I watch you play the whole season.

sis: ok fine.

2 days later she calls my on the phone saying she played it by herself and cried like a baby at the end.

so what did I get out of it? I get to talk about twd with her and she loves the game and she now watches playthoughs of season 2 without me telling her to.

I never did have 50$ I knew I wouldn't need it :p
  • haha 9 likes. Come on guys I want 20!
    Xemnes posted: »

Haha i got 6 likes for that message xD

• Don't want to get into religious conflict, but I'm atheist
  • Kill her.
  • With fire.
    Rigtail posted: »

Kill her.

• Just let her play it on her own. A friend of mine that I've begged for a whole year to play The Walking Dead The Game wouldn't want to play it, because he thought it wasn't good as the show. A week later he got a new phone and he told me that he looked up zombie games and got The Walking Dead The Game and he played it. Now he wont shut up about it.
  • oh my god this forum
    goodcop2 posted: »

kill her

• With all do respect she sounds like a nut job. Just ignore it, there are people all over that shout out this random shite. Religious nutters, conspiracy theorists and general crazy people. Then again she might just be pulling your leg but if she is serious just give her a slap across the face and tell her to calm the fuck down.
  • No offense but he sounds like a fucking hypocrite.
    TDMshadowCP posted: »

Just let her play it on her own. A friend of mine that I've begged for a whole year to play The Walking Dead The Game wouldn't wan

Sign in to comment in this discussion.