What was worse the Salt Lick or the Crowbar?

Which scene did you find more disturbing? Carvers death scene or Larry's? Personally I found Carvers more disturbing and I kinda enjoyed it too! Which did you find worse?

Comments

• Everyones obviously going to say carver so why even ask this?
  • I still haven't seen Carvers death for myself as I chose to leave and haven't had the time to play another file. But from the pics I've seen, I gotta say Carvers is a lot worse.
  • OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Carver's because it was slower and more gruesome. Larry's death was over quick and he had the salt lick covering the hole in his face.
  • Carver.

There wasn't a hell of a lot to see with Larry. With Carver you could actually see the exposed front half of his skull after his face had literally been pounded off.
  • edited May 2014
    I dunno. Murdering someone's father in front of their daughter is kinda comparable. Not to mention blood splatters all over everyone. Dude chill out they are reasonable comparisons
    CornPopper posted: »

Everyones obviously going to say carver so why even ask this?

• Not to mention his jaw is gone and his nose is where his cheek should be.

Carver. There wasn't a hell of a lot to see with Larry. With Carver you could actually see the exposed front half of his skull after his face had literally been pounded off.

• I just hate all these pointless threads taking up space

I dunno. Murdering someone's father in front of their daughter is kinda comparable. Not to mention blood splatters all over everyone. Dude chill out they are reasonable comparisons

• Carver's. Larry was out cold and it was over soon, Carver was awake for his more lengthy facial reconstruction. Oh, and we were Clementine, so that adds so much weight to the scene in my book.
  • Then ignore them.

I just hate all these pointless threads taking up space

• I don't see Clementine leaving as her being afraid, I see it as one final "Fuck you Carver. I'm not like you and I never will be."
  • I can't I gotta look through that shit to find something worth discussing.

Then ignore them.

• Oh trust me I wanted to. I even said I was gonna stay. But when Carver started talking about how Clem was no different, I decided not to give that motherfucker the satisfaction of dying believing he was right.
  • I'm gonna ignore you now. It's quite simple.

I can't I gotta look through that shit to find something worth discussing.

• It's pretty obvious that a large percentage of people will find Carver's death far more disturbing. I can barely look at a picture of the, er, end result. I have yet to bring myself to watch the actual scene.
  • I think i saw Carvers left eyeball come out as he was getting smashed.. So yea the answers obvious for me.
  • I like how someone in another thread put it: They're going to prove they're not like Carver; not by leaving when he gets killed, but by staying and using the experience further on for good, rather than cold-blooded murder.

I don't see Clementine leaving as her being afraid, I see it as one final "Fuck you Carver. I'm not like you and I never will be."

• Yeah, I agree with the Sergeant dude. That's how I felt.

I don't see Clementine leaving as her being afraid, I see it as one final "Fuck you Carver. I'm not like you and I never will be."

• You'll soon learn I'm always right. Especially when I'm wrong.
  • I did for the same reason, and because both of us needed to watch that. I do not regret it.
  • Meh. Not in the mood tonight.
  • Don't worry, I'm pasty also. Like, Irish pasty.
  • A wise old woman once told me that being human was experiencing at least once in your life all your self had to offer. Vengeance is no exception. Ironic, since I kicked that woman's corpse to the core of a dying planet in an act of revenge.
  • Come to the dark side... just for a bit. It's healthy.
  • There's something called a search bar. You are one rude person.

I can't I gotta look through that shit to find something worth discussing.

• I actually thought the salt lick was worse. It may have not contained as much gore, but I felt Larry's death wasn't "justifiable" I guess. Carver deserved what he got, so Kenny beaten him with a crowbar didn't seem that horrible to me. I actually applauded him as he did so. I understand the crowbar scene was more gruesome, but it didn't bother me as much as the salt lick scene did.
  • Kenny/Carver was like flogging a dead horse
  • edited May 2014
    You guys are like a twenty year married couple.
  • Crowbar. It was very visible and uncensored.

The saltlick wasn't nearly as bad. It simply showed a big block land on his head.
  • This may have been the most useless thread I've made :/ I hope mods delete it
  • Carver's was far more gruesome, but larry's did have shock value, since specially if you try to help resuscitate Larry the salt lick goes boom and larrys head is gone
  • BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited May 2014
    The Crowbar.

The salt lick was shocking and all, but I didn't sleep very well last night, and I have a feeling that crowbar scene was the reason. Games rarely affect me like that. Quite the accomplishment to rattle me, considering that last semester I spent at least six hours a week listening to lectures about war crimes and watching the live footage.

Kenny was brave as hell taking that beating for Clem, but he isn't heading in a very pleasant direction...
  • The crowbar's more brutal, but the saltlick is better for making jokes.
  • edited May 2014
    I chose to leave, but after seeing the crowbar scene on yt, I have no regrets about leaving.

So yeah, the crowbar scene. Carver's face at the end made me gag a bit. Even though he was a major dick, it was pretty brutal.
  • KOTOR 2?

A wise old woman once told me that being human was experiencing at least once in your life all your self had to offer. Vengeance is no exception. Ironic, since I kicked that woman's corpse to the core of a dying planet in an act of revenge.

• Probably because Kenny murdered him with such cartoonish gusto. :D. Kenny in the crowbar scene was tranquil fury personified, a hell of a lot creepier than watching him yell and panic in the meat locker.

The crowbar's more brutal, but the saltlick is better for making jokes.

• KOTOR 2.
    Rock114 posted: »

KOTOR 2?

• crow bar ALL THE WAY!

CROW BAR IS LOVE. CROW BAR IS LIFE.
  • Larry's jaw. That is all.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.