User Avatar Image

Baddest of the Bands coming to Europe 11/21! (Was: #3 in Europe?)

posted by david.given on - last edited - Viewed by 908 users
Hands shaking... vision... clouding over... withdrawal symptoms are... unbearable... must talk... like... William Shatner...

When is Baddest of the Bands coming out on Wiiware in Europe? It's *weeks* late. Episode *four* is coming out in a couple of weeks! Are we going to see #3 before then?
31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • We don't know. The games have to go through a separate submission process with Nintendo of Europe and Nintendo of America, and neither episode 3 nor episode 4 has been accepted in Europe yet.

When we know anything, we'll announce it. (You can always buy the PC versions if you don't want to wait!)
  • November 21st seems like the most likely day.

Or so I would have said on the 10th, but if Emily says it has not been accepted plus the fact that Nintendo has announced three Art Styles (the Bit Generations remakes) for the 21st it seems as though it'll take at least until December 5th. I'd just get the whole PC season, the euro/libra being stronger than the dollar and the fact that the bundle is already cheaper than buying the five games in wiiware should make up for having bought Episodes 1 and 2.
  • Do you know how long it takes to be released after it's apceted?
  • No. Once the episode is approved, they schedule the day. Nintendo of Europe releases WiiWare updates every other Friday, though, so it'll be on one of those days.
  • LittleBuddy;98747 said:
    November 21st seems like the most likely day.

Or so I would have said on the 10th, but if Emily says it has not been accepted plus the fact that Nintendo has announced three Art Styles (the Bit Generations remakes) for the 21st it seems as though it'll take at least until December 5th. I'd just get the whole PC season, the euro/libra being stronger than the dollar and the fact that the bundle is already cheaper than buying the five games in wiiware should make up for having bought Episodes 1 and 2.
    Problem is, I don't have a credit card, and despite claims that you can just buy the game trough Paypal, it does not accept eChecks (only payments with a registered credit card), therefore I cannot buy the PC version of the game.
  • But that's bizarre. Oh, I know it's not your fault, but still... it's just bizarre. Haven't these people heard of synchronised worldwide releases? Bah.

Oh, well, looks like I'll get it for the PC. The thing is, I like playing it on the Wii. It's an excellent platform for that sort of game, and means I don't have to go through the whole boot-into-Windows-fiddle-with-graphics-settings-oh-noes-my-cheapo-Intel-graphics-card-can't-render-this-at-this-resolution woes of the PC version. I'll like being able to fire it up on the TV in the living room rather than at my desk in my study. But being able to play it at all is better than not being able to play it, so...
  • GaryCXJk;98762 said:
    Problem is, I don't have a credit card, and despite claims that you can just buy the game trough Paypal, it does not accept eChecks (only payments with a registered credit card), therefore I cannot buy the PC version of the game.
    Hmmm... Maybe some of the banks in your country offer a virtual credit card (works like a cell phone, you charge whatever amount of money you want and then use it like a Wii Points Card). That's how I buy things on the Internet because I don't have a credit card either.
  • Wow, sounds like it sure would suck to live in Europe. On the bright side, maybe you'll get two episodes in one day!
  • GaryCXJk;98762 said:
    We don't accept eChecks because they take a week to clear and our system isn't really set up to deal with that.

You should be able to set up PayPal to pull funds directly from your checking account, though.
  • Yeah, I figured.

Can I still buy the season pack thingy thing episode download thing season thing?

Or wait, have you guys already decided to release it on Steam or not, or are you guys still pending? Because I actually rather buy the game... games from Steam, since then I would be able to see them on my game list instead of my Start list, which is cruddy as hell on a Vista. Takes freaking minutes to load properly.
Add Comment