Characters who died too early

ComingSoonComingSoon Banned
edited May 2014 in The Walking Dead
So, one thing I've noticed is that TellTale introduces new characters and kills them off really quickly.
For instance, Matthew died after maybe 2 or 3 minutes of screen time. Reggie was murdered after 2 full scenes of dialogue. And Omid....

We don't need to discuss Omid right now.

Does anyone else have this problem? Because I can already see Mike and Jane as possible determinant characters. Sarita will most likely die from blood loss or infection, and Nick's determinant. But, I am supporting #SaveNick, so...does that count for anything?
*loud sigh*

"Well, shit." - Unimportant quote from Lee, S1 Ep4 Around Every Corner

Comments

• Mark and Pete died too early. Both were cool side characters who could have been really close to the main character.
  • Mark, Pete, Omid, Carley, Carver
  • Especially Pete. Mark was so f***ing loyal, even as a walker he did more than Ben.

Jk, jk, Ben is my bro.
    BenUseful posted: »

Mark and Pete died too early. Both were cool side characters who could have been really close to the main character.

• I personally think Carver met a justified end. It's up to the rest of Carver's group to hunt them down.

Mark, Pete, Omid, Carley, Carver

• Well, there need to be some redshirts here and there, but Pete died WAY to soon. He was the nicest guy. Walter too.. :(
  • edited May 2014
    Well... People need to die, sometimes early for better plot, and shock value.

Not everybody can live the same time equally, or else it wouldn't be realistic. They are just unlucky they died earlier then most. Sure they were nice, and it sucked, but that's just the game.

Sorry that I'm "that guy" but it needs to be said that this shouldn't be a HUGE problem.

Also who lived the shortest on screen? Matthew or Beatrice or neither...?
  • His death was definitely justified but I still feel as though he still had some development left
    ComingSoon posted: »

I personally think Carver met a justified end. It's up to the rest of Carver's group to hunt them down.

• Mark is such a loyal fucker, I expect his walker to return in season 2 to be even more useful.

Especially Pete. Mark was so f***ing loyal, even as a walker he did more than Ben. Jk, jk, Ben is my bro.

• But...OMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID

Well... People need to die, sometimes early for better plot, and shock value. Not everybody can live the same time equally, o

• Nice Guy Walt and Nice Guy Pete :(((

Lesson: Don't be nice in a zombie apocalypse.

D;
    Malthur posted: »

Well, there need to be some redshirts here and there, but Pete died WAY to soon. He was the nicest guy. Walter too.. :(

• #UsefulFuckerMark

Mark is such a loyal fucker, I expect his walker to return in season 2 to be even more useful.

• Nick is love ! Mike is life !

#SaveNick #DontKillMike
  • Preach it baby
    Post it on every thread man
    Sedna posted: »

Nick is love ! Mike is life ! #SaveNick #DontKillMike

• C A R L E Y!
  • Mark should have been the one to kill Carver.

#UsefulFuckerMark

• "We have to ! We ABSOLUTELY have to !"

Preach it baby Post it on every thread man

• PETE. For sure. He definitely died too early.
  • Just do it, man.

"We have to ! We ABSOLUTELY have to !"

• TellTale : lol one sec

WE CAN MAKE IT IF WE BELIEVE.

• WE CAN MAKE IT IF WE BELIEVE.

"We have to ! We ABSOLUTELY have to !"

• At the end of episode one, I so badly wanted Nick to have died instead of Pete. But after the development we've had from Nick, he's cool. I just wish Pete was at least determinant...
    Rock114 posted: »

PETE. For sure. He definitely died too early.

• He's in like 2 1/2 episodes. That ain't bad compared to the other people such as Mark, Travis, David Parker, Beatrice, Matthew, and Walter.

I was pretty shocked as well, but they needed to kill hope off at the beginning to make it more depressing.

But...OMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID

• I think Nick is cool too. He's related to Uncle Pete, so how could he not be? I went with Pete on my first playthrough, and while I wish he would have lived (because he really deserved to) his final scene in the back of the truck was exceptionally well done and I even got a little choked up. He'd only had about 20 minutes of screentime by that point, so kudos to Telltale for making that scene so effective for such a (unfortunately) minor character.

At the end of episode one, I so badly wanted Nick to have died instead of Pete. But after the development we've had from Nick, he's cool. I just wish Pete was at least determinant...

• *cries*

*sniffs* Well, Mark and Walter deserved to live longer.

He's in like 2 1/2 episodes. That ain't bad compared to the other people such as Mark, Travis, David Parker, Beatrice, Matthew, an

• Lee died too early!!!!
  • TellTale: lol one sec

WE CAN MAKE IT IF WE BELIEVE.

• I choked up too...
    Just because I though he was gonna be another Lee.

DAMNIT TELLTALE

I think Nick is cool too. He's related to Uncle Pete, so how could he not be? I went with Pete on my first playthrough, and while

• edited May 2014
    Don't forget...

*misty eyed*Our hobro Chuck.

*cries* *sniffs* Well, Mark and Walter deserved to live longer.

• PETE! COME BAAAACK!

I choked up too... Just because I though he was gonna be another Lee. DAMNIT TELLTALE

• His ghost will protect us, just like Lee's is.

PETE! COME BAAAACK!

• How could I he's my avatar!

I miss you Charles.

Don't forget... *misty eyed*Our hobro Chuck.

• DeceptioDeceptio Banned
    edited May 2014
    Chuck, Pete, Mark, Walter
  • I agree. (Along with S2's Walter and Matthew). I was so hoping we could save Pete. Get him somewhere safe and rush to find Carlos so Pete could be saved and wouldn't bleed out.

Don't get me started on Omid ;___;

Mark, Pete, Omid, Carley, Carver

• Chuck, Mark, Pete, Doug, Carly, Glenn (Not sure if dead but left) Shawn, Chet (determinant) Larry, Jolene, Lee, Katjea (How do you spell that???) Duck :*(
  • Kenny died to early, i am still sad about his death in Season1!
  • You spell it Katjaa, so you were almost right.

Chuck, Mark, Pete, Doug, Carly, Glenn (Not sure if dead but left) Shawn, Chet (determinant) Larry, Jolene, Lee, Katjea (How do you spell that???) Duck :*(

• ComingSoonComingSoon Banned
    edited May 2014
    I don't even know how to respond to this, because I know you're not being serious...

Kenny died to early, i am still sad about his death in Season1!

• I would say Carley, because the relationship that was developing between her and Lee seemed to have a lot of direction, but the shock value of her exit can't really be denied.

I'd say Carver bid adieu too soon. And Pete.
  • edited May 2014
    That would've been great

Every time I think of Omid's death I get more pissed off

I agree. (Along with S2's Walter and Matthew). I was so hoping we could save Pete. Get him somewhere safe and rush to find Carlos so Pete could be saved and wouldn't bleed out. Don't get me started on Omid ;___;

• The trailer really made out like he was going to cut his leg off too so it's sad we don't even get the chance to actually save him from the bite!

Ditto... but then I just sit in my 'Omid is still alive' bubble where he survives the gunshot and the world is good again. :)

That would've been great Every time I think of Omid's death I get more pissed off

Sign in to comment in this discussion.