Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• Quite a lot of these lines were still in the game, but there's definitely some unused and neat stuff in here. Really curious as to what was supposed to happen at Wellington and Prescott. Big changes there.

Clem: "I didn't know anyone could point a gun at someone and still look like a huge dork."
    Gabe: "Haha... Oh, c'mon."
    Clem: "No, it was really scary - I thought you might shoot your own foot off."

enter image description here

• They sound similar but are actually different. The David line where he says "Where the fuck were you? Partying? Gambling, that's what's important to you?!" Is half used since he never says the full sentence. They used different takes for a lot of the lines.

Davissons posted: »

Quite a lot of these lines were still in the game, but there's definitely some unused and neat stuff in here. Really curious as to

• Yeah, that's one of the 'unused' lines I meant. But there were a ton of repeats.

Just extracting the Javier flashback, for example:

• "I know, all right? I'm just... I'm on my way." is the last line Javi gives in his phone call. The line after from David is also repeated.
    • "It's nothing, Gabe. We're just horsin' around." is a dialogue option when Gabe shows up: [We're just playing.]
    • "Sorry... I've got my own life." is a dialogue option when David is telling you to stay for the family: [I'm not staying.]

There's other examples across the video, but I'm not going to go through every one.

Graysonn posted: »

They sound similar but are actually different. The David line where he says "Where the fuck were you? Partying? Gambling, that's w

• edited February 2017

I did add a couple to give some context to some of the lines when I could too (a majority of the Edith lines are used for example but I left them in to show what the scene would have been like). The thing you have to realise though is that they aren't at all organized. Some are numbered at the beginning then show up about 600 lines later sounding slightly different or there was a pickup session where they it did again. There's over like 3000 voice lines combined so it's not at all easy to go through all these and remember every single line, I was bound to forget one or two.

Yeah, that's one of the 'unused' lines I meant. But there were a ton of repeats. Just extracting the Javier flashback, for exam

• edited February 2017

My made up Clem response is better than that "you dork, almost shoot your foot off".

• People are saying she killed a man in cold blood.

People are saying she pulled the trigger on purpose.

People are saying some disturbing things about her.

Woah. Prescott sure likes gossip.

• Tripp also mentions Connie—a scrapped character?

Quite a lot of these lines were still in the game, but there's definitely some unused and neat stuff in here. Really curious as to

• ...Or maybe it's a cute nickname that Tripp gave to Conrad?

Eh...?

Tripp also mentions Connie—a scrapped character?

• Man... if ONLY there was a way I could replay sections of the game to make check if the lines are in the game...

Imagine if that feature existed in TTG games! How convienent would that be? Such a shame no such thing exists.

Graysonn posted: »

I did add a couple to give some context to some of the lines when I could too (a majority of the Edith lines are used for example

• Did the ship sail?

...Or maybe it's a cute nickname that Tripp gave to Conrad? Eh...?

• edited February 2017

Unused Jane sounds = Jane looking at herself in the mirror.
    Tripp knew Badger's name, huh? Neat.
    Guess Clementine really was gonna be much more guilty, but they shifted some of it to Javier for storytelling purposes.
    Who is that at 6:32? Is that supposed to be Francine? Is that how sounds in the game proper or is that really another actress?
    Not gonna lie--I like the banter between Clementine and Gabe there.
    Poor Max and David.

Also, wtf at the end?

• "We could hang for this."

Interesting way to deal with the criminals, Prescott. Who was a leader of this place and why we didn't get a chance to meet them? I hate such obvious plot-holes.

"loaf of bread"

Wellington had supplies to bake bread? Like, on the freezing north? Rye or wheat, flour (mills?), yeast, oil, salt? Working ovens? Hard to believe, unless it was a metaphor.

• v

Did the ship sail?

• Who is that at 6:32? Is that supposed to be Francine? Is that how sounds in the game proper or is that really another actress?

I think it's supposed to be Francine. She does sound different but I don't know if it's the same actress.

Also, wtf at the end?

Hahaha, good to know someone pointed that out. I have no idea I just thought it was hilarious. Might be an unused line from when Javi hugs Kate in the junkyard.

DabigRG posted: »

Unused Jane sounds = Jane looking at herself in the mirror. Tripp knew Badger's name, huh? Neat. Guess Clementine really was gon

• Yeah I noticed the whole "Mark gave me the all clear." At first, I was pissed at Telltale because I thought it was a plot error, but looking back it is very much so a plan by the St. Johns. Never knew about the arrow thing though. That's really cool!

Gameserer posted: »

I was looking at TV Tropes for TWD and found this in the fridge section. That's a really disturbing detail. Sorry if this has already been pointed out but this thread obviously has a lot of pages.

• Interesting way to deal with the criminals

Tell me about it - hanging is an interesting form of punishment...

I hope Clem's "We could hang for this." wasn't a form of foreshadowing.

fallandir posted: »

"We could hang for this." Interesting way to deal with the criminals, Prescott. Who was a leader of this place and why we

• from the gallows

I guess it's safe to say...

Jane got lucky, real lucky.

d

Interesting way to deal with the criminals Tell me about it - hanging is an interesting form of punishment... I hope Clem's "We could hang for this." wasn't a form of foreshadowing.

• Ya know, that actually looked pretty good at first. Then I looked at her lipstick'd mouth.

Also, I think it would've been a neater touch if it was Nick's hat.

from the gallows I guess it's safe to say... Jane got lucky, real lucky.

• This one is for the people wondering—what does "From The Gallows" mean?

Gallows humor is humor about very unpleasant, serious, or painful circumstances. Any humor that treats serious matters, such as death, war, disease, and crime, in a light, silly or satirical fashion is considered gallows humor. Gallows humor has been described as a witticism in response to a hopeless situation. It arises from stressful, traumatic, or life-threatening situations, often in circumstances such that death is perceived as impending and unavoidable.

Gallows humor has the social effect of strengthening the morale of the oppressed and undermines the morale of the oppressors. According to Wylie Sypher, "to be able to laugh at evil and error means we have surmounted them."

This episode title, in company of the episode slide that depicts Javier leading the rise of a group of people, suggest that the members of the New Frontier who took over Richmond attempt to oppress our protagonist group and the previous inhabitants of the community, yet they are able to pull through the situation with a form of Gallows humour.

We can just hope that this aspect is handled correctly.

Interesting way to deal with the criminals Tell me about it - hanging is an interesting form of punishment... I hope Clem's "We could hang for this." wasn't a form of foreshadowing.

• edited February 2017

Weirdly, depending on if you tell the truth or cover for Clementine about what happened in the bar in S3E1, if you decide to go with Tripp there is a small change in dialogue.

If you covered for Clem, he calls her by that name. If you refuse to cover for Clementine, Javier refers to her by her full name and hesitates beforehand.

• I SHIP IT

now it is a... love hexagon?

Did the ship sail?

• edited February 2017

I'm not sure if this has been pointed out by anyone here, but the song that plays when Javi and Clem meet, is a darker version of the S1 and S2 soundtrack "Alive Inside". It could mean Clem as a person has grown darker to the world. Many thanks to a commentor who noticed this and here is the Ost of you wanna listen to it:

• I noticed this too, it backs up the theory that telltale might have clem acting the way she does for a reason. Also the fact that elanor tells javi that "there's something cold behind her eyes". It would be really cool if true

I'm not sure if this has been pointed out by anyone here, but the song that plays when Javi and Clem meet, is a darker version of

• Well, they're not her kids(even though she looks like Mariana), so why would she be?

Updated family photo Let's acknowledge the fact that Kate is not bothered by having a family picture that features Mari and Gabe's mother. It could be akward for some.

• Lee's expression makes this song even more depressing.

I'm not sure if this has been pointed out by anyone here, but the song that plays when Javi and Clem meet, is a darker version of

• I know this makes me sound like the prick I am, but...

honestly, what is the point of putting such a tiny detail like this into the game? There are so many major choices from S1, 2 and even S3 which are getting completely ignored right now, yet they focus on this instead? I mean, it's good that they're at least trying to make choices matter, but come on, 99.9% of people wont even notice this.

Weirdly, depending on if you tell the truth or cover for Clementine about what happened in the bar in S3E1, if you decide to go wi

• edited February 2017

I know it's not the place, but I noticed them in my photo folder, and I didn't want them to go to waste.
    well, wouldn't be surprised if alex is modeled after season 1 clem.
    and lily? eh that's a stretch, but I can sorta see what you mean.

Interesting. Not really the place for it, but interesting. I'm honestly having hard time picking between the two, since Clementine

• And Sarah's glasses, let's go wild on this one.

Where are photoshop masters when we need them?

Ya know, that actually looked pretty good at first. Then I looked at her lipstick'd mouth. Also, I think it would've been a neater touch if it was Nick's hat.

• So... gallows humor is like dank memes?

This one is for the people wondering—what does "From The Gallows" mean? Gallows humor is humor about very unpleasant, seriou

• Especially when rewind option is nowhere to be found. You would have to compare random playthroughs to notice such a little detail.

I know this makes me sound like the prick I am, but... honestly, what is the point of putting such a tiny detail like this into

• Are we upset that they included a little variation that depends on our choices when they could've not included a little variation that depends on our choices?

I know this makes me sound like the prick I am, but... honestly, what is the point of putting such a tiny detail like this into

• I am 'upset' cos they spent time on small choices with outcomes that no one will ever notice without being pointed out instead of building on the major choices from Season 1 and 2.

The fact Javier can do this is pretty cool, don't get me wrong, but I think time would have been better spent if they made Tripp have a determinant friendship with Javier, or have Clem frequently say/do certain things depending on our S1/2 choices etc.

Are we upset that they included a little variation that depends on our choices when they could've not included a little variation that depends on our choices?

• And Sarah's glasses, let's go wild on this one.

Eh. I'm still waitin my pic of Michelle with Sarah's glasses

Where are photoshop masters when we need them?

I know, right?

And Sarah's glasses, let's go wild on this one. Where are photoshop masters when we need them?

• What's especially about that is the fact that they have a story generator built into the game in case you didn't play them first, so I don't see the issue aside from the fact that Clementine would be the one making the references
    [Insert "Another Lilly Situation" pic here]

Oh...

I am 'upset' cos they spent time on small choices with outcomes that no one will ever notice without being pointed out instead of

• edited February 2017

Not sure if this was already posted on this thread, but I found this YouTube playlist that features scenes that are easily missed or rare to see in Season 1 & 2.

Some of them, I didn't even know about up until now, and this has been out since 2012. Like, asking Carley about Ben, talking to Katjaa inside the barn and even calling out to the survivors during the Motor Inn raid.

• Yeah it looks like an edit to me

AgentZ46 posted: »

I don't know. It kinda looks like Mari cosplaying as Clementine to me.

• Not sure if this was already posted on this thread, but I found this YouTube playlist that features scenes that are easily missed

• That's gotta be the angriest/scariest version of Katjaa ever.

YOU CHOOSE KIDS THIS TIME LEE DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME YOUNG MAN

yes ma'am

Yeesh, I think Katjaa was about to turn into somethin there.

• And to think, all those years ago, many of us never knew that this scene made the cut.

Yeesh, I think Katjaa was about to turn into somethin there.

• Oh hey, that's actually my playlist

I should probably continue that someday

Not sure if this was already posted on this thread, but I found this YouTube playlist that features scenes that are easily missed

Sign in to comment in this discussion.