233 Comments
  • ###Thread: Ep4. Very disappointing (spoiler free)

---

It was way too short (shorter than any episode so far... not much more than an hour long),

had next to no action (they even spoiled who we were going to fight in the Twitter)

and a very anti-climatic ending (we just get to see someone everyone who had seen the leaked models already had seen, and got to confirm who we already knew were working under him... and that's it).

Felt like a filler episode. It's just there to set up for the final episode, and doesn't even do a good job at it. There isn't even much replay value... no important decisions. Come on, just once again a "where to go first" choice? With 2 options... And it doesn't seem to do much difference (I still have to replay to pick the other choice). Maybe other small choices will have some consequence in the final episode but for now it really doesn't feel like it.

After episode 3, I think we were all expecting more from Telltale, and to me it failed to deliver. Maybe the only good thing about ep.4 was that we didn't had to wait much for it. And how disappointing they knew we would be was probably the reason they didn't hold it from us. What a shame. :-(
  • Telltale don't care anymore they want to finish up the wolf among us and walking dead and focus on their next projects, looks like the day when episodes were 2.5-3 hrs long are over and we should exoect 1 hour episodes. This episode was the worst episode of the season, I feel very disappointed and let down by them.
    • I've played TWD (loved season 1, am a little disappointed with season 2 so far but I'm still enjoying it), Monkey Island and all Sam&Max seasons (am a fan since the original DOS titles), and also tried out Law&Order and Jurassic Park (my favorite childhood movie) but couldn't get into the last two... and I can tell without any doubt that TWAU's ep.4 was their worse job so far. I just hope they can fix it in the final episode. I was in love with TWAU unlike any other game in a long time... now I'm heart-broken. :´(
      • awwwwww man
        what was specifically wrong with it?
        • I want to replay it, explore all the options before starting a discussion with spoilers. If you really want to know, there already are full youtube playthroughs up.
        • Lack of choices and lack of consequences to those choices. I mean it ends on a cliffhanger for god sakes. It seems like every episode before this one in both the wolf among us and walking dead end on an epic choice the player has to make. This one doesn't. Also it was just an hour long. If you're going to remove choices I.e differentiation in the story then at least make a longer story. The previous episodes were both longer and had more choices.

• User Avatar Image
            MindWeb BANNED

TWD episode 3's final choice, a dialogue option, episode 4's; a dialogue option. TWD Season 2, every episode had an epic decision. TWAU episode 2, dialogue option, episode 4, dialogue option. Not EVERY episode ends on an epic choice, and this one had a really badass moment (lighting the cigarette).

• you really think they rushing their most beloved games to start on Game of Thrones??????????????????????

• I'm new to TTG so I can't even imagine so lengthy episodes! I mean, it would sure be AMAZING and I wish for the TWAU finale to be so long, but when it comes to the content, episode 4 was breathtaking (in my opinion, at least). I still can't handle it, it was so intense for me :D

• Damn! Wolf Among Us was on a roll till the lastest episode :(. We wait 1 month for 1 hour of gameplay :scratch head:.... I just hope they get rid of the stupid monthly release with their next project and release the full game (Impossible dream, I know).
  • Yeah, I just played it (well I didn't actually play it, I watched a youtube walktrouhg of it. I couldn't help my self) and I'm dissapointed :(

Why can't you telltale just listen to us? I don't want thousands of games that are only fucking 10 minutes long.
    Even a one game is good to me, if I can really enjoy it. Telltale doesn't focus so much anymore, the walking dead season 2 is so rushed and I don't care about it so much anymore. Now it seems like the same happened to the wolf among us and it really sucks :(
  • Has episode 4 released ?
  • It's not their fault you people decided to leak the models. Seriously.
    • Damn good thing I stayed off the forums because I have no idea what the fuck they are talking about. :)
    • Wait what models are you talking about except for the one we saw in the trailer? And when were tey even leaked?
    • True but, first of all, leaving the files to be leaked was indeed their fault (there have been Telltale model's extractors out for a long time), and since they knew important models leaked they shouldn't have saved "you know who's" image expecting for it to make a big impression, specially for an episode ending... and such a weak episode to make it worse.
      • Wow, blame the victim.
        • We are the victims. They are to blame for doing a lousy job hiding their mysteries. Working/studying publicity and production makes me see things that way.
          • Maybe fans shouldn't be seeking out all this background info and just enjoy the game.
            • And looking at everything else, people got hyped up to see the characters in the game, therefore rushing through the game. Now that no one has a reason to rush through everything, maybe everyone can get back to enjoying the game and stop complaining about the length of the episodes.
              • I agree! Whenever a new episode releases a bunch of troll's with stopwatches enter the forums -.-

• There are those that look to enjoy the game and get the most out of it like us and KCohere and those that want to get to the end, and check the time in which they do it and post it. When I'm gonna play tomorrow I'm gonna make sure to check when I start and when I end, to prove a point for one and to see how foolish some people were also.

• User Avatar Image
        HiroVoid Moderator
        For every internet person looking for a leak, there's many, many more people who have never seen it.
      • The files didn't "leak" someone found them within the game folder (with the intention to spoil for themselves and possibly others) so it's not telltale's fault.

People are allowed to see the files if they want, it's honestly your fault if you clicked something that said "Leaked character models for episode four and five".

As far as i'm aware, the files were never out to surprise anyone, really, they were just put up for those of which who wanted to see them and knew what they were getting into.
      • How is it the company's fault that people are hacking into their games and leaking models from upcoming episodes? People should NOT be fucking doing that in the first place.

• Eh episode 2 was a filler and i still loved it. These episodes are like my children i love them all
  • ###Thread: EP4 One Hour of Complete Trash

---

Remember when EP1, came out. The Wolf threw the axeman through a window. He landed on a car breaking it on impact. You were likely thinking bad ass! though EP4. Many people raised it as delivering sooner then expected.

Yet its barely, and I mean BARELY, one hour of Game Play. So we wait 2 and half months. They run out of ideas, they re-hash ideas already been told. I understand you want to write Game Of Thrones, script. Part of what made your company so unique that the games didn't suck.

You took the time to do hubs, with puzzle. Char progression, now it seems like your rushing content for sake of getting it out faster, whats the matter need another PRE ORDER six months in advance to start to the next projecct.

It sucks, you have a great machine. You are good at telling dramas. Hell all the personality's, names and people are spelled out for you. Yea you still manage to make a one hour show seem boring and repeated.

Please fix this quality of content, even if you have fire someone. This EP4 sucked.

Thank you.
Add Comment