User Avatar Image

Dying in telltale games

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 3.1K users
I'm not sure if this hes been asked before but will there be dying in telltale adventure games, that is if you do something wrong your character will die in an amusing manner and you will have to revert to a saved game?
38 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    To be honest, dying in adventures is oftern really bad,(not always). Like in Beneath a sky of steel. Towards the end you walk past a hole in a wall and a monster pulls you in and eats you. How was I supposed to know that was going to happen, and my last save was 1/2 an hour ago. I prefered the death system in Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantas were they gave you a chance to talk your way out of it, and most of the time a chance to beat your opponet to death.
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    heh, you never played any of the kings quest/space quest games then eh?
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    you can also die in LSL1
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    I think the best system is in Zak Mckracken, where you can only die if you do something really stupid.
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    you can also die in LSL1
    That's right. I think you get AIDS from a hooker.
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    [quote]you can also die in LSL1
    That's right. I think you get AIDS from a hooker.[/quote]

I'm not sure if it's meant to be AIDS since you drop dead moments after intercourse.
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    Aaaarrggghh... in LSL1 you die in the first scene, when you try to cross the street... that's why I quit Sierra Annonyances Adventures before I ever started them...
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    lsl1 was funny
    the rest sucked
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    Are Sierra adventure games any good?
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    Are Sierra adventure games any good?
    Depends, personally I tend to enjoy them more then LA titles, especially the older parser-driven adventures. But some people are a bit put off by frequent deaths and ongoing sequels.

Still, even if Sierra Quests are not your thing, these titles are a must (IMHO) for any serious adventurer:

Gabriel Knight (all three chapters)
    Leisure Suit Larry 7
    Space Quest 6
    King Quest 6
    Mystery House - err scrap the last one :)
Add Comment