I'm able to get to the title screen and I click to continue, but then the game crashes. Apparently, this is a common problem. Please help me fix this problem or tell me how.
I apologize for the inconvenience. Below are a few possible solutions:
1) Ensure you have the latest drivers for both your graphics card, and your computer’s BIOS
2) Restart your system
3) Unplug your gamepad (and all other USB devices other than keyboard/mouse) and plug in headphones to the audio out jack.
4) Verify your cache if you purchased through Steam (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335)
5) Run the game as admin
6) Run the game in compatibility mode (right click on game, click properties, click compatibility tab , and we recommend running the game in Windows 98/ME ) (We recommend Windows 98/ME)
7) Reinstall the game
8) Make sure that the Steam application is not set to a compatibility mode (right click on steam and click properties, then check compatibility, and make sure that it is not checked to play in a different OS)
If this does not resolve your issue, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into this reply. You can find the Sticky here:
I apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing, after receiving the information from your support tool, we will be able to assist you further. (Please note that this is the Walking Dead Support tool, but it will give me the info I need to assist you further.)