User Avatar Image

Walking Dead: Text-Based Adventure Game (Closed)

posted by HarjKS on - last edited - Viewed by 52.6K users

Hi guys, okay so I've always been interested in making games especially point-and-click adventures, however I can't do that. I wanted to and planned to do it with 'Unity' however I don't really have the time at the moment to learn programming all to well and the 'Adventure Game Creator' that I was planning to use costs quite a lot of money. Money which I do not have.

So therefore I figured what better way than to make a text-adventure game, now please take into consideration that it is very early pre-alpha. It is NOWHERE near finished, and the most gameplay you'll probably get is 10 minutes maximum. It doesn't even have a cliffhanger or anything it just ends in the middle of a conversation but don't worry I'll create a demo and share it on here when it's done.

It also uses 'Walking Dead' music from the actual game and obviously it's a text-based adventure so don't expect any quick-time events and such, as this is my first text-adventure game ever and I'm learnig. I'm hoping if this is popular enough with the users on here, for 'Season Two' to be better. This brings me onto why I'm releasing it on here.

Firstly alongside the awesome fan-fics, great fan-art (both 2D and 3D) and such I feel that this (if good enough) can hopefully tide fans over until the next Walking Dead episodes are released from Telltale themselves. I am in no way trying to sound cocky or arrogant, I'm just hoping to please the fans enough. Alongside this I feel this community is very good at giving constructive critiscm and seeing as how I'm a writer (well I guess you could say that) I would love to learn a new form of story-telling rather than novels and plays, so I feel this could be a good way of branching out.

Anyway I just wanted to announce this (I guess) and tell you guys, I'm hoping to see what you think. Also don't be afraid to give me critiscm and what things do you guys want to see. I mean it won't really be as great or vivid as 'The Walking Dead' in other mediums especially the video games since it's only text but yeah anything you guys want I'll try and get it in.

If you have any questions please don't be afraid to ask, I'll try and answer all questions and get the demo out right away so you guys can see what I should improve on and such. Thank you so much for reading! It's appreciated! :D

HOW CAN I GUYS INTERACT WITH YOU/REWARD YOU MORE? ANSWER HERE PLEASE

SNEAK PEEK TRAILER/ FINAL TEASER

EPISODE ONE

EPISODE ONE ACCOLADES TRAILER IS ON THE WEBSITE (Please use Internet Explorer if you'd like to hear the music)

WEBSITE

WHAT CHOICES DID YOU MAKE?

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE IMPROVED?

I RECOMMEND YOU USE INTERNET EXPLORER TO PLAY THE GAME IF YOU'D LIKE TO HEAR SOUND

Alt text

EPISODE TWO DEMO

EPISODE TWO TEASER (I recommend you open it in Internet Explorer to hear the music).

SECOND TEASER

Alt text

621 Comments
This discussion has been closed.