"A pinky swear is forever" Sarah's promise and fate

Does everyone remember first meeting Sarah and choosing whether to be her friend in Episode 1? If you chose to be her friend, she sealed it with a pinky promise. Moving on now to the present, Sarah has ran away at the end of Episode 3, but I believe that this isn't the last we've seen of her. If worst comes to worst and she becomes determinant in Episode 4, would you choose to help/save her? Despite how much people here seem to be annoyed by her, I think that she's a good person who needs a friend now more than anything. I would definitely help/save her or at least try to. Oh and on an unrelated side note, I would just like to mention how great Sarah's voice actor is. Louisa M​ackintosh has got a really sweet voice and hones the character well!

Edit [7/19/2014]:

Based on the trailer for Episode 4, it looks like Sarah will most likely become determinant. It's so sad. I hope most players will make the right decision and try to help her, if it's possible.

Edit [7/22/2014]:

Rather than build character development and make Sarah into a stronger person, Telltale has decided to kill her off despite all attempts offered to save her. It's a real shame that inspiration was lost for such a good character. However, there's no doubt that every friend-option scene Clementine had with Sarah till EP4 was just like how a true friend would react or care for another. Well done, Telltale.

Sarah had a special personality of naivety and kindness that most people don't have or appreciate. I hope maybe someday Telltale will change how they handle some of their characters, though.

Good bye, Sarah...

Alt text

Comments

• finally someone who like sarah :D

• He's not the only one. A lot of people on here like Sarah

finally someone who like sarah

• What if on her deathbed we give her a pinky swear...

"Friends until the end."

;__;

• edited June 2014

I would try to save her since Sarah and Clementine are best friends in my playthrough

Edit: we have a dislike troll among us

• i would say the majority of players like Sarah, just there is a vocal minority who blasts her recently.

finally someone who like sarah

• Why is it you need others to back your opinion to feel comfort ?

USMC1786 posted: »

He's not the only one. A lot of people on here like Sarah

• The only time I ever let someone die, is if it comes down to saving someone else. Similar to those scenarios like Ben, Nick, and Alvin. If there isn't an option between two people, I'm going to save them. I would love if there were more action things when you chose to save someone, that if you failed (example, shooting x amount of Walkers with x amount of bullets) then the character died. But when the option comes down to just pressing "Save ____" or "Don't save _____" I'm going to save them.

• I think in episode 4 we realize how broken Sarah is and her dangerous it may be keeping her around because of how unstable she is. Maybe she becomes fearless following her fathers death and no longer runs from walkers, and instead welcomes death. Maybe she will do some dangerous stuff too, like Ben, endangering or getting people killed.

Ultimately we will have to decide to let her die or not. Maybe she has a shot at survival, if the group finds a safe place. Clementine could definitely keep her alive and teach her how to survive. I know I'll save Sarah no matter what happens.

Like Lee said in episode 3 when teaching Clem to shoot, you just "pull the trigger and live with what happens". So in terms of saving Sarah, and even chopping off Saritas arm, just look at it as preserving whatever life there is left and living with whatever the consequences may be.

• I'll save Sarah. Yes she annoys me at times, like having to help her with her work [I HATED THAT] but I don't want her to die. I'll do what I can to help her, just as I did with beautiful blue eyed Nick. Power to the pinky friendship!

• [removed]

Why is it you need others to back your opinion to feel comfort ?

• Leave her to die. From the creator of #TeamAntiSarah.

• edited June 2014

Maybe its because your weak minded and need the decision of a collective group to support your points, because you cannot do so on your own. its called mob mentality,and its linked to weak minded individuals. A strong person does not need the approval of others to voice their oppinion.

"Weak People Usually Join Internet Gangs - People who have been taught to think for themselves rarely join internet gangs. Usually, if you've been taught to think for yourself, you don't need the encouragement of a group of people to give your opinion weight or to add to your self-confidence."

I'm not trying to be an asshole,but only make you aware that your individually of a person is being vamped away when you seek the approval of others, or need the majority to agree with your view point. In short this generation is becoming increasingly like the borg (star trek), where everyone has a collective consciousness and one viewpoint. If you stray from it you get ridiculed, until you conform.

I'm kind of sick and tired now a days seeing people always having to speak on behalf of others, and make claims that may not in fact exist for a collective group of people. For example telling someone that "we do not like Lilly on this forum", when in fact its just you as an individual that has a distaste towards Lilly but feel the need to project that your part of the majority on this forum,so as to make your point valid.

So are you an individual or part of a collective mindset.

• I'd depend.. But I'll probably show her mercy like I showed Ben in EP4, because having Ben alive was frickin' awesome..

TeamNeutralWhenItComesToSarah

• I have a feeling we are gonna see some dark shit in this episode involving sarah.

• ComingSoonComingSoon Banned
    edited June 2014

thatsalrightwithmebecauseitsjustanopinion

unlessitsantiteamsarahthenyourfuckingfacewillbebeatin

I'd depend.. But I'll probably show her mercy like I showed Ben in EP4, because having Ben alive was frickin' awesome.. TeamNeutralWhenItComesToSarah

• While your diatribe is interesting, I think you're wasting your time spamming a video game forum.

Maybe its because your weak minded and need the decision of a collective group to support your points, because you cannot do so on

• Yup... Death is gonna be everywhere. -_-

Legendary12 posted: »

I have a feeling we are gonna see some dark shit in this episode involving sarah.

• Of course I'll help her. We're friends, right?

TeamSarah

• I'll help her because a pinky swear is forever and friend have to help eachover no matter what!

TeamSarah

Crips posted: »

Of course I'll help her. We're friends, right? TeamSarah

• I agree with you both.

TeamSarah

CatySky posted: »

I'll help her because a pinky swear is forever and friend have to help eachover no matter what! TeamSarah

• She looked broken to me, i felt sorry for her, and i was actually surprised that was a choice to help Sarah or not. I figured most people would be like "Awww that ok." I thought she was going to jump off the roof when Reggie got in trouble, she got problems and now that her father is dead, she is going to be a complete mess.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

I'll save Sarah. Yes she annoys me at times, like having to help her with her work [I HATED THAT] but I don't want her to die. I'll do what I can to help her, just as I did with beautiful blue eyed Nick. Power to the pinky friendship!

• I would save her.

inb4 10+ downvotes.

• You want me to have an individual mindset fine braces for downvotes I think it would be cool to play as Clementine when she's all grown up

Maybe its because your weak minded and need the decision of a collective group to support your points, because you cannot do so on

• Of course I will! Chapter 3, clause 11 of the pinky-swear friendship contract clearly stipulates that the parties entering into a pinky swear are legally obligated to protect each other from death and/or grievous bodily harm.

In all seriousness; it would depend on the situation, who else is at risk, etc.

• She needs to live! Sarah is the only character in game right now that wears glasses, she could become a symbol of hope to all with poor eye sight in the zombie apocalypse.

• I regret making that decision, but as always, I have to stick with my decisions throughout my playthrough.

• So what exactly is the deal with Sarah?
    Her father hints that she's 'unstable'. Is it a form of mental illness?

I felt deeply sorry for her in Episode 1. I still feel sorry for her - what would it be like to have a debilitating mental condition in the zombie apocalypse? Does she perceive walkers and the threat they pose? She doesn't seem to get interpersonal interaction in the same way that others, such as Clem, might.

I hope she does survive and it's not a choice between saving her and someone 'normal', whatever that truly means.

Kudos to TT for actually depicting a character in a game that has a genuine condition and not playing it for laughs if that is the case.

• I'm WILL save her! Ò-Ó
    She just lost her dad, right now is the time she needs us more! I mean, a person lost a person she cares, she start being depressive so you just kill her for that?! I didn't give up my humanity. These "survivors" don't have any family? >.>

• im in between maybe depending on the conversation we where to have before i was given the option i would kill her to take her out of her misery like if ben didn't say how happy he was to be alive and also talked about his open ended plot about his family and how he doesn't know what happen to him i would have dropped him but since he did value life i took pitty on him

my think with sarah though is she still could survive if clem teaches her and gives her a few scares but if sarah was already getting to a depression to suicidal point i would take her out of her misery i do like her okay but i am kind of neutral about her character without clementine or carlos she would be dead but at the same time it was sort of carlos fault maybe if carlos meet chuck as well like lee did sarah would be way more advanced much like clementine

Morloki posted: »

I'm WILL save her! Ò-Ó She just lost her dad, right now is the time she needs us more! I mean, a person lost a person she cares,

• I agree. Sarah wouldn't survive alone, neither Clem would. But we teached her how to survive. We gave her a chance and hope, and I think we should do this with Sarah too. And yeah, Carlos protection made his daughter weak.

sukosagi posted: »

im in between maybe depending on the conversation we where to have before i was given the option i would kill her to take her out

• edited June 2014

As someone who wears glasses, I guess I would agree.

DoubleJump posted: »

She needs to live! Sarah is the only character in game right now that wears glasses, she could become a symbol of hope to all with poor eye sight in the zombie apocalypse.

• edited July 2014

Sarah's fate will be revealed in Episode 4.

• Pinky Swears aren't worth shit.

• Sheep mentality lol

Why is it you need others to back your opinion to feel comfort ?

• Sorry, but I won't help her if I get the chance to either Help her or Leave her... She's most likely bitten, and that's not a risk I'm going to take.

SORRYSARAH

• damn right, and a pinky swear only counts when you're not forced into doing it

Sorry, but I won't help her if I get the chance to either Help her or Leave her... She's most likely bitten, and that's not a risk I'm going to take. SORRYSARAH

• Save Sarah, of course. I'm not gonna let her die

• edited July 2014

I still owe Sarah that hug:

"Okay, well I owe you one for later then. You might not know it's coming though"

• I only gave her that pinkie swear to get the medicine, and I warned her at the start that I may have to do something unpleasant. I helped her learn to shoot, I helped her with her chores, but still I just don't see her getting what it takes to survive. I'll feel crappy about it, but I'm leaving her behind given the chance.

• edited July 2014

I personally believe she's autistic (High Functioning Autism/Asperger's Syndrome). But I agree with you, though, I'm saving her over Jane any day of the week.

So what exactly is the deal with Sarah? Her father hints that she's 'unstable'. Is it a form of mental illness? I felt deeply

Sign in to comment in this discussion.