Did you throw Ben off the bell tower?

Did you? Yes or No? This has been discussed several times... I know. http://strawpoll.me/1990624

Comments

• I LOVED BEN, I WOULD NEVER HURT HIM.

• Raging_Blades R.I.P.

I LOVED BEN, I WOULD NEVER HURT HIM.

• I did on my first playthrough. I've read spoilers for most episodes (I've played the game for the first time only in November 2012) already, and I knew that Ben would die anyway, so I decided not to wait around.

• I pulled him up. He was a bit of an idiotic member of the group, but how was I any better than people from Crawford by killing him just like that. That wasn't out of survival, he's still just a kid and kids do mess up, but you don't kill them.

• I pulled him up.

• I didn't drop him I pulled him up.

I felt like even though he was a jackass I felt I couldn't just let him die.

• I didn't "throw" him off the bell tower. I simply dropped him.

• Now I feel like an idiot for rephrasing the question. Like, imagine if Lee literally threw him out of the bell tower like...Alt text

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Ben's my favorite character, I could never kill him.

• I did it for Kenny!

TeamKenny

• It isn't Ben's fault that things went to crap. He wanted to keep everyone safe, but he has tremendous bad luck.

Alt text

• i pulled him up
    he redeemed himself in episode 5

• TEAM SHITBIRD FOR LIFE.

• I pulled him up. He was actually trying to help. He was a SCARED teenager. I know he messed up A LOT, but I'm not going to purposely drop him just because he messed up. He still had a chance to redeem himself. Guess what? He did.

• Why wouldn't i save Ben. Ben was one of the nicest characters in the game, other than Clementine. I look at Ben's character as a child. He is like maybe 18, to me that is kid status. The writers had to make Ben the conflict catalyst. I liked Ben because he was a nice band kid. I had friends in high school years ago that were just like him. I think it is a damn shame that Ben never had the chance to right some of the wrongs he made in the first season, but that is life i guess.

Alt text

• Never. I felt sorry for the kid.

• NO, NEVER

• After everything he had done Clem did not want to leave him behind, so neither did I.

• Dropping him is just cruel. And how do you explain what happened to Ben to Clementine?

• I always felt bad for him. I was so sad when he died in the ally, im just glad his death was painless.

• "Hey Clem, I just dropped your best friend from a bell tower, how does that fell, bitch?" -Lee

"You dropped Duck?" -Clem

"No, Ben, your best friend, you know, you said that we shouldn't drop him, but I did, EVIL LAUGH" -Lee.

"Meh, that's alright." -Clem

"I agree, I AGREE." -Kenny

BenUseful posted: »

Dropping him is just cruel. And how do you explain what happened to Ben to Clementine?

• I pulled him up. I'm happy to see that there are only 34% of players just like CRAWFORD. And about 66% of players that above the CRAWFORD rules.

• I knew I'd be in the minority here, but I didn't realize the minority would be this small...

...I dropped him.

• edited June 2014

I didn't. I felt bad for the kid. I saved him. Nicest thing!

• I pulled him up. Poor fuckin' kid went through so much shit that the rest of the group never sees. He screwed up, but he deserved a chance to redeem himself. I was really angry at Ben, but I felt bad for him at the same time.

• Fucking true

BigBlindMax posted: »

I pulled him up. Poor fuckin' kid went through so much shit that the rest of the group never sees. He screwed up, but he deserved a chance to redeem himself. I was really angry at Ben, but I felt bad for him at the same time.

• why?

Rock114 posted: »

I knew I'd be in the minority here, but I didn't realize the minority would be this small... ...I dropped him.

• I honestly didn't think I could try save him without getting someone else killed. When Vernon mentioned the railroad tracks, I remembered the herd, and I thought they were right on top of us so I wanted to get out of Crawford as fast as I could. Especially with the hundred or so walkers already in the school climbing up the bell tower to get to us. Not only did Ben ask me to drop him, but I didn't think he would actually survive if I tried to save him, either. I was remembering the Carley/Doug choice and how the one you save ends up dead anyway. I didn't do it because I hated him or anything, or because he was a liability.

Then I found out he could have lived (at least until Episode 5) and felt like shit.

why?

• Actually I do understand, sometimes even when you try to save someone, he or she get killed anyway, but yeah, in this case it was a player's choice

Rock114 posted: »

I honestly didn't think I could try save him without getting someone else killed. When Vernon mentioned the railroad tracks, I rem

• I didn't have the heart to. He was always so well intentioned and always wanted to help but didn't know how and panicked. I loved his relationship with Clementine.

*Alt text

• Yes, I did... In that moment, having Kenny telling me to drop him, the zambies getting closer and the memory of the several times he had left Clem all by herself made wonder. And then Ben told me to drop him, his hand started to get sweaty and.... I dropped him. But i regret it, Clem acctualy leked him and she felt angry at me (only for 5 min).

• Throw Ben off? No. I didn't even shoot the zombie hanging from the bell. Eventually the rope broke and they both fell. I was relieved.

• I'm just like Crawford, then. At least I was in my first playthrough. Then I realised I'd kind of been a dick.

Cody_nara posted: »

I pulled him up. I'm happy to see that there are only 34% of players just like CRAWFORD. And about 66% of players that above the CRAWFORD rules.

• It's as Clementine says "We don't leave friends behind"

• I saved him. Even if the world has gone to shit, I'll still maintain my morals and ideals.

Also, Ben had good intentions and I felt he deserved another chance to redeem himself in the future

• I wanted to drop him, but I pulled him up out of guilt. Which is funny because now when I play in TWAU I don't really care about guilt and do whatever asshole choice I want to.

• I wanted to pull him up,but because I play on one of the worlds shittiest tablets,I couldn't get past the save your leg or get eaten by walkers part.I had to auto generate for the next episode,and Ben died.

• I did later. Not in my very first playthrough, but the most recent one he just fucked up too many times. The drugs, running away and leaves Clementine to die, doesn't watch her when you give him one fucking job, takes the hatchet out of the door, not just telling Kenny but telling him at the LEAST opportune moment about who was giving the drugs... he's just such a waste of time. Like, seriously.

I thought of it was a "I don't have time to deal with your pretending to care about others shit. You want to die? Here."

• I didn't throw Ben off the tower. But I didn't drop him.

• Lol Bad Luck Ben. Why is this not a thing?

It isn't Ben's fault that things went to crap. He wanted to keep everyone safe, but he has tremendous bad luck.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.