User Avatar Image

Episode 5 = 60-70 minutes long?

posted by Clem_is_awesome BANNED on - Viewed by 8.5K users

Alt text

Found it at some tester's steam profile. Not going to post any links to not invade their privacy.

129 Comments
  • Oh no I reaaalllyy hope it's longer than that.

• User Avatar Image
    Blind Sniper Moderator

I hope the Episode is longer than that, but ultimately, quality is not contingent on length.

For what It's worth, the first act of Episode 4 was fairly decent in length, which threw a lot of people off who thought the whole Episode was only an hour long because of when they earned the first act's achievement.

• Remember guys they replay there episode to see if there working so of course they well skip most of the dialogue which makes up most of the game so the time here doesn't really matter.

• Aw, come on. The last thing you want is for people to be saying "Is that it?" on the final episode.

• why not? in response to people complaining about stuff, the most common response i've seen has usually been along the lines of "i thought it was great, i dont know what you guys are talking about, but except for ________ it was the best ever. besides, they still have # episodes left to do _______". a disappointing episode would just be the grand culmination of that appeasing attitude.

at this point, i'll probly just laugh (and cry on the inside) if the episode doesn't live up to the hopes people have had and the dreams it crushed. and at the people in denial. after all, it had a hot werewolf lead, how could it ever possibly be bad? cough

• I don't even... TTG, it's the fricken season finale! Really?

• User Avatar Image
      Blind Sniper Moderator

If Episode 4 is any indication, the first act may be longer than the first acts for Episodes 2 and 3. Granted, I can't see this affecting Episode length too heavily in the long run, but we can always hope.

• Well, to be fair, No Time Left was also really short and it was a season finale as well.

• Ironically No time Left rivals all of Telltale's episodes after that in length. :P

I just wish they went out more with a bang. Multiple projects seem to be hurting them. Provided that there is a future season of either TWD or TWAU I hope they focus solely on one project to add more effort. Please...

• Telltale, just make it 100 minutes long, you obviously can do it.

• User Avatar Image
      Blind Sniper Moderator

Telltale seems to be experimenting with "one sitting entertainment," which I find the current execution of to be a little questionable. Preferably, I'd like to go back to the days of longer episodes, but the good thing about Telltale's iterative, Episodic releases is that they can take fan feedback into consideration.

Even if it doesn't show up immediately in the proceeding episode(s) afterwards, fan feedback still has the possibility to improve future releases from Telltale down the line.

• User Avatar Image
    dojo32161 Moderator

Looks like you don't have to replay to get all the book of fables. Anyway, I was expecting a short finale.

• User Avatar Image
      Blind Sniper Moderator

Anyway, I was expecting a short finale.

I was hoping we'd get a good and meaty finale. :/ Of course, as I said above, the first act may be long like in Episode 4, but we can still hope.

• What the f is Telltale doing? We deserve better than this. I hope that at least as Blind Sniper and walkingdead666 suggested the first chapter (the confrontation with The Crooked Man) is long and testers skipping the scenes are made them accomplish it faster than playing normally. Also, I hope that after we beat the game we get a long fulfilling conclusion to the story before the credits roll. Anything under 100 minutes for the season finale will feel too short.

• This pre-ocupation with length makes no sense to me.

• So you wouldn't care if the game was only 15 minutes long then?

Game length matters.

• If it was just 15 mins of bigby going full wolf and tearing everyone in the crooked mans office to pieces I would be more than satisfied

• If I enjoyed it, I wouldn't care. I can beat the original Lunar game in 6 hours. It is an rpg. Should I think it is bad because it is not a 50 hour RPG..No.

• So would you rather enjoy a game for one hour or two hours? Or if we want to exaggerate again, how about 15 minutes?

Obviously if you do in fact enjoy the game, you will want it to last longer. No one is saying the TWAU is bad at all; you're missing the point. I enjoyed the last episode, but I was definitely disappointed that it was only an hour long. Some people don't find an hour's worth of gameplay enough to satisfy their expectations. Can you really argue against that?

• It was an hour long for you. For other it was longer and others shorter. Yeah I can argue against it. An hour of great story.. No issues.

• That's the point... it's totally subjective. Some people have issue with it, some don't. Some people were completely satisfied, and some people were looking for more. You can't really say it doesn't make sense.

Add Comment