User Avatar Image

Questions about the Collector's DVD

posted by Rubik on - last edited - Viewed by 3.5K users
I have a few questions about the SBCG4AP collector's DVD.

Question One: As someone who purchaced each SBCG4AP game on the Wii, I know there is no way to prove that I own all five games. Will the collector's DVD be available for purchace to those who have not bought the game on the computer?

Question Two: What can we expect to find on the Collector's DVD?

Question Three: If the Collector's DVD will be available for purchace, how much will it cost?

Question Four: Approximately what part of 2009 will the collector's DVD be released in?
84 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • For those that apparantly missed it:
    Jake;105857 said:
    We probably won't do two discs, both because that takes more time than you'd think to make (and test), and because it becomes expensive quickly. It's pretty unlikely that we'll be able to do a special for Wii owners (we have no way of knowing who is actually a Wii customer) -- we haven't got any plans for such a thing -- but I wouldn't rule anything out 100%. It's a free country, etc.
    Basically he means, because of the time they will already be spending on the PC DVD and development of Wallace and Gromit, and possibly early work on S&M Season 3 (possibly even a second Homestar related series), time will be already extremely limited and getting together packaging and the like just for wii customers would be really expensive. In a perfect world there would probably be a way to know who purchased the game and just give you a memory card to store the games on as well as a DVD with other content. Unforunately, they are human with limited resources as to how many things they can juggle at once. I'm glad for what they do for us, as it's still above and beyond was nearly every game company out there does. THANKS FOR WHAT YOU DO TELLTALE!
  • For those that apparantly missed it
    I did indeed see that (admittedly after my initial post). However I wanted to concentrate on last part of Jake's statement: "...I wouldn't rule anything out...".

Don't get me wrong, I realise Telltale have a lot on their plate right now, and I appreciate all that they do. As you said, they go above and beyond what other companies do - I certainly wouldn't have bothered voicing such an idea with any other game company.

It is totally acceptable and understandable that Telltale are unable to provide the disc to WiiWare customers and I realise there is always a cost in doing such things. What I was trying to suggest is something that would be the least amount of effort (removing the DVD ROM content and perhaps creating an SD card label) in a way that Telltale wouldn't be short changed and that Wii owners wouldn't feel ripped off for paying for something that that PC owners only have to pay shipping for.
    THANKS FOR WHAT YOU DO TELLTALE!
    Hear, hear! :D
  • Is it just Nintendo's fiddily system with WiiWare that you cant do this? Could you do it with say XBox Live's accounts by sending it to that persons address, if you see what I'm getting at.
  • No, it's not just WiiWare. Our Sam & Max games are available in many places (including Steam, GameTap, retail stores...) but the collectors discs are an exclusive bonus for Telltalegames.com customers.
  • The Burninator;113938 said:
    Is it just Nintendo's fiddily system with WiiWare that you cant do this? Could you do it with say XBox Live's accounts by sending it to that persons address, if you see what I'm getting at.
    They COULD do it with certain Wii owners, too, as long as stuff cleared with Nintendo. If the person registered all 5 games with Club Nintendo, Nintendo would have that information, as well as the person's address. I'm not sure if XBox Live has your address public or not, but if not, they would probably have to clear it with Microsoft in that situation as well since Microsoft would have the information. Same with Nintendo/Club Nintendo.

Of course, that's a lot of effort to go through to give something away FREE, which is why that is not likely to ever happen and why people have suggested/requested things like a low-cost disc with just the bonus content so they don't miss out but Telltale doesn't have to go through too much unnecessary effort.
  • Maybe they'll make a big soundtrack, DVD bundle like with Sam and Max.
  • I have an idea, why not have two disc Wii Version

Disc 1: Special Mode To Play Ep 1-5 with no wait or Indivisouly (You'll need some Bonus Footage for Transitioning Episodes) (Wii Disc)

Disc 2: Bonus Content (DVD)
  • The problem is that would require the creation of a Wii formatted optical disc that would (as far as I'm aware) have to go through official Nintendo channels and be much more expensive.

There have been hints that SBCG4AP may appear at retail but this would have to be a separate product. Not to mention full priced.

It would be better to do something more cost effective.
  • Philski;114418 said:
    The problem is that would require the creation of a Wii formatted optical disc that would (as far as I'm aware) have to go through official Nintendo channels and be much more expensive.

There have been hints that SBCG4AP may appear at retail but this would have to be a separate product. Not to mention full priced.

It would be better to do something more cost effective.
    Fully aware, man. But didn't they do that with Sam & Max, I saw a picture with the Wii case and a sleeve with a Bonus Disc.
    I'm Waiting Til April For W&G Marathon.
    Sorry, that was unnesecary
  • That Sam & Max bonus disc was a special preorder incentive at GameStop. It didn't come bundled with the game.
Add Comment