User Avatar Image

Questions about the Collector's DVD

posted by Rubik on - last edited - Viewed by 4.4K users
I have a few questions about the SBCG4AP collector's DVD.

Question One: As someone who purchaced each SBCG4AP game on the Wii, I know there is no way to prove that I own all five games. Will the collector's DVD be available for purchace to those who have not bought the game on the computer?

Question Two: What can we expect to find on the Collector's DVD?

Question Three: If the Collector's DVD will be available for purchace, how much will it cost?

Question Four: Approximately what part of 2009 will the collector's DVD be released in?
84 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Heres a simple question. Will you need to have the disk in the drive to play the game? It may seem really lazy, but I dont like having to pop a disk in my computer when I want to play a game. I like just clicking the icon and going.
  • A thought.
    While I'm not sure If this is worth it,
    Possibly send the bonus content through a 5$ package through Wiiware?
    A DVD is pretty hard to make, but would it be any easier to send another package through Nintendo?
  • music\'s sound;119373 said:
    A thought.
    While I'm not sure If this is worth it,
    Possibly send the bonus content through a 5$ package through Wiiware?
    A DVD is pretty hard to make, but would it be any easier to send another package through Nintendo?
    It would still mean more work converting it and then the question arises if Wiiware can even support purely video content. I would think that they use a specific container, and who's to say they could even do it within that container. Also, I don't think they want those who didn't purchase the game itself to be able to have all that content (I'm sure there are those who would just get that alone) so there is no way to tell and once again you're back in the original boat of who did or didn't buy it. Thoughts?
  • how far is the dvd done telltale? you already realeased w&g!
  • deadlinejon;120392 said:
    how far is the dvd done telltale? you already realeased w&g!
    Might I point out they released the first episode only. The other three are more than likely in development yet, and probably will put the dvd on hold till they have the guts done for all of them (maybe another month or two?).
  • i want to pay ship & hand now, so i dont have to when they do release the dvd.
  • deadlinejon;120615 said:
    i want to pay ship & hand now, so i dont have to when they do release the dvd.
    Why does it matter? They don't like to let you pre-order until they're close to finishing it/waiting for it from the distributer. This is a standard practice and you're making an unreasonable request to pay for something that apparently isn't even close to done yet.
  • Adding my 3 pennies.

I prefer the PC version of any game so let me present that first off.

I did remember seeing something on the wii shop channel (yes I do have of of those *wink) about download tickets or something. Something along the lines of you can download content if you have a code. Not sure if this was just for the Wii Speak channel or if it is for multiple products. Anyway, what if this were used for a method of delivering "bonus" content. Not that I'm suggesting there should or shouldn't be, just presenting a possible solution.
  • I have no problem talking about bonus content for the wii, but could we please not threadjack? In all seriousness, a separate topic should be setup talking about possibilities and only the DVD which has been confirmed talked about here. It makes it annoying for those hoping to actually see info about it or when it will come out.
  • To atone from my "accused" threadjacking, how about having all the posters (both the ones you find in baddest of the bands, as well as the ones on the walls of the house of strong) being bonus art (a la walpapers) on the DVD.
Add Comment