User Avatar Image

Ideas for protagonists for Season 3

posted by browngamer93 on - Viewed by 9.1K users

Here's my idea, what if Telltale continues to keep Clementine as the main protagonist of the story but they add in another new protagonist as well! Like Tales from the Borderlands! It would make a lot of things interesting! Imagine controlling the two characters and judging the relationship between the two. Would they have a special bond or would it be a "I can't stand you asshole" kind of a relationship. What do you guys think? Clem and the other protagonist working together!

222 Comments
  • we just want Clementine no one else

• I disagree. I want Clem to continue as the protagonist, but what if they changed things up a bit? Think of how it would change the gameplay. You roleplay as two characters at once with them responding to each other or to someone else. And then that brings up the idea of multiplayer, which may not happen but still, with the second player taking control of the other protagonist's actions and dialogue instead.

• Dual POVs have done well before and I think it could add some depth if they add a second character, yeah. I doubt they will do this though.

• User Avatar Image
        CathalOHara Moderator

They're already trying that out with their upcoming Borderlands game. But I'd prefer to only play as one character in TWD to be honest.

• Multiplayer in a game like this. Bad combo.

• Your idea of Multiplayer is different from mine's. This is cooperative puzzle solving and dialogue participation. Multiplayer isn't just used for shooting at other people

• I know what you meant by multiplayer for this game. I know its not only shoot em up kind of style. Its just that with Telltale's type of game engine, I don't see them being able to properly implement a good cooperative gameplay style in this type of game. Its a point and click game dude. This isn't Portal. There are some things that just wouldn't work. Not everything needs multiplayer.

• I agree with ChuckTheLizard.

That stupid every-game-should-have-multiplayer-mentality of today's gamer is really annoying. I mean, how should it work? Who decides important decisions, like who should live and who not? What if I want to play alone? Would the second character just disappear or become a minor character, forcing TT to basically write 2 plot lines, one for 1 and another for 2 characters? Or should the decisions and dialogues of the Co-op Character be made by the game, ripping single-player of some major plot changes?

And seeing the "puzzles" of the first 2 Seasons, having the Co-op Partner just to solve puzzles would force TT to spend less time with the story and more time with making good puzzles, and most TWD Player would hate it. Me personally, I don't like puzzles, I play TWD for the story, like the majority of people.

• Why don't they just make us able to choose a character and play it in multiplayer!Ex:
              -You choose to play Kenny.Your friend plays as Luke,and the others choose their preferable characters.
              -You will have the same dialouge as the Seasons 1 & 2.The story is the same.You're judt playing with your friends.
              -Or it can be any storyline and any characters!Choose to play from 2-4-8-10 players in a multiplayer server,and the story will vary.

What do you think?

• Sorry for the late reply :) .

I.... don't really get your Idea. Are you suggesting making the 2 Seasons to a Multiplayer? How'd that work? 1st that would be stupid from a financial side as most player already know the first 2 Seasons and many wouldn't play it again, and 2nd how would you incorporate the decisions of the other player? If you want to recreate the story, you couldn't, because having Lee, Kenny, Ben making different choices would screw up the story. Also, how would you do with character which didn't appear at the beginning? Would it mean none of the character could die?

Or are you suggesting making a new game in the same style as Season 1 & 2 just as a multiplayer? Then it still would make no sense, why see my post in this thread directly above your post. Also, having 2-4-8-10 players with varying stories? Are you out of your mind? Have you any idea you freaking much work that would take? You'd have to have several developer teams at once working on it, and it would take several years. That's just impossible.

• I've never suggested the first two seasons should have multiplayer. It was an "idea" for the third season. Check out the game Divinity: Original Sin multiplayer and dialogue and you would get my idea. Better yet, check out The Old Republic or Beyond Two Souls. Imagine playing the entire game with your boyfriend, girlfriend, best friend, whatever, etc as the second protagonist.

I'm not talking about having Ben or Kenny as a playable character. I am talking about a FULL FLEDGED original and new protagonist. If you don't want to play with someone, play both characters alone and ROLEPLAY as them both.

• That's what I've been thinking but I think now just having Clem as the protagonist will be good because IDK if it'll work.

• Hell no, no multiplayer. It's like every successful game now needs multiplayer but TWD multiplayer would be terrible.

• FAKE_FANS_ATTACKS

FAKE_FANS_ATTACKS

FAKE_FANS_ATTACKS

FAKE_FANS_ATTACKS

FAKE_FANS_ATTACKS

• I don't mind for her remain in the group but I don't want to play as her again. I'd like to play as Kenny, Luke, or Mike

• Don't say "we". You don't speak for everybody. Everybody has their own opinions.

• i disagree i think making clementine the protaganist was the wrong move IMO it made things less interesting and changed clems personality in a drastic way because she already had a definitive personality and she was never a douchebag but having her as the protaganist she can be a douche and its very out of character

• Damn you guys, give clem a rest lol, if she becomes the protagonist of this next season then fine i dont have a problem with that shes a cool character, my point is no matter who the protagonist is, the main thing is if hes an interesting character or not, if clem isnt the protagonist in this season i would like it to be one clem's group but thats up to telltale.

• Well I do want to play as a new protagonist so I would settle for playing as two protagonists and it would make the Clem fans happy and the people who want a new protagonist happy.

• I want to either play as an older Clem looking after Alvin(I named the baby for myself until the game gives me the option to do so, or at the very least names him itself) or as someone completely new, but Clementine is still alive and in the group.

• What do you guys think? Clem and the other protagonist working together!

Other protagonist

Other p-r-o-t-a-g-o-n-i-s-t

O_O.....

LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE

Alt text

Let my favorite brotp kick some more ass together! PLEASE!

• Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem. Clem.

• User Avatar Image
    TheNerd BANNED

CLEMENTINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alt text

• Now, I'd personally like having two protagonists. As long as they don't fuck it up, I'll be fine with it.

• I said long ago. two protagonist. one of them being clem.

• Clementine, of course. But idea of two protagonists is good as long as we'll still be able to play as this little girl.

Add Comment