User Avatar Image

Saddest/Most Dissapointing Moments in the Gaming Industry?

posted by ig0rpwnwEd on - last edited - Viewed by 2.7K users
Hey Goozers, I want to make a video about the top ten saddest moments in the video game industry, but didn't know which ones to choose. Any suggestions? An example for an answer is "When Naughty Dog gave up the Crash Bandicoot franchise." not [SPOILER]"When Aeris dies in FFIV."[SPOILER/]
104 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Okay, We ALL know what Number 1 is;
    THE DEATH OF SEGA.
    Oh Come on, It's inevitable that's gonna be at the top, Because if the DC hadn't failed, We'd still have GOOD Sonic games and we'd have a continuation of the Phantasy Star Online series.
  • Actually, I think Game crash will make number one.
  • Ray-The-Sun;115317 said:
    Okay, We ALL know what Number 1 is;
    THE DEATH OF SEGA.
    Oh Come on, It's inevitable that's gonna be at the top, Because if the DC hadn't failed, We'd still have GOOD Sonic games and we'd have a continuation of the Phantasy Star Online series.
    This. The Mega Drive was such as great console and had way more good games than Nintendo at the time.

A close runner is also when lucasarts decided to print money by only making crap Star Wars games. The last good one was Jedi Knight 2. Jedi Academy was almost good, but the story really let it down.
  • The death of Adventure games. Also, Sonic.
  • That's about the only games they make now, right?

I would probably have to say when Nintendo started going into the casual audience.
  • RobD;115322 said:
    This. The Mega Drive was such as great console and had way more good games than Nintendo at the time.

A close runner is also when lucasarts decided to print money by only making crap Star Wars games. The last good one was Jedi Knight 2. Jedi Academy was almost good, but the story really let it down.
    kotor, lego star wars, empire at war, battlefront.
  • The death of Rare inc. ( when it passed to microsoft ). What was once a great company was reduces to ashes, and then the stampers left the company. Rare shiiiiiiiiiined with Nintendo, they had a great partnership and made great games together. I hated that day where the company went sour.
  • ig0rpwnwEd;115305 said:
    Hey Goozers, I want to make a video about the top ten saddest moments in the video game industry, but didn't know which ones to choose. Any suggestions? An example for an answer is "When Naughty Dog gave up the Crash Bandicoot franchise." not [SPOILER]"When Aeris dies in FFIV."[SPOILER/]
    Wow, Aeris was in FFIV?! :o

Nah, just kidding. I can name a decent one, although it's not very big:
    When iD software gave up on making the last Commander Keen trilogy (The Universe Is Toast!) in favor of FPSes. :P
  • These are all good suggestions, keep them coming! By the way, I am taking votes, so I think that death of adventure games may get somewhere on the list. :D
  • 6 words: "Your princess is in another castle."
Add Comment