User Avatar Image

Too easy?

posted by Opus132 on - last edited - Viewed by 681 users
I just started this series for the first time. I like it, but so far it seems to be a bit easy. Some of the puzzles in the first episode were somewhat challenging, but other then that it's been a soft ride. Episode three in particular was a breeze. Is this how it's going to be from now on or can i expect more challenge? What about season two? I like the game so far, but i'm worried i may end up finish it really quick.
53 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    The games never become brain destructively hard, but the difficulty does noticeably ramp up and up over the course of the series.
  • Jake;116986 said:
    The games never become brain destructively hard, but the difficulty does noticeably ramp up and up over the course of the series.
    That's good to know, i was afraid it was actually going to get easier still, particularly considering modern trends in gaming.
  • I think they allow more jokes to be explored though, the actual "story" dialogue is much funnier then if you click on random junk, so they want you to get to the funny quick :)
  • There's actually a nice little learning curve over the 2 seasons. By the time you get to the last two episodes of s2 if u are playing with hints off they will
    Present a nice and lengthy challenge. Your gonna love the next 8 episodes! The series started to hit it's stride by 104 and then it just gets better and better
  • Seriously, I'd say play Episode 104 before giving this any further thought. It has the moment that sold me on Sam & Max.
  • Well, I say it's hard. But that's good. I want to explore all the funny dialogue I can get my hands on.
  • I think the difficulty's just right. Hard enough to be enjoyable, and easy enough that I don't get so frustrated that I start working exclusively from a guide because I want to know what happens next.
  • I like these type of comedy game on the easy side so that the whole experience can go smoothly, still i'd say season 2 was propably a bit more tough.

Still, welcome aboard. These games are gems
  • Jake;116986 said:
    and, will it not go further in later series (either S&M or W&G)? I'm not dissatisfied or anything, but I could use some more difficult puzzles sometimes :D
  • Gah, for me the puzzles were insanely hard at first.. but that was probably cause I hadn't played this kind of games in a long while. :) As I got more into the S&M universe, those puzzles became slightly easier for me, too.

But never too easy, that's for sure! :D
Add Comment